DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They're back!!!

Go down 
+7
Casey
pauldt1969
mingus
Fuzzylogic
MKULTRA
kjakm
Harbortown
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 12:06 pm

It's official, guys. They're back. Tour dates, new album. Suuuuuch a great friday, holy shit!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=526189452206474&set=a.300315621460526
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 12:11 pm

Such incredible news! The new album bit is just icing on the cake 😍
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 12:52 pm

I know!!

Honestly, I am happier about the album than upcoming tour dates. I love seeing them live, but I think they're a better studio band than they are a live band. I'd rather see them release more studio albums than release one or two albums and then burn out from the touring and media circus again.

I think, though, given what they went through and that they're now older and wiser, they are gonna be able to do things on their own terms and control their situation better.

I am SO fucking psyched.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 1:02 pm

WE BACK BABY!

I hope they can just do their own thing, like Harbortown said.I assume they can release through Thirty Tigers like Brian (and other peers like Hold Steady, Jason Isbell, etc).

In addition to being older and wiser, I also think Brian in particular has grown a lot as a musician and a songwriter, and I can't wait to see what they come up with.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 1:16 pm

What I love about Get Hurt is how they went completely beyond everyone's expectations and did 100% their own thing, and I think we can expect them to do the same this time around - not necessarily a record that sounds like Get Hurt, but looking at Brian's solo records and how they progress soundwise, I think it's safe to say that none of us have any idea of what they're gonna come up with.

I will say about his songwriting that he's always been stuck in the 4 chords swamp. Nearly every song that he's written for a Gaslight or a solo record has the 1-5-6-4 or the 6-4-1-5 chord progression. That won't make much sense if you're not into music theory, but you can check out "Axis of Awesome - 4 chords" on Youtube because that'll show you pretty much what Brian's songwriting is like. His primary strength lies in lyrics, I think.

One of the things I love about Get Hurt is that he started to transcend that and try different chord progressions. Oh well, I'm happy just to have a new record!

RobertODonnell likes this post

Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 1:24 pm

I always feel Get Hurt was them trying to do something different because of outside pressure/endless Springsteen comparisons. It’s impossible to know but I wouldn’t be surprised if they went back to doing what they know they do well even if it’s not new/original. Tbh at this point they can put out anything and I’m sure I’ll love it.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzylogic
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 3:23 pm

Kinda joined this forum after they were done. Think this could actually be my first post 🤷‍� Really thought it was gonna be a tour but with benny not pictured in the mercy union photo for the single then it got me thinking. Great news about new material though, that is what the dream was for me. Anyway it’s great to have them back and hello from me 👍

Goodersgold likes this post

Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2022 11:25 am

*Mic chec* Is this thing still on? Smile
So so happy with this news, I really wonder what changed. As I am reading through some old interviews (especially during the anniversary tour for The 59 Sound) he really seemed done with the band.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 9:37 am

mingus wrote:
*Mic chec* Is this thing still on? Smile
So so happy with this news, I really wonder what changed. As I am reading through some old interviews (especially during the anniversary tour for The 59 Sound) he really seemed done with the band.
We talking about Benny?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 9:39 am

Fuzzylogic wrote:
Kinda joined this forum after they were done. Think this could actually be my first post 🤷‍�
This forum was a sprawling metropolis of content some 10 years ago. I think Facebook kinda killed a lot of forum culture, which is a shame. Hopefully the band's resurgence will be the resurgence of this community.

Welcome!

Goodersgold likes this post

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 9:42 am

kjakm wrote:
I always feel Get Hurt was them trying to do something different because of outside pressure/endless Springsteen comparisons. It’s impossible to know but I wouldn’t be surprised if they went back to doing what they know they do well even if it’s not new/original. Tbh at this point they can put out anything and I’m sure I’ll love it.
Yeah maybe. I know Brian talked around the Handwritten-era about how they wanted to be stadium big. I would imagine something like that in addition to a rigorous touring schedule, huge expectations from the label and the constant Springsteen talk would have contributed to a lot of tiredness in the band.

