DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14

Go down 
+8
steady now steady now
Vibes
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
zerb012345
brunswick18
Zach_Edelman
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Empty
PostSubject: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:54 am

So Roll Call! Who's going?!

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:27 am

See ya there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 pm

See you fuckers there!
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:54 am

AMAZING SHOW TONIGHT!!!!  High Five 
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 10:17 am

Any new songs, or are they still holing back?
What was the set?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:54 am

zerb012345 wrote:
What was the set?

No but he did talk about the single coming next week. Didn't give the date but we all know that by now.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Helluva show last night, eh guys? Crazy. I don't know how many of you went to see them here last summer, but it was like a different band tonight. So much more energy, and it looked like they were having FUN. Best I've ever herd them sound, too.

Had a ton of fun myself, despite the random, drunken middle aged women who stumbled over from a ways away and punched me in the balls for no reason during the encore...psycho.

Anyways, here's the setlist:

1) '59 Sound
2) Handwritten
3) Old White Lincoln
4) 45
5) Biloxi Parish
6) The Patient Ferris Wheel
7) Howl
Cool We Came to Dance
9) Boomboxes and Dictionaries
10) Old Haunts
11) Too Much Blood
12) Queen of Lower Chelsea
13) Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
14) The Naveskink Banks
15) High Lonesome (HELL YEAH!)
16) Film Noir
17) Wooderson
18) Blue Dahlia
19) Great Expectations

Encore
20) House of the Rising Sun (cover)
21) Diamond Church St. Choir
22) American Slang
23) The Backseat

Really solid setlist, IMO

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:58 pm

The show was a lot of fun. But when I'm headed there with our crew it always is just to hang out with them! Finally was able to cross high lonesome off my list. Just need rivers edge and then I can finally complete 59 sound live!

Besides almost getting the cops called on me, and arrested, cause the venue thought I was trying to enter with a fake ID (really.) I was able to help the guys get their soccer ball off the roof by climbing up a precariously placed ladder. That was fun Razz. Got to hang with Ian for a bit after that

Can't wait for the fall!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Any live boots of this surface yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Vibes wrote:

I have the last 2 min or so of Biloxi on my phone...I can work on getting it up if you'd like.

Also, pretty surprised we didn't hear anything new last night. I'm not disappointed because that setlist was pretty much perfect, but I would say I was expecting to hear Stay Vicious or Rollin' and Tumblin'.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Mike_Millburys_Shoe wrote:
Also, pretty surprised we didn't hear anything new last night. I'm not disappointed because that setlist was pretty much perfect, but I would say I was expecting to hear Stay Vicious or Rollin' and Tumblin'.

I think you are only likely to hear a new song once it's been released, so people don't post boots first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:45 pm

Debonair wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
What was the set?

No but he did talk about the single coming next week. Didn't give the date but we all know that by now.

They DID sound check a new song. Couldn't really hear the words so I wasn't sure what song it was. The guy in front of me in line said that Brian said the title and it was Rollin' and Tumblin'. Anyway, from what I heard it sounded really good and definitely not shockingly different from stuff they've put out before. We also heard what sounded like little bits of other new songs. All of it sounded very heavy.

The show was awesome though. The crowd was rude but not too bad. Only real criticism was the venue's system for letting people in. I was 7th in line and ended up in the second row because they let people in two different doors. The first 10-ish people went to a farther away door, then person 11 and on started going in another door. So basically person 1 and person 11 got in at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 6:15 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
What was the set?

They DID sound check a new song. Couldn't really hear the words so I wasn't sure what song it was. The guy in front of me in line said that Brian said the title and it was Rollin' and Tumblin'. Anyway, from what I heard it sounded really good and definitely not shockingly different from stuff they've put out before. We also heard what sounded like little bits of other new songs. All of it sounded very heavy.

The show was awesome though. The crowd was rude but not too bad. Only real criticism was the venue's system for letting people in. I was 7th in line and ended up in the second row because they let people in two different doors. The first 10-ish people went to a farther away door, then person 11 and on started going in another door. So basically person 1 and person 11 got in at the same time.

I thought that about the last album - once it's heard live it obviously makes sense with the older stuff.

The studio recordings will be where the real differences are heard I think as they could have really gone to town with different sounds.
Back to top Go down
reitzel6570
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:30 am

Only real criticism was the venue's system for letting people in. I was 7th in line and ended up in the second row because they let people in two different doors. The first 10-ish people went to a farther away door, then person 11 and on started going in another door. So basically person 1 and person 11 got in at the same time.
One of the reasons I don't like Upstate Concert Hall. They actually had three doors open, so people who came way later then you probably got rail. And you can't even plan for that, by making sure you're 12th in line or something, because they don't always do it the same way. Sometimes they separate by under/over 21, or will call/not will call. They could at least respect the line and let the first 20 or so people into the venue in order. Last time I saw Gaslight there I was 4th and ended up second row. This time I went for the rail on the far right side, where there's a support beam almost directly behind you, so usually no moshing or crowd-surfing going on, and usually open because most people go for center.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Really into how Mike_Millburys_Shoe's numbering system turned the 8 into an emoticon and now it just looks like a hella cool dude who came to dance (which is perfect)
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Vibes wrote:

I did record the entire show.

