DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+22
crsmsi
Camus
Jaws
shiftynj
cowgirlwiththeblues
SarahSarahSarah
33RPMHero
Jack
The_River
jonnyz83
Paddy
HorribleCrowe
Rose1991
TGAFAN25
JimmyB
Anya_TGA
rumham
pleasepassthesoup
loazis
zerb012345
steph
Harbortown
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 10:08 pm

jonnyz83 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Well, my cat was killed by a car on Sunday. Crying or Very sad
As a fellow pet lover, I'm very sad to hear that. Stay strong - remember the good times. Hug

Best way to honor a deceased pet is to share photos, videos and stories of them. Got any photos? What's your favorite story about him/her?
He looked like the dragon toothless from "how to train your dragon" right down to green eyes. So sweet and loving. He would chew on me purring after I would scratch either side of him and quickly move my hand to either side and let him catch my hand. He didn't like to be away from me- he'd always cry outside any door in his rusty barely there new until he saw me again
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 12:36 pm

JimmyB wrote:
He looked like the dragon toothless from "how to train your dragon" right down to green eyes.  So sweet and loving. He would chew on me purring after I would scratch either side of him and quickly move my hand to either side and let him catch my hand.   He didn't like to be away from me- he'd always cry outside any door in his rusty barely there new until he saw me again

Sounds like he was a great cat. Thanks for sharing, Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Today is a good day. I'm songwriting again.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 4:38 am

Why do lonely old dudes have to resort to being such pathetic creeps all the time???

I'm working at a grocery store right now and it's a pretty good gig... easy, not-so-bad work, and the money's quite decent. I've been on register for about 5 shifts now, and the other night they put me on the express lane. Working express at night is always a magnet for weirdos, plus you have to get people cigarettes, which isn't hard, but it does attract certain "types", so frankly I'd rather be dealing with the impatient soccer moms who have $300 orders. But whatever, work is work.

So this guy comes up to me the other night and he's like, 45-50, maybe a little older, idk, and he asked for some cigarettes, and after I got them, he said, "You look very beautiful today," and I was like, "Aw, thanks!" and then he's like, "petite brunette with a great smile," and I just kinda laughed or whatever and rang him out and sent him on his way. His second comment was definitely a little weird, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and was just super polite and friendly as I always am, and figured that was the end of it. Moments later though, he came back, asked for one more product (some cheap ass cigars that were 5 for 99 cents) and after that he was gone for the night.

But then I was on express again today, and he came back... And he asked for some smokes, I rang him out, etc, and he says, "You look very pretty," and I just said, "Oh, thanks again," and finished the order. Then he came back with some cat nip and was like, "Oh, I just came through to talk to you again," and I'm like, "Uh huh..." and he was short about 7 cents for the cat nip and I was just like, "Don't worry about it; as long as you're close, I don't care," because I tend not to hassle people over pennies especially when they're being total creeps and I'm tired of dealing with them. So he said, "Oh, I'll get it from my dad" blah blah blah and I told him not to worry about it and he left.

So then this old white-haired dude came up and when I asked him for his Advantage (store club) card, he scratched his fucking face with it before handing it to me. So I grabbed it from the side that he was holding, and OF COURSE the asshole asks for paper in plastic, so I start his order and Mr. Creep Pants returns and is being pleasantly chummy with the cashier next to me (much older lady in her early 70's) and he says to me, "That's my dad," and I just said, "Cool..."

So I handed the dude his first bag and forgot to do paper in the second and he says, "Didn't I ask for paper in plastic?" and I was just like, "You sure did! I'm SO sorry about that!" so I rebagged the fucking shit and thankfully that was the last of them, at least for tonight.

And the sad part is, this doesn't even scratch the surface of the hoards of other pathetic dudes that treat grocery stores like fucking singles bars simply because the girls they're hitting on HAVE to be nice and they can't walk away. (Still, I guess it's better than that Halloween I worked at my last job where a guy came in and said he wanted me to dress up like his daughter he'd be my dad and he'd take me trick or treating.)

