DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey from Australia

Go down 
+5
DeathoftheCool
Debonair
The Last Jukebox Romeo
HolyBreakOfDay
mwh
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 6:50 am

Realized I should do this more formally.

So hey everyone (I refuse to say g'day, you can't make me). I'm Martin, I'm 27, half-Australian, half-American. I'm a chef by trade, spend 90 hours a week chained to my kitchen and the rest generally being a terrible person.

I used to play in a bunch of shady punk bands back when I had a life, but time just doesn't permit that anymore so I just write lyrics for friends now. If any of you do need a hand with some fine-tuning of fancy words, feel free to hit me up, I'm not world-class but I'm okay.

I live in Perth, Western Australia, which is about as far away from anywhere as you can be before you wind up close to somewhere again, but I've lived in Hanoi, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, Las Vegas, Nevada and Queenstown in New Zealand on my various adventures.

Other than Gaslight I'm massively into Social Distortion and the usual U.S. punk suspects (Ramones, Stooges etc etc). Just been getting into Dave Hause and Chuck Ragan, as well as finally making time to listen to a lot of hip-hop stuff I've been ignoring for years.

Other interests are making fancy old-school cocktails (I'm pretty smooth, just saying...), tattoos (7 and counting) and reading too much.

So yeah that's me, pleasure to meet y'all
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:53 am

Nice to know more about you! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:12 am

Thanks, y'all seem like interesting people, and the only other person I know in Perth who is into Gaslight is my crazy ex, who stole all my albums when we broke up... So good to find a bunch of like-minded people
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:46 am

mwh wrote:
the only other person I know in Perth who is into Gaslight is my crazy ex, who stole all my albums when we broke up...

This is a devastating quote  Mad 

...but welcome!
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:54 am

Man this is not the first time this has happened. I've bought Sink or Swim three times, Senor & The Queen three times, 59' six times, American Slang four times, Handwritten four times and The B Sides twice. Pretty sure I deserve a free tee-shirt or something...
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Welcome to the forum!  wave 
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Debonair wrote:

Thanks man, I think I'll like it here. Haven't really done the forum thing since I was in high school, but you seem like decent sort of people
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:04 am

mwh wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Thanks man, I think I'll like it here. Haven't really done the forum thing since I was in high school, but you seem like decent sort of people

Hey it's a great place with like minded individuals! Usually when your into something (example TGA) you'll find it becomes easy to share and connect with people on different levels.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:12 am

I fucking LOVE australia
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:48 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
I fucking LOVE australia

It's not so bad now it's winter, but summer was a whole mess of balls. 40+ degree days are lame. 40+ nights are worse.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:07 am

mwh wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
I fucking LOVE australia

It's not so bad now it's winter, but summer was a whole mess of balls. 40+ degree days are lame. 40+ nights are worse.

I went on holiday a few years ago to visit family....the heat is just ridiculous. I don't know how you people survive.
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:08 am

Where'd you go man?
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:16 am

Gold Coast...went for 2 weeks and nearly died. Didn't venture out to Perth for the obvious reason that it's pretty much the opposite side of the country so I have no idea what its like. From what I saw whilst in the country, I'm guessing its a pretty nice place.
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 11:06 am

It's pretty quiet. Not a bad spot to retire to. But it's crazy expensive to live here sadly.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Welcome to the forum! it is so cool, that there are so many different nations from all of the world here in the forum!
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:54 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
Welcome to the forum! it is so cool, that there are so many different nations from all of the world here in the forum!

Thanks! Can't say I've ever met anyone from Luxembourg before, so I couldn't agree more, always good to expand your horizons a bit.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 2:11 pm

mwh wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

Thanks! Can't say I've ever met anyone from Luxembourg before, so I couldn't agree more, always good to expand your horizons a bit.

yeah me neither one from Australia, but one day I want to go to Australia Very Happy

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:32 am

mwh wrote:
Man this is not the first time this has happened. I've bought Sink or Swim three times, Senor & The Queen three times, 59' six times, American Slang four times, Handwritten four times and The B Sides twice. Pretty sure I deserve a free tee-shirt or something...

You need a more secure place to store your records! haha.

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:55 am

Anya_TGA wrote:

yeah me neither one from Australia, but one day I want to go to Australia Very Happy

Yeah it's not so bad here. Expensive place to be, but kind of pretty in some places. Europe is pretty high on my list, but I think I'll go to South Korea first.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:34 pm

You're cool mwh, like a wise old sage (though you're not old) who wears a cool hat and shares insightful comments and life lessons.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 6:03 pm

mwh wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

Yeah it's not so bad here. Expensive place to be, but kind of pretty in some places. Europe is pretty high on my list, but I think I'll go to South Korea first.

yeah... I know, the flight is very expensive too...so I have to wait until I am going to work ( I am at the university) and than I have to save some money xD
wow South Korea sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:13 am

Harbortown wrote:
You're cool mwh, like a wise old sage (though you're not old) who wears a cool hat and shares insightful comments and life lessons.

Ha! Thanks man, as a matter of fact, I do own many hats...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:22 am

Hi and welcome to DSS!
I'm sure you discovered already the Vinyl & CDs trading section - looks like you need it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:24 am

Thanks Enola. I already bought all the albums again, no room for a record player in my tiny apartment so just CD's sadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Australia   Hey from Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey from Australia
Page 1 of 1