DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mariskov
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:27 am

My name is Joseph, and I'm on a mission for my wife.  The kind folks at Reddit told me I should get in touch with the mods here... so here it goes:

I've been trying to contact Gaslight Anthem about a special request for their upcoming show in Columbus Ohio - I'm hoping you can help!

Last year my wife and I bought our first home and only a few short months later the startup I worked for unexpectedly folded. We were caught very flatfooted and I was out of work for over 4 months. Thankfully, my wife has great benefits as a special ed. teacher, but we almost lost everything. In order to pay the bills I had to take a job out of state (our house is in Ohio, I am working in New Jersey) - so we're spending at least the next year seeing each other every 4-6 weeks. It really sucks, especially for her (taking care of our two puppies, work, maintaining the house without me around). So I wanted to do something super special for her - and I need your help.

My wife is a huge Gaslight Anthem fan, and we've seen them together on several occasions (our first concert was seeing Gaslight Anthem at Terminal 5 in NYC) - her favorite songs are Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts, Mae and Spirit of Jazz. Anyways, we snagged tickets to the upcoming show in Columbus OH on March 28th.  I'd love to get a shout out or dedication or something at the show to really put my wife over the moon and help her know how special she is.  She has endless patience, lives only to help others and I am beyond lucky to have her in my life.

Any tips or connections you have to make this happen would be amazing!  Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 7:50 pm

hey Joseph, welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 12:54 am

Hey Joseph,

Sorry to hear you're going through some hard times. I don't really have any useful ideas on how to get your message/request to the band but I will suggest making this a separate topic. Reason I say that is, much as this board is full of lovely and friendly people, I'd say Anya here is the only one who consistently reads and says hi to everyone who introduces themselves on here. And if you want people to see this, then my advice is...

Step 1:  Make a thread entitled something like "Columbus Ohio - make a fan's night". Anything that will get people who are generous, and people who are going to that show, to look at it, and include your story there.
Step 2: Mention this in the US tour thread and any thread (if there is one) related to the Ohio show (or any other area shows) but don't repeat everything, just give a sentence or two summary and refer people to the thread you created in step one.
Step 3: Night before the show and maybe again day of, send TGA a request on twitter and hope for the best. They're good guys and do take a request or two from time to time but unfortunately you're competing with everyone else who wants to hear a certain song that night and pure chance that they'll see it.

Good Luck! Hope it works out! And if it does, I hope you'll share the good news on here.
Back to top Go down
mariskov
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 7:54 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down