DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]

Go down 
+59
funsaimandignite
TooMuchGaslight
dmwhalen
bt211
pleasepassthesoup
whiskeytab
Prisoner
CasanovaBaby90
HorribleCrowe
RobertODonnell
DeathoftheCool
Boy From Little Eden
Roe
eagles1139
NotLikeWeBleed
ivienco
kuruptlon
Christophe
CapedAvenger
janoSK
GibsonFF19
LaVidaLoca
sickgirlesther
kjakm
cdala
SirBrad
thebends
dustinpardue
mja271
Keele
JacksSmirkingRevenge
SashaV
Asmith1912
Jerseyrain
rumham
riversedge
turnitin2004
brunswick18
enola
StateOfMind
jonnyz83
macci
loazis
brianisbae
mingus
miked331
ProMayhem
steady now steady now
cowgirlwiththeblues
The_River
Anya_TGA
moosicmaniac
cmigs
StitchesOnTheRadio
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Jack
Jaws
cms35
Shrewsbury_Stars
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:22 pm

So the preorder is up and I have no idea what's going on. What is that seven 7" LPs boxset?!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:22 pm

pre-orders up

http://brianfallon.shop.musictoday.com/page/BrianFallon

personally I am not pre-ordering the vinyl or CD since I'll just be able to pick it up in the store. The poster/shirt isn't intriguing.

However, the 7" box is an interesting piece, although very expensive ($67 shipped) just to get 2 bonus tracks. I mean who is going to flip seven 7" records to listen to an album? It's more a collectible than anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:24 pm

cdala wrote:
So the preorder is up and I have no idea what's going on. What is that seven 7" LPs boxset?!

the 14 tracks are split up on seven 7" records. Listening to an album that way might be enough to institutionalize a person. you get the 20 page book and 2 bonus tracks and a nifty box for your shelf.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:27 pm

The little teaser of Nobody Wins is torture. I hope it means that a single of it will be out in a few days and there not just leaving us with a 1 min sample.

The box set idea is interesting. It'll be kind of cool if each single has it's own unique artwork and not just some simple variation.

Edit: Just looked at the most expensive bundle and 'Low Love' is nowhere to be found.

Last edited by kjakm on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:29 pm

Oh I see, thanks for the info!

Will have to pre-order the 12" at some point, but some of the fields in the order form are coming up blank after I chose an option (country and shipping method) and I'm not going to risk it.

ETA: I don't see the point of the boxset, but then again, I'm used to buying single 7"s only when the b-sides are interesting enough, and these have just 2 additional songs. I'm still a little baffled by this
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:36 pm

I am sure the variants will follow and the people that love having one album in 14 colors will be happy.

surprised there is no "deluxe cd" at this point as well. so maybe the only way to get the bonus tracks is through the box.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Disappointed that there isn't a deluxe CD edition so those who only want the CD can get the exclusive songs. But... I'm sure there will be "other ways" to pick up those two tracks!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 5:36 pm

I love the box set, a much more interesting idea than just different colours of 12". But then I am one of those obsessive collectors that has to have everything!

Site's a bit glitchy though, my order came up at just the cost of postage ( for the deluxe box set, LP and CD) so I'll have to email and check it's actually gone through...don't want to miss out.

The dates of the download tracks are on the order confirmation - 19th Feb and 4th March I think, although they seem to be mixing their metaphors a bit between American and English dates. Doesn't say which songs they are though.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 5:41 pm

I bought the box, too. I figured that would be my splurge item. Would have been cool if that was the item to be autographed. I certainly don't need any more posters to sit around in tubes.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 5:46 pm

I got the box without the bonus stuff. Agree on getting the LP later. Pearl Jam did a similar box for their last album. Songs should sound better on the 7".

I wonder if there will be more bonus tracks for iTunes. The pre-orders say the tracks are exclusive but maybe there are others (Low Love) elsewhere. I would assume iTunes preorder is up tomorrow.

Also didn't Brian say the bonus songs would come out also on RSD? Maybe that will be Low Love? Or will it be the 7" that's in this box set?
Back to top Go down
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ProMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm in love with nobody wins already
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:01 pm

miked331 wrote:
I got the box without the bonus stuff. Agree on getting the LP later. Pearl Jam did a similar box for their last album. Songs should sound better on the 7".

I wonder if there will be more bonus tracks for iTunes. The pre-orders say the tracks are exclusive but maybe there are others (Low Love) elsewhere. I would assume iTunes preorder is up tomorrow.

Also didn't Brian say the bonus songs would come out also on RSD? Maybe that will be Low Love? Or will it be the 7" that's in this box set?

The bonus 7 inch is The Blues, Mary and Digging the Dirt.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Loving the new 1/2 song. Is anybody still playing the 'radio' drinking game? Take a shot!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:16 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I love the box set, a much more interesting idea than just different colours of 12". But then I am one of those obsessive collectors that has to have everything!

Site's a bit glitchy though, my order came up at just the cost of postage ( for the deluxe box set, LP and CD) so I'll have to email and check it's actually gone through...don't want to miss out.

The dates of the download tracks are on the order confirmation - 19th Feb and 4th March I think, although they seem to be mixing their metaphors a bit between American and English dates.  Doesn't say which songs they are though.

I preorderd (CD only) but I don't see dates of the download tracks.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:21 pm

miked331 wrote:

I've had nothing but bad luck with pre-orders anymore. Seems like back in the day the point of a pre-order was to get it on or even beyond the day it hit the shelves and the new standard seems to be getting it a week or even more later. Can't tell you how many times I was in a store and saw an album on the shelf that I pre-ordered 6 months prior and was still waiting for. I think I may have finally learned.
Back to top Go down
StateOfMind
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Just bought nobody wins in full on the Australian iTunes! Smile
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Australia's in the future right? Maybe the rest of us will get it tomorrow .
Back to top Go down
StateOfMind
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:02 pm

It's 9 am on the 22nd here!
Back to top Go down
sickgirlesther
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirlesther

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 8:19 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:

Site's a bit glitchy though, my order came up at just the cost of postage
This happened to me too so I didn't actually ordered (I was hoping it would only debit me for the shipping though), but I'm gonna wait a little to see if we got a european store instead.

Also, Nobody Wins is on Spotify!
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:42 pm

StateOfMind wrote:
Just bought nobody wins in full on the Australian iTunes! Smile

Does the iTunes version of the album list bonus tracks?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 3:12 am

Link to Nobody Wins on Spotify http://spoti.fi/1lAGjgH

And you now preorder Painkillers on itunes as well as buy Nobody Wins there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
LaVidaLoca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 am

Ordered! I love this record!

Whats the size of the Poster? Is it 12x12? When i checked out ive read something about 18x24"?
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 am

I'm still really unsure what the cover art for the actual record is? Also, this will sound negative, but the songs that we have heard already sound almost careless or care-free, as if this is a big deal to Fallon deep down but it doesn't show in the music. I like it.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:12 am

I think the beauty will be in the simplicity of this record, while it doesn't remain too simple. Kinda get a Jason Isbell (SMTF era) vibe already.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 2:36 pm

Technically, are some of these songs Molly & The Zombies covers ... ? Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next