DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?

Go down 
+11
flannel
Yozzy
amethystbelle
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
JimmyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
myoldmanshoes
TGAFAN25
Thunder Peel
CapedAvenger
Unorthadox1080
15 posters

Sink or Swim
Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_lcap30%Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 12 ]
Senor and the Queen
Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_lcap5%Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
American Slang
Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_lcap25%Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 10 ]
Handwritten
Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_lcap10%Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Get Hurt
Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_lcap30%Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
Unorthadox1080
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Empty
PostSubject: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 6:59 pm

I know a good few people's favourite album won't be the 59 sound anyway, but I was curious to see how this turns.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 pm

Difficult one. I said to a mate recently that i think Get Hurt is their second-best album, so i'll stick with that.

Sink Or Swim is a pretty close second.

If SatQ was album-length (i.e. 10+ tracks), and the quality was as good over those tracks as it is on the 4 that's on the actual release, it'd be that. But it's not an album so i'm not voting for it here.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Get Hurt is my favorite after '59 Sound. I love all of their records, though. Not a bad one in the bunch. Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 10:09 pm

American Slang (Get Hurt is VERY CLOSE to AS for me tho!)
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myoldmanshoes

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Senor and the Queen is definitely my favorite of everything. With the quality of those four songs, damn I wish they would have made that into an entire album.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 pm

I was going to go with Get Hurt but I feel like I'm still biased with how new it is and since it's already almost a perfect tie with American Slang...I'm gonna say INCLUDING 59 Sound, American Slang is still my favorite.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Thunder Peel wrote:
Get Hurt is my favorite after '59 Sound. I love all of their records, though. Not a bad one in the bunch. Smile
ditto doctor.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Unapologetically in love with Handwritten. '59 Sound is my favorite, no doubt, and then it's pretty tight between Handwritten, Get Hurt, Sink or Swim, Señor and the Queen, and American Slang. I even love American Slang, just a little less than the rest.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:47 pm

myoldmanshoes wrote:
Senor and the Queen is definitely my favorite of everything. With the quality of those four songs, damn I wish they would have made that into an entire album.

The lyrics in every song on Señor and the Queen...damn.
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myoldmanshoes

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Mike_Millburys_Shoe wrote:

The lyrics in every song on Señor and the Queen...damn.

I know! I'm a huge fan of Sink or Swim, but something about those four songs just gets me.
Back to top Go down
amethystbelle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
amethystbelle

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:53 pm

I agree there is something about Senor and the Queen that gets me too, first album i heard was sink or swim and it brings back so many happy memories of summer 08 but there is something about that ep that i always loved Smile
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 2:10 am

Sink or Swim, without a doubt!

I can't believe how well Get Hurt is doing tbh.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:49 am

I honestly feel kinda split between all of them besides Handwritten, cause they all represent different feelings and eras, but for the poll I had to go with American Slang, the album that started it all for me Smile
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 7:29 am

JimmyB wrote:
Thunder Peel wrote:
ditto doctor.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 pm

flannel wrote:
I honestly feel kinda split between all of them besides Handwritten, cause they all represent different feelings and eras, but for the poll I had to go with American Slang, the album that started it all for me Smile

yep. this.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Get Hurt
Back to top Go down
brianpd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 12:42 pm

American Slang
Back to top Go down
http://secretofthesound.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album?   Excluding the 59 Sound, what is your favourite Gaslight album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1