DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park

Go down 
+14
NotLikeWeBleed
rumham
Coltrane
cmigs
brianpd
Rose1991
bt211
The_River
Rizz
GlennR
StitchesOnTheRadio
DeathoftheCool
allamericandan1
jensomniac
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Empty
PostSubject: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 3:02 pm

TGA added as headliners this morning, May 16-17, 2015 in Asbury Park

Festival link: http://www.skateandsurffest.com/

The Scandals are billed as well.
Back to top Go down
allamericandan1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:54 pm

I hope they play both days. A two day pass isn't cheap.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:20 am

Uh oh... Is anyone else worried about the turnout to this thing? Not sure how many fans the guys have around that area Wink
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Uh oh... Is anyone else worried about the turnout to this thing? Not sure how many fans the guys have around that area Wink

Haha, Idk man, could be more a concern than you'd think. When they played Bamboozle a couple years ago there was a serious lack of fans in the crowd.

Although considering they're headlining this time it should be okay Smile

Fingers crossed that The Scandals are playing the same day as Gaslight so I can by a single day pass.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 2:12 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

Makes one wonder why they wouldn't play a headline show instead of a festival in that area.

Doing a festival in Louisville, KY makes perfect sense for them. But on their home turf?
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Pretty sure Gaslight is playing on Sunday night. Not sure about The Scadals though.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:43 am

Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!

Ew...
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Rizz wrote:
Pretty sure Gaslight is playing on Sunday night. Not sure about The Scadals though.

Yes, on their website it also says May 17.

On the Dropkick Murphys website it says they are playing May 16 so they may be headlining the Saturday show.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 1:03 am

Are single-day passes going to be available? The website's only showing me weekend passes at the moment.
Back to top Go down
brianpd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:06 am

Anyone know which day Gaslight is playing. Me and my dad are thinking about making the trip from Boston but 120 each for the two day pass is kinda steep. Anyway to get a one day pass?
Back to top Go down
http://secretofthesound.com
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:30 pm

I don't know for sure but I assume the one-day tickets will go on sale later. Most festivals work this way. The one-day tickets usually become available after they announce who plays on which day.
This is from last year: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/skate-and-surf-festival-2014-rain-or-shine-tickets-8455006151

Just guessing that the Dropkicks will play on Saturday and Gaslight on Sunday. I am excited, I love Asbury Park and being able to see both bands there over the same weekend is great for me. Now just hoping for good weather.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Single day tickets are up. Gaslight plays Sunday. So do the Scandals.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 9:30 am

Set times are now posted:
https://www.facebook.com/SkateandSurfFest?fref=ts

TGA on Sunday from 8.30pm to 10pm.
The Scandals on the West Stage at 2.45pm.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 3:53 pm

The poster is, um, how do I say this... a blatant fucking El Jefe ripoff. Like, whoa.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:50 pm

cmigs wrote:
The poster is, um, how do I say this... a blatant fucking El Jefe ripoff. Like, whoa.

How so?
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:54 pm

http://www.hellgateindustries.com/products/551265-gaslight-anthem-may-17-2015

The lean in to kiss...
The ferris wheel...
The color palate, and the tones of the colors...

I mean, it's significantly better than most of what they've done so far, so it's probably for the best. Perhaps the band told them to go in that direction.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 5:46 am

Idk man, El Jefe doesn't exactly have ownership over those images. Plus both artists are drawing from the same music which evokes those images.
Back to top Go down
Coltrane
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:18 am

It'd be pretty funny if they told Hellgate to go in the El Jefe direction, because they told El Jefe to go in a different direction.

I dig the poster, either way.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 11:42 am

cmigs wrote:

Dude, el jefe jacked so much of his portfolio including some of his gaslight work. All he did was find pictures he liked then illustrate them. In fact he got in trouble with Bayside by stealing some artists tattoo design and passing it off as his on some vinyl design. For example his "iconic" convention hall poster is completely stolen from some photographer which is easy to find. The guy is a complete hack. I forgot the site, maybe gig poster, where he was called out for his plagiarism. I personally think he rebranded himself as rocketsarered since even basic Google searches by default included "el jefe design plagiarism".
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 1:08 pm

Couldn't get my hands on tickets for tomorrow Crying or Very sad The life of the broke college man.....it's great....

Anyway, you guys think i'll be able to catch any from the boardwalk or anything?
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Nevermind I just remembered it's inside Mad
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:01 am

I already went to the festival yesterday so I can share some logistics.
It's a similar but smaller setup from Bamboozle and it's very open with the fencing on the side. There were a number of people listening from outside or from across the street at the Wonder Bar. Gaslight will be playing on the stage that is across from the Wonder Bar. Everything is on the grass, not extending to the beach.
The two smaller stages are parallel to the Berkeley Hotel. Somehow the sound separates so it works fine. The two bigger stages can be heard one from the other but they don't overlap the sets.
I am staying at the Berkeley Hotel with the windows facing the festival and I can actually hear the main stages from my room perfectly well.
Last night I didn't go in until closer to 5, watched the MIW and The Wonder Years sets before the Dropkick Murphys. The merchandise area is pretty small. Even though my weather app said 76F it felt quite chilly and a lot of other people said the same. The stages themselves are by far not as big as Bamboozle, more like the Stone Pony summer stage. There were clusters of fans in front of the stage when the respective bands set up but a lot of moving between stages so after a band finished, most people moved on to the next stage. During The Wonder Years set there was a lot of crowdsurfing and moshing, security did a great job. It was less active during the Dropkick set but it also started raining, which probably affected things. My stuff is still wet.
If you like Windmill hot dogs or burgers, there was a long line, plan for 20 minutes. The portable toilets were fine, not too much of a line. Water is $3 and they’ll take the cap. Not sure if they allow to bring in water.
It’s one-time entry so once you go inside, no going back outside and coming back. Smoking is allowed inside.
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:19 am

Thanks man, guess i'm wrong again lol. I just remembered a few years back it was inside for some reason. Glad to hear i'm wrong though, cause now i'm gonna drive up and see if I can catch some of the set from outside, so thanks for the awesome explanation!
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Beyond incredible is how I would describe the set last night. Everything just seemed to perfectly align. No rain, awesome sound, the setting of the Paramount Theater as the backdrop, excellent set list, and Brian's vocals sounded simply stellar. The band was so on and played so tight. The vibe was great. Absolutely one of my top music experiences ever. And what can be better than singing along to We Came to Dance under the Central Jersey sky on a beautiful night. And the shalalas for Here Comes My Man. And Patient's Ferris Wheel.
Loved the guest spots as well. Stay Lucky smoked.
Also enjoyed the Front Bottoms set earlier and seems to be a great group of people. After their set they walked along the barrier for a while chatting with fans, signing and taking pictures. They even made an effort to take pictures with fans outside who were standing to the other side of the fence.
Also a shout out to the nice security crew for patiently dealing with all the lost iphones 5, car keys, picture and bag storage requests and most of all, keeping an eye on things to keep everybody safe.
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Their energy last night was absolutely great. They had that look were you could tell they were just straight up having fun tearing through the setlist, which just makes it that much better! Brian screwed up the lyrics to handwritten (who cares) but the guy next to me was so excited he started cheering and jumping up and down "Fuck yeah Brian, I always forget the first verse too!" lol. He was dead serious too, it was so random but hilarious. Overall, awesome show!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park   TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA to Headline Skate and Surf Fest in Asbury Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next