DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nobody Wins lyrics

Go down 
+5
Vibes
Asmith1912
The_River
kjakm
StateOfMind
9 posters
AuthorMessage
StateOfMind
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Let's start getting these down together hey? Smile
If no one beats me to it I can put up nobody wins after work tonight!
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 7:45 am

This is what I got from 'Nobody Wins'. Let me know if there's anything you think I got wrong and I can edit it. I also took a stab at the chords.

Verse: G, F#, Em, D (x3) C, D
Chorus: G, Em, C, D
Bridge: Em, C, G, D

NB: The final chord in the verse doesn't sound right unless you get the picking pattern correct. Roughly make the chords octave shape on the A and G strings, leaving the D string open, and pick a variation on those three notes.

e.g.

G--12---12---11---11------
D------0----------0---------
A--10---------9-------------
E----------------------------

Skin and bones, you never did come home,
Crashing on my heart through the telephone,
I remember the tall grass waving,
In past lives, old poems.

I must have lived a lifetime without you,
You must’ve ended up somebody’s angel,
I remember you loving the radio.
New waves, and old stones.

Hey, hey little Tommy gun,
I guess we’re never gonna end up the lucky ones.
(Oh) If I never see you again,
Have a round on me love, hallelujah, nobody wins.

The queen is gone, she died from a sad song,
I lost most of myself pleasing everyone,
I had to learn how to begin again,
It’s alright, move on.

Hey, hey little Tommy gun,
(Oh) If I never see you again,

(Hallelujah) But have a round on your friend.
(Hallelujah) If I never see you again.
(Hallelujah) Have a round on your friend.

And hey, hey little Tommy gun,
And (Oh) if I never see you again,
Have a round on me love, hallelujah.
And hey, hey pretty baby,
I still remember you driving me crazy.
And (Oh) if I never see you again,

(Hallelujah) And nobody wins.
(Hallelujah) And nobody wins.
(Hallelujah) If I never see you again,
(Hallelujah) You can blame it on the wind.

Last edited by kjakm on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixes)
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 8:00 am

This is sooooooooooooo good!
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:02 am

Loving the radio (not rubbing the radio)

(Oh) If I never see you again (not hope I never see you again) - though i am less sure about this one
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:20 am

Asmith1912 wrote:
Loving the radio (not rubbing the radio)

(Oh) If I never see you again (not hope I never see you again) - though i am less sure about this one

Thanks, I thought 'rubbing' sounded weird! I've changed it as your's makes much more sense but I still hear a 'b' sound in the middle of that word. I've gone back and forth on "Hope/If I never see you again". I'll see what other people think before changing it because it's a pretty important line.
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:45 am

kjakm wrote:

Thanks, I thought 'rubbing' sounded weird! I've changed it as your's makes much more sense but I still hear a 'b' sound in the middle of that word. I've gone back and forth on "Hope/If I never see you again". I'll see what other people think before changing it because it's a pretty important line.

I think it is just the way it sounds with the v and b sounds being the same in a linguistic sense (I took a class about it in college... although i didn't get a great grade!)

I agree, it's hard to tell
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 3:51 pm

I think it's "Tommy Gunn," lead singer of Communication Redlight from NJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Vibes wrote:

I doubt it. The song is about a girl, so "tommy gun" (actually "Tommy gun") makes sense if he thinks of her as spitting bullets. If it's about his friend, the song makes little sense. In an case, Brian has used 'Tommy gun' before without refering to his friend, in 'Boxer': "Tucked just like a Tommy gun."
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 6:07 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Vibes wrote:

I doubt it. The song is about a girl, so "tommy gun" (actually "Tommy gun") makes sense if he thinks of her as spitting bullets. If it's about his friend, the song makes little sense. In an case, Brian has used 'Tommy gun' before without refering to his friend, in 'Boxer': "Tucked just like a Tommy gun."

I agree. Although I always thought the Boxer line was 'talked just like a Tommy gun' as in spoke fast and repetitively. Just looked up the lyrics though and you're right.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 8:21 pm

love the song...thanks for the lyrics again..great work!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 5:33 pm

kjakm wrote:
Vibes wrote:

I agree. Although I always thought the Boxer line was 'talked just like a Tommy gun' as in spoke fast and repetitively.  Just looked up the lyrics though and you're right.

Fair, just caught my ear as a possible reference
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Vibes wrote:
kjakm wrote:
Vibes wrote:

I agree. Although I always thought the Boxer line was 'talked just like a Tommy gun' as in spoke fast and repetitively.  Just looked up the lyrics though and you're right.

With the self-destructive, skin-and-bones girl, this song reminded me of Against Me!. There is also the new wave reference. Maybe that explains the Tommy gun - the girl liked Against Me! and Tom Gabel, and that's how she got the nickname.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Cowboys wrote:
Vibes wrote:
kjakm wrote:
Vibes wrote:

With the self-destructive, skin-and-bones girl, this song reminded me of Against Me!. There is also the new wave reference. Maybe that explains the Tommy gun - the girl liked Against Me! and Tom Gabel, and that's how she got the nickname.

Both interpretations are strong possibilities. I'm guessing we're going to have to wait for the lyric sheets that come with the record to get to the bottom of this one Smile
Back to top Go down
Mae
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mae

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 6:21 am

'The queen is gone, she died from a sad song,
It’s alright, move on.'

This is perhaps the biggest lesson i've ever learned and I learned it recently. I wish I learned it without all the hurt however that's not how it works. You just have to look at it all positively and grow as a person!
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:38 pm

xoxomae wrote:
'The queen is gone, she died from a sad song,
It’s alright, move on.'

This is perhaps the biggest lesson i've ever learned and I learned it recently. I wish I learned it without all the hurt however that's not how it works. You just have to look at it all positively and grow as a person!

I hear you. That's the lesson of maybe a decade of my life. Hearing it summed up so perfectly in the song was the final nudge to help me be at peace with some things completely. Before, I still used to dwell on them occassionally, but with that song it was like, "Yeah, it's alright. Move on." I hope it can do the same for you.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 7:01 pm

these lyrics are so deep...I can classify them in so many different situations in my life..especially the lines: it's alright, move on....it is ok whatever have happened or whatever youve done...you have to move on, because life goes on and so should you...hmm...new tattoo idea? who knows? maybe one day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nobody Wins lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody Wins lyrics   Nobody Wins lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nobody Wins lyrics
Page 1 of 1