Like you said, I bet anything they do will be great! I'm just happy they're making new music. Such great news.

Back to top Go down
pauldt1969
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2022 7:55 am

Harbortown wrote:
Fuzzylogic wrote:
Kinda joined this forum after they were done. Think this could actually be my first post 🤷‍�
This forum was a sprawling metropolis of content some 10 years ago. I think Facebook kinda killed a lot of forum culture, which is a shame. Hopefully the band's resurgence will be the resurgence of this community.

Welcome!

Let's hope so.  I used to love hanging around this place. Hope you got the tickets you wanted...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2022 8:09 am

They haven't announced any shows for Sweden yet, but I'm sure they will eventually.

Are they playing near where you live?
Back to top Go down
pauldt1969
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2022 8:44 am

Harbortown wrote:
They haven't announced any shows for Sweden yet, but I'm sure they will eventually.

Are they playing near where you live?

I'm on the outskirts of London so, yes, got lucky. Hope you get something soon.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2022 4:53 am

Ahh nice. I'm going to London in July to see Midnight Oil on their last ever tour. It'll be great for sure!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:16 am

From another thread:
Daire wrote:
Interesting times ahead.

Wonder if full time touring is a permanent thing.

Given how exhausted the whole endeavour felt towards the end I thought they might come back Hold Steady style - doing a residency in a city for a weekend and that's it.

I actually listened to Senor and the Queen last night for the first time in probably 10 years yesterday - I still thing the lyrics are quite good but the audio sounds like hot garbage. It's funny how perception changes, back then it would have been one of my favourite releases.
My fear is that Brian's voice won't be able to keep up - it was pretty roughed up towards the end of their original run, on account of their songs being in a pretty high key, on account of him (seemingly) not using any vocal technique and on account of their rigorous touring schedule. Plus he's over 40 now.

And I think Señor and the Queen has two of their best songs - the first and last one, respectively - but the sound is indeed not very good.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 4:15 pm

They're back!!! This-is-joyous-news-tobias-funke

Hi friends! Been a hot moment but was so happy to hear the news, had a huge shit eating grin on my face when I saw the Facebook posts.

Random tangent but I named my puppy Benny. My gf and I couldn't agree on names and she proposed Benny (short for Eggs Benny) and I was happy with it because of this band haha.

RobertODonnell and Harbortown like this post

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2022 6:51 am

Heeeeey man, it's good to see you!

Benny is an amazing name. I might have to name my future cat Benny.
Back to top Go down
dmwhalen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 3:55 pm

And better than ever!
Back to top Go down
DavyGrolton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2022 10:18 pm

The NJ show was incredible
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2022 8:25 am

Daaaamn. That's an incredible setlist. Happy for you!
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 6:30 pm

On Facebook, they posted a teaser of what sounds like a new song with distorted static over it. Sounds like a new single is coming soon, get hyped!!!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 7:44 am

Here it is, their new song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rymbk5I_WlA&ab_channel=GaslightAnthemVEVO

It sounds like the natural evolution from Get Hurt, which is pretty cool; it sounds like they just picked up where they left off. However, I'm not too impressed. For a first single, I would have expected something a little less...standard?
Typically, their singles are either a bit more energetic or a bit more on the slower side, and this feels like an inbetween kind of song. Like a filler track, almost.

What do you guys think?

Casey likes this post

Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 11:29 am

It gets better at the end for sure
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 4:13 pm

I agree, Harbor.

But I think the lyrics mean something -- and it's no accident that these are the lyrics of their first single since reuniting.

I also think the second half of the song is definitely better.

Still sounds like TGA, though. And that alone gave me goosebumps.

Now if we can just get an album release date!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

They're back!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're back!!!   They're back!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're back!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next