DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkillers (vinyl)

Go down 
+29
mvw
onbackstreetsinbackseats
FrankTheTank
funsaimandignite
TheEmptyBones
Brother Beck
outerheaven
ivienco
HorribleCrowe
Roe
bt211
LaVidaLoca
stephendgaf
Keele
jc198
jonnyz83
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jaws
mja271
Veon
miked331
sickgirlesther
ifieverstray
enola
Anya_TGA
cowgirlwiththeblues
steady now steady now
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 6:22 pm

bt211 wrote:
I ordered one of the boxsets. When I checked my order, it says, "Processing". Maybe I'll wait another week and then inquire on the status.

mine also says 'processing'
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Roe wrote:
SRC Vinyl has it listed as a pre-order with the release date as May 13th

oh ok, thanks for the information...so I will check my order again on May 13th...

Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Im hoping this comes in May, ridiculous that it couldn't be sent when the album was released.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 9:26 pm

There's a lot that goes into this. You've got 7 test pressings that need to be approved plus all the little extras in there. Sleeves and covers for each one, the box itself, the book, etc. Plus the sound of this on a 45 should be phenomenal. I was more interested in hearing the album this way than I am about the bonus tracks although that's a nice bonus.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 3:11 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Im hoping this comes in May, ridiculous that it couldn't be sent when the album was released.

I've been very critical of Brian/TGA management decisions and handling of things in the past but not on this one. The demand for vinyl vastly outweighs the capacity to produce it, and when you're not a household name it can be difficult to get things through in the time that you want. As mentioned above, it's a process and I've noticed more and more bands having their vinyl drop a month of two after the album comes out. At least in this case we still got the normal LP on the street date.
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 1:13 am

Some of just wish the deluxe version with b-sides has also already come out digitally.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 6:34 pm

the two extra songs on the boxset will only be available on the physical LP... in other words no download link for those songs
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:29 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
the two extra songs on the boxset will only be available on the physical LP... in other words no download link for those songs
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mad

How will those without record players get the new version of The Blues, Mary? C'mon, Brian. Not cool!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 6:23 pm

jonnyz83 wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

How will those without record players get the new version of The Blues, Mary? C'mon, Brian. Not cool!

unfortunately yeah, they comfirmed it per email..and I won't blame Brian for it..I don't think that he decides stuff like that, it's more his record label
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 5:19 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
jonnyz83 wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

unfortunately yeah, they comfirmed it per email..and I won't blame Brian for it..I don't think that he decides stuff like that, it's more his record label

pretty sure someone has a LP-player with a usb, and therefore it will surface on the illegal internet.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 11:30 am

Obviously would like to have a high quality digital copy of the Georgia EP and the bonus tracks, but good vinyl rips will do
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 11:48 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
jonnyz83 wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

pretty sure someone has a LP-player with a usb, and therefore it will surface on the illegal internet.

Honestly yeah, he probably just says "okay, here's the album, and here are the bonus tracks for you to use" and figures they'll end up on an itunes deluxe version or like on the best buy only version of the CD. I doubt he expected them to go on the most expensive vinyl package they're putting out Wink

And yeah I have faith it will surface illegally on the internet as well.  I mean there were no digital versions of Georgia and that surfaced in less than 24hours I believe.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 6:25 pm

I am pretty sure it will surface on the internet
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 10:44 am

Looks like the box sets are shipping. Someone posted photos on vinyl collective of all the 7"s

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/117609-brian-fallon-painkillers-march-11th/?page=3
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Ooh, looks good! Really wishing I'd waited and bought from the European store now, I'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks for it to get here. The word 'exclusive' confused me!
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 1:03 pm

all the chat about the bonus tracks got me thinking, whatever happened to that "exclusive track" we were promised in Brian's Spotify playlist?!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 6:41 pm

mine still says processing...
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 7:23 am

A digital EP with all 5 bonus tracks and maybe a recording of a cover of like Atlantic City or two would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
outerheaven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Wouldn't mind hearing the new Blues Mary asap, but fuck paying so much for one, or six i guess, record. Costs almost as much as my Springsteen ticket.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Definitely anxious to hear The Blues, Mary. I have a feeling that Digging in the Dirt may actually be a Peter Gabriel cover. Brian tweeted about listening to that song not long before recording Painkillers. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Brother Beck
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Brother Beck

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 9:57 pm

A couple of days ago I found short audio samples of all 14 songs on the 7" vinyl version, including The Blues, Mary and Digging In The Dirt, on a webstore I believe based out of the UK, Juno something or other...  I can't seem to find it again now though, but Digging In The Dirt is definitely a Peter Gabriel cover. Also, its pretty heavy and intense compared to the rest of these songs, at least in the short sample I heard.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 6:00 am

Ooh, interesting, love that song! Apparently mine is about to be dispatched, so I guess those of you that live the right side of the pond should have them shortly.
Back to top Go down
TheEmptyBones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheEmptyBones

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 7:53 am

Sound clips

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/brian-fallon-painkillers/609404-01/
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 8:22 am

Wow, those are really long! Key changes are always cool, and I've probably said this before but I'll just be glad to have a version that doesn't sound like it was recorded in the downstairs loo.

Digging In The Dirt sounds great, definitely a departure from the rest of the record, but then that's kind of what bonus tracks are for IMO.

Can't wait till it arrives now!
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 8:32 am

So great to hear these clips. Looking forward to hearing the full songs and makes me want more new music from Gaslight or Brian already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkillers (vinyl)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next