DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi friends!

Go down 
+2
zerb012345
katechampagne
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Thought I'd finally join after much lurking... my name is Kate, I'm from Providence, RI and have been a Gaslight Anthem fan since about 2008...  I love you One of my biggest fangirl moments was actually meeting Brian for the first time last year before their show at Lupo's here in Providence. I was so nervous!  lol! So... yeah? I'm excited to see them again in Boston next month!!

*edit: dem typos*
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/katexchampagne
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Hey! Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!
I was pretty nervous too meeting Brian for the first time. The other guys it was no big deal for some reason. Ian and I talked for a little bit like it was nothing. But Brian...all I could say was "Brian. Would you sign this and take a picture? Thanks."
Maybe I'll see you in Boston next month!
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:01 pm

I was a wreck! I was standing behind this fence in the parking lot next to the venue for a half hour until he came out for a smoke. He was chatting with another fan and I didn't want to interrupt so I just awkwardly stood behind the fence till they finished and asked him for a picture. There was soooo many things I wanted to say and ask but I was almost in tears and only managed to ask if I got lipstick on my teeth when we took a picture. Haha! So stupid.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:35 am

How did it come out? That's all that matters Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:34 am

Hi friends! Image12

Hahaha! I look not even close to how I was feeling on the inside.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:10 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:17 am

I think my picture with Brian is my least favorite of ME ever, but I don't really care because of, well, Brian.
Hi friends! 12764510
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:58 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Hey and welcome to the forum, Kate!

Remember, joining the Spam thread crusade is obligatory. So get on that.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightLady11
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MoonlightLady11

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:27 pm

katechampagne wrote:
Hi friends! Image12

Hahaha! I look not even close to how I was feeling on the inside.

that's such a good picture!!
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:26 pm

thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

@zerb, brian looks WAY excited to be taking that picture. hahaha. are you definitely going to the boston gig? i'm planning on taking an early train and sneaking around the area/get in line. Very Happy

@harbortown, i'm on it! Razz
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:50 pm

I was going to, but an offer for cheap studio time for my band came up, so I have a feeling that all my $$ will be going to that unless the kid (Do you know the band Bonsai Trees from CT? Him.) lowers his prices/we work something else out. I would postpone the studio time, but I think we're going to be doing a split with Bonsai Trees, and he wants to get it out ASAP. So it's all up in the air, but I REALLY wanna do both.
Damn money. I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:03 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
I was going to, but an offer for cheap studio time for my band came up, so I have a feeling that all my $$ will be going to that unless the kid (Do you know the band Bonsai Trees from CT? Him.) lowers his prices/we work something else out. I would postpone the studio time, but I think we're going to be doing a split with Bonsai Trees, and he wants to get it out ASAP. So it's all up in the air, but I REALLY wanna do both.

Never heard of Bonsai Trees but I understand! I almost didn't want to go. I hate the HoB in Boston (I really dislike Boston in general, to be honest). Are you from the area? I'm going all by myself too because all my friends think the show is too pricey but I'd rather eat Ramen for a week than not see them. My main concern is the crappy venue. Priorities... amirite? Razz
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:12 pm

katechampagne wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

Never heard of Bonsai Trees but I understand! I almost didn't want to go. I hate the HoB in Boston (I really dislike Boston in general, to be honest). Are you from the area? I'm going all by myself too because all my friends think the show is too pricey but I'd rather eat Ramen for a week than not see them. My main concern is the crappy venue. Priorities... amirite? Razz

Bonsai Trees are some of the best 18/19 year olds you'll hear banging on instruments, and all super nice kids. They're actually one of my favorite acts in general, let alone local acts.
Last time I went in 2012 to HoB I didn't mind it. Then again, it was my first show and I had just met the band and got front row. Lucky night.
I'm actually about 2 hours out of Boston, I live up near Keene NH if you know anything about up there. I don't know if I would be going by myself or not, my mom actually really likes to see them live too Razz weirdo.
Feel free to find me on Facebook or PM me here so we don't piss anyone off constantly talking here haha
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
katechampagne wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

Bonsai Trees are some of the best 18/19 year olds you'll hear banging on instruments, and all super nice kids. They're actually one of my favorite acts in general, let alone local acts.
Last time I went in 2012 to HoB I didn't mind it. Then again, it was my first show and I had just met the band and got front row. Lucky night.
I'm actually about 2 hours out of Boston, I live up near Keene NH if you know anything about up there. I don't know if I would be going by myself or not, my mom actually really likes to see them live too Razz weirdo.
Feel free to find me on Facebook or PM me here so we don't piss anyone off constantly talking here haha

Hahaha, your mom sounds pretty rad to me! I don't think my mom likes music very much. I was in the front row too in 2012! It wasn't so bad buuuut I've seen GA a couple of times before that in smaller venues so it was a little different. Did you go to any of the shows last year? The one in Providence was awesome. Very Happy Very Happy I don't actually have Facebook Sad Wah!
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:47 pm

katechampagne wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
katechampagne wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

Hahaha, your mom sounds pretty rad to me! I don't think my mom likes music very much. I was in the front row too in 2012! It wasn't so bad buuuut I've seen GA a couple of times before that in smaller venues so it was a little different. Did you go to any of the shows last year? The one in Providence was awesome. Very Happy Very Happy I don't actually have Facebook Sad Wah!

