DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

London Record Shops?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LizCollinsNY
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

London Record Shops? Empty
PostSubject: London Record Shops?   London Record Shops? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 1:53 am

Hi,
I'll be visiting London from the US between Christmas and New Year's. I was thinking of picking up a UK version of a Gaslight Anthem album or two. Does anyone have any recommendations for some good record stores to check out? We will be staying in Fitzrovia but can go anywhere in London convenient to the Tube.
Thanks!
- Liz
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: London Record Shops?   London Record Shops? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi Liz,

Here are two links for you:

http://londonist.com/2012/04/top-ten-record-shops.php

http://www.berwickstreetlondon.co.uk/news?articleid=53 [there is general info amongst the RSD specifics]

If you go to Berwick Street with a friend, you can also recreate this famour album cover:

London Record Shops? Article-0-0EEFEFCF00000578-15_470x470

Enjoy London!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
LizCollinsNY
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: London Record Shops?   London Record Shops? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks so much! I think I may have seen that first link, but when I searched on some of the stores' websites they didn't list any TGA albums. I wanted to be sure that if I went out of the way that they would have some. Do you think Berwick Street is the best place to go? If one store focuses more on a different style of music, that the next may have Gaslight? Ha, I've had that album for years and never knew were the cover was from.

Thank you! Looking forward to the trip!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: London Record Shops?   London Record Shops? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 6:58 pm

LizCollinsNY wrote:
Thanks so much!  I think I may have seen that first link, but when I searched on some of the stores' websites they didn't list any TGA albums.  I wanted to be sure that if I went out of the way that they would have some.  Do you think Berwick Street is the best place to go?  If one store focuses more on a different style of music, that the next may have Gaslight? Ha, I've had that album for years and never knew were the cover was from.

Thank you!  Looking forward to the trip!

I have no idea if any of them would have TGA vinyl. You could always email ahead. In any event, its just fun to browse and go from store to store. Berwick Street is right in the heart of London, near Picadilly Circus and up towards Oxford Street, so it's not like its out of the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
LizCollinsNY
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: London Record Shops?   London Record Shops? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:08 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
LizCollinsNY wrote:
Thanks so much!  I think I may have seen that first link, but when I searched on some of the stores' websites they didn't list any TGA albums.  I wanted to be sure that if I went out of the way that they would have some.  Do you think Berwick Street is the best place to go?  If one store focuses more on a different style of music, that the next may have Gaslight? Ha, I've had that album for years and never knew were the cover was from.

Thank you!  Looking forward to the trip!

I have no idea if any of them would have TGA vinyl.  You could always email ahead.  In any event, its just fun to browse and go from store to store.  Berwick Street is right in the heart of London, near Picadilly Circus and up towards Oxford Street, so it's not like its out of the way.

Gotcha, wasn't sure if these were your local shops.  I will definitely aim at fitting a visit in, I'm with my mom so not sure how much she will be into browsing.  Either way, very much appreciate your help!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Record Shops?   London Record Shops? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London Record Shops?
Page 1 of 1