But yeah... people are creeps. Sorry for the rant.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 6:54 am

Damn. Fuck the patriarchy!
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:33 am

Where I live there is no paper, no plastic, you have to bring your own bag, and yo have to put your groceries inside your own bag. Nobody will do such a thing for you even if you beg for it or you're like 80 years old.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:35 pm

The_River wrote:
Where I live there is no paper, no plastic, you have to bring your own bag, and yo have to put your groceries inside your own bag. Nobody will do such a thing for you even if you beg for it or you're like 80 years old.

That's awesome. I wish it was the same here!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Oh do I have some horror stories from working in a grocery store.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 7:48 am

Have you had any suitors, Jimmy?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 4:44 pm

My band got nominated for 5 Asbury Music Awards so I'm pretty psyched about that. For those who don't know that's basically an NJ music awards scene that focuses on bands who are from/play in Asbury Park.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 8:25 pm

Jack wrote:
My band got nominated for 5 Asbury Music Awards so I'm pretty psyched about that. For those who don't know that's basically an NJ music awards scene that focuses on bands who are from/play in Asbury Park.

wow that's great... so congrats! hope you will win Smile
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 3:02 am

So Harbortown did an incredible cover of one of my songs and if we all chant loud enough maybe he'll post it online. HAR-BOR-TOWN! HAR-BOR-TOWN!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 7:42 am

What's up?!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 8:22 pm

just watched the new star wars movie...definitely better than episode I-III
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Dude the new Star Wars was fucking amazing. Though I gotta say I prefer ep 1-3 over 4-6 any day.

Hey 33RPM! How's it going?
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Dude the new Star Wars was fucking amazing. Though I gotta say I prefer ep 1-3 over 4-6 any day.

Episode 1-3... As in the phantom menace, attack of the clones, and revenge of the sith? please tell me you're kidding.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 1:34 am

Harbortown wrote:

Not bad John. Life sure has changed since I've been on here. I'm still proudly single since the last time I visited this place though! What about you?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:09 am

rumham wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Episode 1-3... As in the phantom menace, attack of the clones, and revenge of the sith?  please tell me you're kidding.
Not even a little bit.

4-6 might be more solid as far as storytelling is concerned but they're just so fucking boring. 1-3 are way more of a thrillride and are so much more exciting.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:10 am

33RPMHero wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Not bad John.  Life sure has changed since I've been on here.  I'm still proudly single since the last time I visited this place though! What about you?
Yeah same here, been through some ups and downs but I'm confident 2016 will be my year. I can feel it. I'm also single but I'm sort of enjoying it with casual encounters and whatnot, but I can't wait to meet that special someone too you know?

How's your life changed?
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:39 am

Harbortown wrote:
rumham wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Episode 1-3... As in the phantom menace, attack of the clones, and revenge of the sith?  please tell me you're kidding.
Not even a little bit.

4-6 might be more solid as far as storytelling is concerned but they're just so fucking boring. 1-3 are way more of a thrillride and are so much more exciting.

When you have a few hours, please watch these.

Phantom Menace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Attack of the Clones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Revenge of the Sith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcXyZn9xjg
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 9:09 am

Harbortown wrote:
rumham wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Not even a little bit.

That's a true coming out.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 11:24 am

Harbortown wrote:
rumham wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Not even a little bit.

Blasphemy. But yes, the new movie was awesome. I'm thinking 4 6 5 7 3 1 2 in terms of overall ranking.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 9:48 pm

rumham wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
rumham wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Not even a little bit.

When you have a few hours, please watch these.  

Phantom Menace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Attack of the Clones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Revenge of the Sith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcXyZn9xjg
I've seen those. From an objective viewpoint I guess I agree, but it doesn't matter. 4-6 bore the hell out of me (save for the Luke vs Vader duel in ep 6 which is kinda heartbreaking) and 1-3 just entertain me a whole lot more.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:42 pm

I hate those snarky internet reviews. I can form my own opinions. 1-3 are better than a lot of people give them credit for. But they're definitely not on the same level as 4-6. The story is fantastic, though. The music is amazing and certain moments still give me chills after seeing them a million times.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

Spam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:48 pm

Adventures in OKC:

Spam - Page 4 Whosbr10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content