DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkillers (vinyl)

Go down 
+29
mvw
onbackstreetsinbackseats
FrankTheTank
funsaimandignite
TheEmptyBones
Brother Beck
outerheaven
ivienco
HorribleCrowe
Roe
bt211
LaVidaLoca
stephendgaf
Keele
jc198
jonnyz83
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jaws
mja271
Veon
miked331
sickgirlesther
ifieverstray
enola
Anya_TGA
cowgirlwiththeblues
steady now steady now
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
funsaimandignite
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 9:01 am

When you click on another part of the songs the audio clip changes as well. This way you can pretty much hear the whole song.
Back to top Go down
Brother Beck
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Brother Beck

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 12:10 pm

Wow. I am completely in love with this version of The Blues, Mary. It sounds absolutely incredible. I have to get my hands on this song somehow.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Wow, I guess Digging in the Dirt did end up being that Peter Gabriel cover.

Really love the new TB,M. So happy he kept the Amazing Grace bit at the end.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 6:46 pm

wow awesome!!! love both songs!
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 12:57 am

Anya_TGA wrote:

Have you heard the full versions now?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Keele wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

Have you heard the full versions now?

no, just a part of it..but of what I heard I like it!
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 8:45 pm

Just a quick update for everyone who may have ordered from the "Brian Fallon Store". My order is for the box set and signed album poster. I inquired over the weekend on the expected ship date and received the following answer today:
We regret that the 18x24" Signed Album Poster you requested is currently delayed from the manufacturer at this time. The demand for this item has been greater than anticipated and we will ship your merchandise out as soon as we receive stock. We are awaiting shipment from the manufacturer in next 1 - 4 weeks. You will receive an itemized email confirmation when your order ships.
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Thanks for posting the update. I noticed a bunch of places have it listed as "back-ordered" already. Kinda disappointed to see some dude selling copies on ebay already but what can you do
Back to top Go down
FrankTheTank
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FrankTheTank

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 12:51 am

I'd love to hear those tracks the album covers love awesome!
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:21 am

OMG I LOVE DIGGING IN THE DIRT
I can barely believe he can sound like this hahahhh I am not used to hearing him make rock hahahhh man I love The Blues, Mary so so so much
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 7:29 pm

I also asked when the boxset will be shipped and they told me that I will get a notification on the 31st of May...so fingercrossed for that
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 4:13 pm

Just had an email saying mine has shipped. Yay!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:14 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Just had an email saying mine has shipped.  Yay!

mine too!!!
Back to top Go down
FrankTheTank
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FrankTheTank

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 12:25 am

The tracks were OK, I like the original TBM and the crossroads version better and diggin in the dirt showed off Brian's vocals but there are way better songs to cover. I would have liked a studio version of Lost in the Supermarket or Astro Zombies. The You Got Lucky cover on handwritten was as good if not better than the origanal! I was just hoping for the songs to be on that level. Also he should have recorded all the bonus tracks with painkillers. They aren't anywhere close to the same quality. All the bonus songs are good my expectations are just sky high after all the great tracks over the years.

Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 7:56 am

I'm still looking to hear full versions The Blues, Mary and Diggining in the Dirt.

I wanna hear Brian do something like the itunes session where he does covers. As I said, that live version of Atlantic City, NOFX Linoleum, definitely Lostin The Supermarket and I Walk With A Zombie, and there are a few others. I'd be cool to get some of these done right.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 7:49 pm

bt211 wrote:
Just a quick update for everyone who may have ordered from the "Brian Fallon Store". My order is for the box set and signed album poster. I inquired over the weekend on the expected ship date and received the following answer today:
We regret that the 18x24" Signed Album Poster you requested is currently delayed from the manufacturer at this time. The demand for this item has been greater than anticipated and we will ship your merchandise out as soon as we receive stock. We are awaiting shipment from the manufacturer in next 1 - 4 weeks. You will receive an itemized email confirmation when your order ships.

Received my box set today Very Happy ! The poster will probably ship separately later.
Back to top Go down
jc198
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Anyone in the UK had any idea about this? I was getting kinda excited but my order still says that it will be shipped 30th June.. Aaaages.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 6:57 pm

jc198 wrote:
Anyone in the UK had any idea about this? I was getting kinda excited but my order still says that it will be shipped 30th June.. Aaaages.

maybe try to ask when they will ship it...I ordered mine from the US store..and it was already shipped..it will take around 8 to 24 business days...so I guess it will arrive at the end of the month or so
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 9:49 pm

The bonus tracks are incredible.

The Blues, Mary is one of the best songs he ever wrote. Glad to have an official version.

Digging the Dirt is AMAZING

Last edited by miked331 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:15 am

miked331 wrote:
The bonus tracks are incredible.

The Blues, Mary is one of the best songs be ever write. Glad to have an official version.

Digging the Dirt is AMAZING
Gaaaaaaa!!! I'm so jealous.

Anyone think these tracks will be released digitally at some point?? I mean, Brian wouldn't have recorded them just to have them owned by a few thousand people with record players, right?

Give me hope!! I'm going crazy!! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
jc198
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 3:35 pm

I'm not saying you should go out and buy a record player just to hear the bonus tracks..

But honestly if you can you should go out and get one. Brian's voice sounds even better on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Does anybody know if the Painkillers box set that is available in records stores come with a download code?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 6:29 pm

onbackstreetsinbackseats wrote:
Does anybody know if the Painkillers box set that is available in records stores come with a download code?

I doubt it...because the boxset from the store dont have any download links so I dont think that those in record stores will contain any...but I might be wrong
Back to top Go down
mvw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Still looking for "Digging In The Dirt".

https://youtu.be/58R_ZMCgEh4
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 6:55 pm

I will wait till I get my boxset..it will be tough but I have to resist...I already heard a part of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkillers (vinyl)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next