DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance

Go down 
+6
Frenzal
Tobi
vamike
Vibes
Chris
Prisoner
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Tonight the Gaslight Anthem is playing live in a studio. The performance is being aired right now on a dutch radio station
You can stream it on this site http://www.3fm.nl/. Click on Luister Live on the top of the site.
You will hear Gaslight between 2 hours and 40 minutes from now. I'll see if I can record the performance. Got to download a recording tool software real fast

Last edited by Prisoner on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Alright I'll record the show for you guys. Just downloaded Audicity recorder Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 pm

They are playing right now!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 pm

just tuned in.is it a normal concert or something special?because there were handclappings after the last song,so it doesn't really sound like a simple studio session...
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Chris wrote:
just tuned in.is it a normal concert or something special?because there were handclappings after the last song,so it doesn't really sound like a simple studio session...

It's somethings special. It's recorded in a studiocomplex in Amsterdam called Desmet Studio's. It was possible to be there but you'd have to sign in on a limited guestlist on the website of the radio station.
I have it recorded. I will post it soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:55 pm

ok,thanks for the information and for sharing it later.
you know if it was it just the two songs earlier or will there be more soon?

cheers,mate!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Chris wrote:
ok,thanks for the information and for sharing it later.
you know if it was it just the two songs earlier or will there be more soon?

cheers,mate!

Only the three songs. They played Great Expectations, Old White Lincoln and The '59 Sound. They sounded great. Also the introduction was quite humorous with Brian responding to the Bruce Springsteen comparison. Very Happy Also apparently it's Alex L's birthday today.

It's kind of a miracle I discovered this like round 10 PM while the playing started 10:30 and managed to record it. Never done that before, but it's quite easy.

Here it is! Very Happy
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5c02d64b1907fe2aed24a2875c7fa58ee04e75f6e8ebb871
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Thanks!

For people downloading, the link above my post isn't divided into 3 songs, it's a roughly 11 minute single file.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:34 am

cool, thanks! always great to see some new stuff
Back to top Go down
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:05 am

Here`s the 3 songs as separate tracks, normalized and tagged correctly:
http://rapidshare.com/files/203136527/The_Gaslight_Anthem-Live_On_3FM_Radio_26_February_2009.rar

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Frenzal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:20 pm

thanx for the uploading!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:22 am

wicked cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Frenzal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 pm

On youtube there is pretty good vid of Miles Davis & the cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXwZ6P9GqNE
Back to top Go down
dmcraig

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:59 pm

the entire show might be up here, just noticed a link but i didnt listen
Back to top Go down
dmcraig

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:01 pm

url for the link

""
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:36 am

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/tv/#/41129552/41571567/1

Yeah it's there in a video in great quality. They also play great. What a difference with that Moshcam recording
They play (not in order):
Great Expectations
Old White Lincoln
High Lonesome
The '59 Sound
Miles Davis
We Came To Dance
Here's Looking At You Kid
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:55 am

if only they played 1930...
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:24 pm

e6c wrote:
if only they played 1930...

Yeah, more Sink or Swim plz.
But they have to promote the '59 Soun I guess
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:28 pm

they are tired of playing the same songs over and over again....benny told me they play 1930 not that often because they played it 500 times straight or so
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:45 am

vamike wrote:
they are tired of playing the same songs over and over again....benny told me they play 1930 not that often because they played it 500 times straight or so

That's true ofcourse

allthough I play that song (on stereo and guitar) 500 times and never get tired of it Razz
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:46 am

Prisoner wrote:

Yeah it's there in a video in great quality. They also play great. What a difference with that Moshcam recording
Great Expectations
Old White Lincoln
High Lonesome
The '59 Sound
Miles Davis
We Came To Dance

can someone rip the video? I tried every method I know but failed. can't get the url of the video....maybe someone of you guys has more luck
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:37 pm

I can't even watch it. it always stops at the end of old white lincoln...
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:01 pm

vamike wrote:
Prisoner wrote:

Great Expectations
Old White Lincoln
High Lonesome
The '59 Sound
Miles Davis
We Came To Dance

can someone rip the video? I tried every method I know but failed. can't get the url of the video....maybe someone of you guys has more luck

I'm on it. It'll take some time though. I am just ripping the mp3's and I'll post them ASAP. If this is done this will be the greatest Gaslight bootleg till now.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:41 pm

I have so many TGA bootlegs that I had not even listened to this one... is it really that good? I am anxious
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:29 pm

e6c wrote:
I have so many TGA bootlegs that I had not even listened to this one... is it really that good? I am anxious

Yes, to me it sounds really that great. Even better than the '59 Sound album. I will have this up soon in cut mp3's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance   The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem - 3FM radio appearance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next