DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you use ear plugs at shows?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
janoSK
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
janoSK

Do you use ear plugs at shows? Empty
PostSubject: Do you use ear plugs at shows?   Do you use ear plugs at shows? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 10:15 am

Hi everyone,

Everytime I leave some show, I hear whistling in my ears, sometimes it takes days before I can hear properly. Last time it took almost a week to get my hearing back (it was AC/DC show in Austria this May and it was really loud Twisted Evil ). I guess I´m not only one with this problem. Do you use ear plugs and if yes, what are your experiences with different brands? I´m thinking about buying Alpine Music Safe ear plugs. I don´t want to use industrial ear plugs or cotton stuffed inside my ears because it ruins the sound.

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Do you use ear plugs at shows?   Do you use ear plugs at shows? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 11:38 am

Well jesus dude, of course. Gotta wear earplugs, that's like music 101. Ears are sensitive. I just wear whatever I can get a hold of, really. I'm not very responsible with my belongings so if I had proper ear plugs I'd just lose them anyway.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Do you use ear plugs at shows?   Do you use ear plugs at shows? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 3:27 pm

I wouldn't recommend the foam ones that you use to sleep in, they completely ruin the sound. But you can get some with a fairly flat frequency response for about £15 that don't ruin it too badly. I only use them myself if my ears are causing me a problem (I seem to get pain at the time rather than tinnitus later) but I have a lot of friends, especially musicians, who swear by them.

Tinnitus will only get worse as you get older, and prevention is much better than cure.
Back to top Go down
janoSK
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
janoSK

PostSubject: Re: Do you use ear plugs at shows?   Do you use ear plugs at shows? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanks for responses, I ordered Alpine MusicSafe Pro ear plugs which have quite good reviews. It´s set with 3 different exchangable filters for different levels of protection. I should recieve it tomorrow and I will try them during weekend. I will write my review then. Laughing
Back to top Go down
McPhist0
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Do you use ear plugs at shows?   Do you use ear plugs at shows? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 9:10 am

I've never used earplugs before, but sometimes I wish I did. A couple of months ago at a U2 concert there was some kind of simulated car bomb during the show and it was loud. Hurt my ears and after that I had this beep for like a whole week. That was the only time it lasted longer than 1-2 days.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Do you use ear plugs at shows?   Do you use ear plugs at shows? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 6:51 pm

I don't know how so many people can go to shows without ear plugs of some kind. I can MAYBE get away with it at an out door show, but most of the time it's just unpleasant. Plus I want to still be able to hear when I'm 50.

Like Harbortown though I would either lose them or forget to bring them to shows so I just use tissue/paper towels whatever and it works perfectly. I've never tried cotton. Wouldn't that come apart too easily?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you use ear plugs at shows?   Do you use ear plugs at shows? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you use ear plugs at shows?
Page 1 of 1