DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is it that appeals to you about the band?

Go down 
+3
Tiffany
Thunder Peel
howkflakegirl1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
howkflakegirl1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

What is it that appeals to you about the band? Empty
PostSubject: What is it that appeals to you about the band?   What is it that appeals to you about the band? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Odd question I know, but they have a very devoted following, so what is it that appeals so much to you?
I love all the references to classic cars and old music (I love motown and 50s stuff, as well as The Clash and punk etc) but for me it's deeper. There's something about the music that really makes me feel something. Sounds a bit silly, I know! The nostalgia is part of it, as are the love songs, but there's something so real to these songs for me. I went to university in York (U.K.) in 2012 when Handwritten came out and I was already a big fan, but for me, walking around that old, old city with those songs on meant something to me, and I also fell in love that year with someone at university, and I think I equated those songs with that and that wonderful city.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: What is it that appeals to you about the band?   What is it that appeals to you about the band? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Their music actually means something and is played with sincerity. That will always endear me to my favorites (U2, The Police, Elvis Costello, R.E.M., Counting Crows) and Gaslight is no exception.

There are many other reasons but that was the one that immediately stood out to me.
Back to top Go down
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: What is it that appeals to you about the band?   What is it that appeals to you about the band? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:22 pm

I would have to say it's the quality of the songwriting for me. I find myself looking back at songs and bands that I listened to when I was a teenager and realizing how awful some of the lyrics are.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: What is it that appeals to you about the band?   What is it that appeals to you about the band? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 6:47 pm

for me its also about the songwriting..I used to change from one band to another til I discovered Gaslight, since the first time I heard a song of them, I never stopped listening to them and thats now more then 3 years ago and they are still my favorite band
Back to top Go down
zombietime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
zombietime

PostSubject: Re: What is it that appeals to you about the band?   What is it that appeals to you about the band? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 9:34 pm

i love that their songs are so simplistic, yet they are complex and evoke so many different emotions.
Back to top Go down
iamthekrisi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What is it that appeals to you about the band?   What is it that appeals to you about the band? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 8:25 am

For me it's the lyrics most of all. Every song tells a story and paints a picture for me. So I don't just listen to it, it gets my mind working and thinking. In a way I'm taken away to another world Smile A lot of the songs are very relatable to on a personal level as well, I think.
Back to top Go down
jac185
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What is it that appeals to you about the band?   What is it that appeals to you about the band? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 am

I guess the energy and the stories within the lyrics. They just fit in with the way I view things so well. If I try to unpick it I can't really identify individual factors like I can with other bands. Gaslight just feel like they were meant for me somehow.

When it's sunny and I'm in a good mood walking down the street nothing suits me like a Gaslight song, and when I'm feeling down and not sure what to do Gaslight always matches that too. They just somehow sync up with my personality. Certain bands just slot into your life perfectly and Gaslight did that for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is it that appeals to you about the band?   What is it that appeals to you about the band? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is it that appeals to you about the band?
Page 1 of 1