A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from Northern Ireland!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ciaran59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hello from Northern Ireland! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Northern Ireland!   Hello from Northern Ireland! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello everyone!!! Good to be here. I'm a long time lurker to the forum, probably been coming here for around 3 years. I've never registered before as I don't have time anymore what with family (2 young kids), work, gym etc etc. Im a long time time of the Springsteen forums Backstreets BTX (7 years) and Greasylake (11 years), username over there is stevies wig for any fellow lakers or BTX'ers! I rarely post on theese forums anymore either but log on almost everyday for updates etc.

You probably guessed then that I discovered Gaslight through Bruce and specifically via the Greasylake forum. I bought the 59 sound in January 2009 after it was discussed on Greasylake and haven't looked back!!

I've seen the boys twice live (seen Bruce about 11 times)- in Belfast in 2010 and Dublin in 2012 (when I drove the 100 miles from Belfast to Dublin on my "high lonesome" and realized that when I got there had forgotten my wallet! I though I was going to have to return home without seeing the show as I had no money for car parking, luckily a very nice door-man at the venue gave me 20 euro's for, as he said "car parking and a coke, kid". I was 30 years old then but guess I looked like a kid standing 100 miles from home with no money. a few days later and post posted the money plus an extra 10 euro to him). That's a story for the grand-kids anyway! Smile

Which brings me to why I have finally registered: I couldn't afford tickets for the Limelight Belfast show when they were released just a week before Christmas (2 kids etc etc). So I had to wait until today before I could afford 2 tickets for me and my wife....but but...tickets are sold out! Shit! I went to ticketmaster and they had none, phoned the venue and they had none. NOOOOOO!!!!!

I was hoping someone may be able to help out with any spare or unwanted tickets, or are there any rumors of a second show for Belfast or any rumors of a venue upgrade (their Belfast show in 2010 was upgraded to a larger venue)?

Glad to finally have registered and will keep fingers crossed that I don't miss the show in Belfast. Thanks for reading,
Peace
Ciaran
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland!   Hello from Northern Ireland! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 pm

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
ciaran59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland!   Hello from Northern Ireland! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
welcome to the forum

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland!   Hello from Northern Ireland! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Northern Ireland!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: