DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview Empty
PostSubject: New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview   New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 1:59 pm

About 45 minute-hour long discussion of wide ranging stuff, with a definite emphasis on british pop and obviously Oasis.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6106755-episode-19-brian-fallon-and-big-brother-is-back?t=0
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview   New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 10:13 pm

Asmith1912 wrote:
About 45 minute-hour long discussion of wide ranging stuff, with a definite emphasis on british pop and obviously Oasis.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6106755-episode-19-brian-fallon-and-big-brother-is-back?t=0

Enjoying this, thank you.

The political question was interesting and suggests to me that the guy hasn't spent a ton of time with Brian's lyrics. He implies that Brian follows in the Guthrie -> Dylan -> Billy Bragg tradition talking about social issues/ politics. Brian's answer kind of sidestepped that idea to me, but I don't really get the sense he's comfortable putting his politics or views out there. Curious what you and others think.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview   New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Yeah, I am with you on that. I think Brian has mentioned once or twice his reluctance to speak on political issues due to his own view that its like "who is this guy telling me about this or that." A humility that is rarely seen but also really refreshing. While we can all assume some things about his politics, it is sorta nice to have a space of the world that isnt constantly talking about how terrible/great/whatever our politicians/politics are.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview   New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 4:46 pm

He's generally pretty silent about anything that isn't directly to do with music I'd say. The occasional comment maybe, but it's certainly no something he seems keen putting out there, and I can't think of any examples in his music at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview   New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Brian Fallon Podcast Interview
Page 1 of 1