DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.

Go down 
+7
riversedge
LaVidaLoca
TrueBeliever
Anya_TGA
cowgirlwiththeblues
The_River
chrischarmingman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
chrischarmingman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Empty
PostSubject: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 12:42 am

I put the This Charming Man Demo up on youtube if anyone wants to listen. These were the finished versions of the songs. I also have demos of the demo if anyone wants to hear those as well. I just found these in an old cd book. Im new to this forum so if i've done anything wrong in this post please go easy on me.
Track 1 - youtube.com/watch?v=Wyq0u02DSbk This is the original version of 1930 or Titanic as we called it.

Track 2 - youtube.com/watch?v=E1AiSDugVRU I can't remember the name of this one hahahah as sad as that is. My good friend is coming over tomorrow night. Between the two of us we should be able to put it together.

Track 3 - youtube.com/watch?v=2oszcPNb9g4 This is the original version of Kiss me I'm a pirate, which also appeared on the Every Little Secret.... EP. i personally like this version a lot better.

Track 4 - youtube.com/watch?v=o7DkahJ48kk This is the last track which i cannot remember the name to as well. There are guest vocals at the end of this song done by my girlfriend at the time. Her name is emily hochman. She actually want on to do backing vocals for Sleigh Bells and other various artists.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 7:55 am

Great post. 11 years ago now. Wow. Crazy to think that it's the same guy singing that will release a solo album for island.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Thanks for that...I'm a (strictly amateur) sound engineer, so it's always fascinating to hear how things evolve through different recording sessions. Would be fascinated to hear the even earlier versions as well!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 7:19 pm

oh wow..that's amazing! thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
chrischarmingman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:42 am

I'll put the first version of the demo up tomorrow. Personally i think the quality on this demo was so much better then the EP. But i didn't get to choose where we did the EP unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
TrueBeliever
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks so much for posting these! I've been searching for digital versions of these forever!
Back to top Go down
LaVidaLoca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Great! Thank you so much! In a few days I'll get the vinyl! Im very excited! Smile
Back to top Go down
chrischarmingman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 7:26 pm

if anyone wants the mp3 versions just leave a message on here and i can email them to you. thanks for listening everyone.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 pm

I want the mp3 version of it Smile
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 8:18 pm

I'd love the MP3 versions too, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Sweet Delta Blues is actually one of my favourite ever BF authored tracks, would hope to see if revived like Blues, Mary.
Back to top Go down
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:07 am

in for the mp3s as well, thanks!
Back to top Go down
chrischarmingman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 2:45 am

megafileupload.com/qSi0/01_Titanic.mp3
megafileupload.com/qSi1/02_Track_02.mp3
megafileupload.com/qSi2/03_Pirates.mp3
megafileupload.com/qSi3/04_Track_04.mp3
ok you guys should be able to download all the files there. if there are any problems let me know. Glad you guys are enjoying the songs!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 11:19 am

Thank you so much for doing that, it's really good of you.

And I have to say, not remembering the titles of your own songs is a definite sign of a well misspent youth! Smile
Back to top Go down
Adam_And_The_Zombies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Adam_And_The_Zombies

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Awesome man, thanks very much for sharing! I don't think I'll ever get tired of the original version of 1930
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 8:03 pm

Anyone know the Track 2 and Track 4 real names?
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 10:36 am

I tried to download it, but it says "File has been removed due to inactivity"!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.    This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Charming Man Demo up on youtube.
Page 1 of 1