WAIT! Were you on Alex R's side?
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:51 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
katechampagne wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
katechampagne wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

WAIT! Were you on Alex R's side?

Uhhh ummmm errrr  pig I can't remember. I had short blond hair back then... and I remember exactly that I wore a navy/white striped dress. Don't tell me you saw me! I'm pretty sure I was crying through half of the gig because feelings.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:55 pm

I think I DID see you at some point...I was just about crying too. The feels, man the feels. I hope things work out for the show this year. Just found out I may have some extra cash. You said you're for sure going? Would be cool to meet up with someone from here.

I made Rolling Stone back in 2012 haha. I'm in the Patriots shirt in the middle.
Hi friends! 20121110
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:00 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
I think I DID see you at some point...I was just about crying too. The feels, man the feels. I hope things work out for the show this year. Just found out I may have some extra cash. You said you're for sure going? Would be cool to meet up with someone from here.

I made Rolling Stone back in 2012 haha. I'm in the Patriots shirt in the middle.
Hi friends! 20121110

That's rad! I am going 100000%. I'm skipping class that day (oopsie) and am gonna take an early train into Boston to hang around the venue... I'll try to be my most charming self and try to find someone who can maybe let me in to listen to the soundcheck (see, that's why I like small shows! Stuff like that is so much easier! I already know it will be impossible but hey. Never give up.. lol) and then hopefully just get in line. I really want to be in the front again. We can definitely meet up if you end up going Smile I'm so excited for this show!
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 pm

I think I'm breaking 33RPM's heart with all this meet up talk Razz jk
Hoping I can make it too, its been since 2012 for me. WAY too long without seeing Brian in some form. I freaked when he tweeted me back the other week.
When I tried to even look in on soundcheck I was yelled at pretty much Sad
Front row's important to me too. I got down there early enough last time I could have been first in line, but I decided to wait for the band instead. I don't know how I'd play this one out this year.
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:20 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Hoping I can make it too, its been since 2012 for me. WAY too long without seeing Brian in some form. I freaked when he tweeted me back the other week.
Front row's important to me too. I got down there early enough last time I could have been first in line, but I decided to wait for the band instead. I don't know how I'd play this one out this year.

Hahaha. tongue tongue tongue

That's rude! Who yelled at you?

Did Brian activate his twitter again? I thought he closed it a while ago... but I'm not on Twitter so I didn't check if that was true or not! What'd he say?? I met him before and after the show last year and when I asked why he never plays my favorite song (Wherefore art though, Elvis?  queen )after the show was over he was like "well you could have just asked when you were here earlier and I would have played it".  silent silent silent  So that's what I'm doing this time. Haha.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 pm

katechampagne wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

Hahaha. tongue tongue tongue

That's rude! Who yelled at you?

Did Brian activate his twitter again? I thought he closed it a while ago... but I'm not on Twitter so I didn't check if that was true or not! What'd he say?? I met him before and after the show last year and when I asked why he never plays my favorite song (Wherefore art though, Elvis?  queen )after the show was over he was like "well you could have just asked when you were here earlier and I would have played it".  silent silent silent  So that's what I'm doing this time. Haha.

HAHAHA MAN if I had known I could request stuff...but I could barely muster any words at all.
And I peeked in a door, only for it to be slammed shut more. So no one REALLY yelled, it just felt like it. Still rude.
and yes, he's back on.
Hi friends! Brian10
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 pm

He would never reply to my tweets ever. Because all I'd be tweeting is "hi. i love you." and "write me a song, ty" haahahaha

Yeah, I don't know if he meant it or not. Maybe he thought I'm creepy because I waited for an hour after the show for no good reason. He did give me his guitar pick though.

I'm just having a fangirl moment, don't mind me.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:45 pm

katechampagne wrote:
He would never reply to my tweets ever. Because all I'd be tweeting is "hi. i love you." and "write me a song, ty" haahahaha

Yeah, I don't know if he meant it or not. Maybe he thought I'm creepy because I waited for an hour after the show for no good reason. He did give me his guitar pick though.

I....I...don't know if we are friends right now. you got his guitar pick?
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
katechampagne wrote:

I....I...don't know if we are friends right now. you got his guitar pick?

It was his way of saying "I appreciate your support but please please leave now  wave "
Hahahaha. Jk. But yeah, I did get his pick. It's tucked away at a Swiss bank. Just. In. Case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi friends! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi friends!   Hi friends! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi friends!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next