DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Sleepwalkers' vinyl

Go down 
+8
moodydan
cowgirlwiththeblues
enola
bobbyjames
brucesboots
sinkorswimmydear
Shrewsbury_Stars
steady now steady now
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 3:28 pm

vamike wrote:
any of you guys got multible copies of the red version? I'd be interested in it if you want to get rid of one (EU preferred)

I think I will have, but will have to wait for the second one to arrive to confirm, which I suspect will be three weeks or so. I’ll come back to you if I do. I’m in the U.K.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

cool! just write me when you know more, thx! (also, got some TGA/BF stuff to trade if you're interested)
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 6:35 am

I ordered the ‘regular’ LP from Banquet, but have received a double, which I already have on order from Green Hell. Does anyone know if the regular actually exists? I’m very confused now, there were four different pressings listed in various places, but it looks as though there might now only be two?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 am

I don't think a single LP version exists, it's just the double black and double red (indie version). Banquet are now showing the regular version as a double LP.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 10:23 am

I think you might be right. I’ve asked Banquet to confirm, because my order definitely says LP regular.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 2:34 pm

bobbyjames wrote:
I don't think a single LP version exists, it's just the double black and double red (indie version). Banquet are now showing the regular version as a double LP.

Would make sense from a pressing point of view, but should have been made clear. I certainly wasted some money here.

US and EU pressings are still likely to come from different plants and in different sleeves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Also, has anyone seen a "gatefold cover", as announced? Does the red version have one?
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 3:27 pm

The red one had a gatefold cover, and it’s lovely.

My worry is that if the red US/European pressings are the same then maybe the black will be as well, and I’ll end up with three of them!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:52 pm

So far I've received the Red version from Banquet (in a gatefold sleeve) and also the black version from Germany with the bonus 7" (which is 2LPs in a single jacket).
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 pm

I’ve done a bit of detective work on this (just call me Watson!) and it looks as though there are two separate black pressings, as the US one seems to have a different matrix number to the one that I have (from Germany). I haven’t opened the one from Banquet because it looks to be identical to the other one - at least on the sleeve. So it looks as though there are three separate pressings (plus the 7”) rather than the five that it originally seemed there would be.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 8:05 am

OK, slight rant time. I really like the Sleepwalkers hoodie, but it says clearly that it is part of a package with a download of the record, but that download is only available in the US. So I emailed them to ask if there is a separate package for customers outside the US that doesn’t charge for the download.

The response I got was that there isn’t actually any extra cost to the hoodie for the inclusion of the download; the download is complementary. So if you buy a hoodie, you get a free digital version of the record, but if you buy the actual record and have already paid for the music, you still have to pay extra!!!

I honestly have no understanding of how people with so little understanding of customer service are able to stay in business.

/rant over

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
pjpitt89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 pm

From the US stand point, I just received my delux bundle of Sleepwalkers yesterday. The poster is much smaller than I imagined, and was just rolled and rubber banded so it has some damage but it isn't terrible.

The vinyl packaging is gatefold, double LP pressed on translucent red, 45 RPM. I listened to Sides A-C and was actually very happy with the sound. The packaging is HUGE. The left side of the gatefold holds the individual card print outs for each track (reminds me of Pearl Jam's No Code). I haven't put much time into figuring out which card is which track however, as they are not labeled.

The right side holds the 2 LPs. So it is basically equivalent to a 3-4 LP gatefold, and it doesn't fit in any of my sleeves Mad even my extra large that fit EVERYTHING.

No download card or download link offered from the store which is a HUGE BUMMER. But overall, the vinyl is very nice.
Back to top Go down
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 8:25 pm

I got my replacement standard US album last weekend, this time around neither of the LPs were warped, so that's good news!  For some reason they play terribly slow, though...

Seriously though, it's a really good record, has struck a much greater chord with me than Get Hurt or Painkillers (although they both certainly had their bright spots).  As far as the pressing goes, it's not the quietest I've ever heard, but the noise floor isn't too present.  I didn't get any of the special packages, but I'm pretty happy with this "standard" version as it is.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 11:50 pm

The deluxe version sleeve is so big and delicate that it really annoys me. Why is it like that?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 9:08 am

So my US bundle finally arrived in the UK a few days ago.

I wrote to them as follows:

"... the ‘standard vinyl’ turns out to be a double vinyl, the European pressing of which I already have and which was sold in the EU as a double LP. The deluxe vinyl is a double, as expected and as advertised, so that’s fine. Please arrange for a free return and full refund (incl. a proportion of the shipping costs) for the ‘standard vinyl’."

Their reply:

"Thanks for reaching out to us. You may return your package as long as it has not been washed, worn, or damaged. If you can confirm these requirements, you may send your package back to us for a refund at the following address: ..."

scratch  Suspect  Mad

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 9:54 am

You don't wash your records?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   'Sleepwalkers' vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Sleepwalkers' vinyl
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2