DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park

Go down 
+14
NotLikeWeBleed
rumham
Coltrane
cmigs
brianpd
Rose1991
bt211
The_River
Rizz
GlennR
StitchesOnTheRadio
DeathoftheCool
allamericandan1
jensomniac
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Co-sign

First - went to 10:15 - not 10:00 - so an hour 45 - which is a reasonable or better gaslight show

Second - I went expecting a fest setlist. Instead got a hometown/this-one-is-for-the-fans set list. Starting with Have Mercy was 9 kinds of awesome. Biloxi in the 3 spot. Say I won't, Ferris Wheel, Stay Lucky, the reworked Elvis and Expectations, Rivers Edge, Drive, Morphine + scar tissue, Diner. All songs that were semi to really surprising in a fest set. Dance, Wooderson and Blue Jeans for the home crowd.

Third - crowd was perfect. Right amount of crowd-surfing, pushing and shoving and the correct energy.

Fourth - 3 appearances by Jerseys own bands added a bunch.

Front bottoms were a beyond worthy lead-in. Fans of theirs were insane. The band was fun, I enjoyed it.

Setting was perfect.
Back to top Go down
eldoot7
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Pretty much have to agree with everything that's been said here. The band sounded great, the setlist was awesome and a pleasant surprise to anyone expecting a 'festival set.' The crowd was amazing singing along to every song and a decent amount of moshing/crowd-surfing, but those doing that seemed to respect the space of others around them and didn't go flying into people who weren't into that like you often see at festivals.

And I also need to reiterate how awesome The Front Bottoms were. Knew like one or two songs going on, but I was really blown away with their set and their fans and how they hung around after their set. Definitely going to be a band I get into more now and hopefully will see in the future, I suggest everyone here at least checks them out.
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Have Mercy
High Lonesome
Biloxi Parish
1,000 Years
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
(slowed down version)
Helter Skeleton
Blue Dahlia
We Came to Dance
Film Noir
Stay Lucky
Old Haunts
Here Comes My Man
Great Expectations
(slowed down version)
The '59 Sound
Wooderson
Meet Me by the River's Edge
Say I Won't (Recognize)
Astro Zombies
(Misfits cover) (with Pete Steinkopf)
Sweet Morphine
(Scar Tissue lyrics snippet)
Drive
Handwritten
American Slang
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
(with The Scandals)

Did anyone see the scandals set?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:33 am

I saw The Scandals set. They drew a decent crowd and did a great job as usual. It was cool to have Jared singing Diner again at the end of the show. I'm gonna miss that if they play that song on the next tour. I don't know why setlistfm (which is I assume where you pulled that set list from) is listing it as "with The Scandals". It was just Jared. They're also leaving Sammy Kay off "Stay Lucky"

I don't personally care for the Front Bottoms. It's not them, pop-punk is just not my thing (mostly). They seemed to put on a fun show though. And thanks to all the 15 year olds turning the place into a huge mosh pit, my friends and I were able to work our way to the front for Gaslight Smile So I can't complain.

I agree with all the positive comments regarding TGA's set. It was nice to see them play a festival and not do a "fest set" as people mentioned. Perks of being a headliner! This was also the first time I've seen them in AP when the weather WASN'T terrible, and considering what the forecast had been, that was a pleasant surprise!

Weirdly enough, I think possibly the biggest highlight of their set for me was Astro Zombies. I was already psyched that Pete was joining them for a song but I had long ago given up hope of seeing them cover that song live.

All in all it was a great set with great energy from the band and crowd. Only negative was that much of the crowd, around me at least, didn't seem to know or care for anything off American Slang (including the title track) or all that much for SOS or Senor. It was a Handwritten fan heavy crowd that's for sure. The girl next to me though didn't know '59 Sound (the song) though, that was a first, considering she sang along to like 50% of the set  scratch  

Couldn't have asked for a better festival experience cheers
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 6:04 pm

wow...for a festival it was a really long setlist Very Happy what a shame that I wasnt there -.-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2