I taped my ghetto recording setup to the wall rear right of the venue facing the stage. This consisted of a standard sony ic recorder with a noise canceling microphone attached via a wire with a volume knob. Recorded the entire show (including White Denim) with the volume knob potted roughly 75% down.

The resulting raw quality is perhaps C grade at best. The volume switch did its job of handling the bass that makes a mess of recording with phones, however I believe I had it potted too far down for there is constant white noise throughout the recording that tends to over come the music at times.

I have attempted to improve the quality of the recording using Audacity. I have messed around with high and low pass filters as well as the EQ, but haven't gotten any real luck to improving the overall quality.

If anyone has lots of experience with regards to editing and think you can improve the quality let me know and I can drop box you the audacity file. However I believe that with the overall quality of my rig I don't think there is too much you can do. If that is the case I can just share the raw recording.

Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:08 pm

brunswick18 wrote:
Vibes wrote:

Are you planning on uploading it? I NEED to have it, it's probably the only show I'll see in a long time and I'd love to have it, whatever quality it is in. Especially because of Brian's shout out from stage when I told him I had flewn 14 hours to get to the show Razz

Such a special night!!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 1:00 pm

ivienco wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
Vibes wrote:

Are you planning on uploading it? I NEED to have it, it's probably the only show I'll see in a long time and I'd love to have it, whatever quality it is in. Especially because of Brian's shout out from stage when I told him I had flewn 14 hours to get to the show Razz

Such a special night!!!

so did you get to chat with Brian and the guys, as you had hoped?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 2:00 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
ivienco wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
Vibes wrote:

Such a special night!!!

Well, yeah!! Sort of... Before the show started I was very close to the fence and noticed there was a small spot between two guys and a few girls, so I kindly asked if they could make some more room for me and they did (such nice people), so I was at the front Very Happy I probably should say that I'm barely 5'2'' so it wasn't like I was blocking anyone's view anyway ahahha! Anyway, it was amazing to watch the show from such a close distance! After the show ended I eventually talked my way into the venue again and got to chat with Ian about football (or soccer) and briefly with Alex R. I did not see the rest, sadly. But during the show, right before Great Expectations I shouted to Brian about my flight and he heard me, so he said it out loud on the mic and talked to me for a bit. I must stress that 98% of the people I talked to that night was truly awesome. The girls that were right behind me, who were part of the group that let me stay at the front with them, patted me and were pretty much as happy as I was when this happened. I LOVED the good energy in that crowd. Anyway, I digress. Alex L was in a great mood and we exchanged goofy glances and faces a few times. He threw his pick at me at the end. So even though the cherry in my night would have been a pic with Brian and the band in its entirety, I'd be a fool to complain, really Razz I was already in but really thought knocking on the dressing room's door would have been too much. The least I wanted to do was bother the guys...

BTW I recorded Too Much Blood, The Queen Of Lower Chelsea, Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts, The Navesink Banks, and most of Backseats. I'll try to upload it to YouTube Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 4:10 pm

ivienco wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
ivienco wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
Vibes wrote:

Such a special night!!!

...The girls that were right behind me, who were part of the group that let me stay at the front with them, patted me and were pretty much as happy as I was when this happened. I LOVED the good energy in that crowd....

Clearly all the good people were around you, haha, cuz I had some real winners around me! The classic "shove you out of the way then yell at you for trying to steal their spot" kind of people. I'm all for filling in gaps, especially like you did when you politely asked but man,  the whole 'aggressively shoving others out of the way' thing is getting old.
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 am

ivienco wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
Vibes wrote:

Are you planning on uploading it?

Hey, oh so you are the girl Brian shouted out too during the show. Haha cool. So yea I will upload the raw recording I have, actually what I will do, I will cut in the banter my girlfriend recorded with her phone because in my recording the banter is barely audible. Once I mess around with that I will upload it.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 9:11 am

brunswick18 wrote:
ivienco wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
Vibes wrote:

Are you planning on uploading it?

Hey, oh so you are the girl Brian shouted out too during the show. Haha cool. So yea I will upload the raw recording I have, actually what I will do, I will cut in the banter my girlfriend recorded with her phone because in my recording the banter is barely audible. Once I mess around with that I will upload it.

Great, let me know when you have Very Happy and THANKS!!

Clearly all the good people were around you, haha, cuz I had some real winners around me! The classic "shove you out of the way then yell at you for trying to steal their spot" kind of people. I'm all for filling in gaps, especially like you did when you politely asked but man, the whole 'aggressively shoving others out of the way' thing is getting old.

Well, it happens every time, I left a few times for the restroom and the bar and would kinda roam around for a bit, just letting it all in, and the last time I went back to the front I found this girl yelling at me for no reason whatsoever, just for standing next to her (I do NOTHING without asking people permission or at least apologizing or something) so I felt she was very rude but well... That only made me walk a little further to the center and find these other people so it was actually great that she did that, worked out for me at least haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14   Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park NY: 6/19/14
Page 1 of 1