DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Signals Midwest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:34 pm

I know I've mentioned him a million times before, but after seeing the Sam Russo thread, I realized I hadn't made a topic about him yet. This dude is busy. He put out a solo record last year, has one coming out this year, put out a record with his band The Skatastrophes (www.myspace.com/theskatastrophes) in '07, and has another band, Signals Midwest, who has yet to record anything, but their live stuff sounds great.

His solo stuff is acoustic punk stuff similar to Russo. His myspace (http://www.myspace.com/maxstern) is just full of demos for the new album, but he's giving away his first record for free:
Code:
Max Stern - Tales of the Last Great Midwestern Hero - http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ba1817cb80d680cab1eab3e9fa335ca93c740af9a44d96f
It just takes 20 minutes to listen to it, and it's definitely worth it.

This guy writes songs that are basically about me. We're both from Cleveland and he's just a year older than me, and a lot of his songs are about Cleveland (the title "71 South" on his solo record refers to the road that gets you the hell out of Cleveland). Great lyrics, great guitar playing, great music.

If you're into ska, there aren't many bands better than the Skatastrophes, and if you like acoustic punk stuff, it doesn't get much better than his solo stuff, so check him out!
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:02 pm

Just downloading those songs, looking forward to giving them a listen!
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
maxstern

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:54 pm

i found this forum page during a random google search of my band, thanks whoever made this!!

to anyone who cares, my band signals midwest has a record that is done, being printed in the next week or two. head over to for music, tour dates, etc.

i also have a split coming out with rozco from clevelands sweethearts echoes of harpers' ferry, looking to be finished in late october.

so...yeah

thanks!!

max
Back to top Go down
maxstern

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:55 pm

for some reason the link to the signals myspace didnt post, here it is.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:20 pm

hey max what's up. i'm DMill on the Streetlight board, but i don't really post there ever. i'm from Cleveland too and i'm a big fan of yours. just got a leak of the Signals Midwest record a few days ago and it's even better than i expected. i was just about to make a thread about it too. looking forward to seeing you guys live and for that second solo record coming out

and the reason the link didn't work is cause you're posting as a guest. once you register, you can post links. for now, the Signals Midwest myspace link is http://www.myspace.com/signalsmidwest . check 'em out
Back to top Go down

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:05 am

saw this guy's band Signals Midwest on saturday...it was a fun good show.

really digging their new album. check it out here

www.signalsmidwest.bandcamp.com
Back to top Go down

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:43 pm

yo people. listen to this band.

the Latitudes and Longitudes album.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:59 pm

so dope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Sponsored content

Signals Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signals Midwest   Signals Midwest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Signals Midwest
Page 1 of 1