DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA/BF Wedding Song

Go down 
+6
Anya_TGA
crsmsi
Harbortown
cowgirlwiththeblues
jonnyz83
Asmith1912
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

TGA/BF Wedding Song Empty
PostSubject: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Hey y'all,

Last night I got engaged! And so now, as I can actually start considering wedding preparations without getting the sense I am tempting fate, I wanted to crowd source this question. If you were going to pick a Gaslight Anthem/Brian Fallon song to be your first wedding dance, what song would you choose? Obviously, there are some that are gorgeous songs that don't fit the occasion (Here's Looking At You Kid comes to mind) but I wanted to see what people came up with.

Alternatively, are there any other songs outside the TGA/BF canon but part of the general sound that you think would be good?

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 7:56 am

First dance was tough - I couldn't find a good fit. We my wife and I did use Casanova Baby for our cake cutting.
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 10:56 am

jonnyz83 wrote:
First dance was tough - I couldn't find a good fit. We my wife and I did use Casanova Baby for our cake cutting.

Yeah, I was thinking "Mae" might work? I am not sure...

Maybe enter the reception to "We Came to Dance"?
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Cherry Blossoms for me I think. Although I would never be seen dancing in public!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Also, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 am

My two best friends (one of whom is a HUGE Gaslight fan and introduced me to the band) got married a few years ago, and what they did for their wedding dance was a dance medley.

Honestly, once they started slow dancing (to an old KISS ballad I think) everyone was like "well god damn it am I gonna have to sit here and watch this for four minutes?" because it really is pretty boring. After some 15 seconds though, the song changed and they had prepared this five minute dance medley where every 15 seconds or so, the song would change and they'd do a different dance routine. It was hilarious, uplifting and way more fun than some boring slow dance.

Do what they did! They're terrible dancers but pulled it off well, so that shouldn't be a problem. It also gives you some more room to include a more uptempo Gaslight-song, like Casanova baby.

And, of course, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 10:55 am

Harbortown wrote:

Thanks!  I really like that idea actually, as I have seen the boredom of a 4 minute slow dance.

Cherry Blossoms is also a good idea... there is much to consider here!
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 4:11 pm

What about Old White Lincoln? Happy and danceable. And if the description of the girl in the song roughly fits your wife - even better.

And congratulations!!!
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 4:22 pm

crsmsi wrote:
What about Old White Lincoln? Happy and danceable. And if the description of the girl in the song roughly fits your wife - even better.

And congratulations!!!

Easily my favorite Gaslight Anthem song so it is a definite possibility... I hadn't really considered going up beat
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 5:47 pm

I'd also recommend Old White Lincoln!
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 1:20 am

Asmith1912 wrote:
I hadn't really considered going up beat

If you want it to be different, you might as well go all the way...  Very Happy

If you want to keep it slow, what about Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 5:25 am

Asmith1912 wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Thanks!  I really like that idea actually, as I have seen the boredom of a 4 minute slow dance.
I 100% recommend you do that.

OR, I just had an idea, you could start off with a slow dance, and then some 20 seconds in, BOOM, Old White Lincoln, at which point you invite everybody up to dance. That would be a way more fun approach for everybody I think.
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Jason Isbell - Cover Me Up would be a good fit, too...
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 5:03 pm

"Wonderful Life" would be my go-to, if I was ever going to get married, let alone dance at it.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

shiftynj wrote:
"Wonderful Life" would be my go-to.

Oh, that's a good idea, too! Clap
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 5:28 pm

funny that this topic has popped up! my fiance and I were going over our wedding songs today. We are trying to incorporate songs we love in genres we love, it has been tricky!

For a TGA/Brian song, we ended up picking Red Lights (The Brian Fallon version). We were going to go Wonderful Life but I feel like we both like Red Lights overall better.

For our first dance, we are doing Chuck Ragan Right As Rain. We are also having our musician/DJ play songs that we relate with each member of our weddings parties. Like, my friend Jeff and I have been to over 15 Deftones shows, so a Deftones song will be played at some point, and the same for the rest of the parties.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 9:30 am

We played Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts during dinner, since no one would really know it, but we wanted it played. We also got married in Sea Bright, so we definitely wanted 1 song by them played. We got up and danced to it and one other couple joined us. It was pretty special.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Blue Dahlia is a beautiful song that seems (to me) about meeting the person that's your counterpart. Obviously not a slow dance song, but something to maybe work into the mix during dinner.

Most importantly, focus on the songs that matter to you and your partner and speak to your relationship (even if they're not "romantic" in the traditional sense). It's your wedding. It should sound like your life.

On the first dance - find a song you like. Get ballroom dance lessons. Even simple things will blow people away. If you get 4 private lessons, you'll know more than 95% of the people in the room. A teacher will also show you exactly when to fade out the song, because you shouldn't dance for four minutes straight (two, two and a half tops).
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 11:36 am

Well... I think Brian read this post and wrote See you on the other side, because I am all good here lol

Seriously, how amazing is this track?!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Asmith1912 wrote:
Well... I think Brian read this post and wrote See you on the other side, because I am all good here lol

Seriously, how amazing is this track?!

Yup - he nailed it.

Frankly....it's a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA/BF Wedding Song   TGA/BF Wedding Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA/BF Wedding Song
Page 1 of 1