DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show

Go down 
+22
'49mercury
NeverTrustAJunkie
TGAFAN25
Anya_TGA
brunswick18
enola
sinkorswimmydear
redskynight
ivienco
LiveFastDieOld
flannel
Jaws
Keele
cmigs
rem999
njguy99
Asmith1912
StitchesOnTheRadio
DeathoftheCool
zerb012345
Debonair
eagles1139
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 6:14 pm

So they tweeted a link saying show info, but it brought me to some Microsoft log in thing. Has anyone else gotten something different with the link?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

i got the same thing. they's trolling our asses
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Haha gaslight just tweeted basically the same message and their link worked. It was just a link to the red bull sound select page where you RSVP. Nothing new.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:33 am

LiveFastDieOld wrote:
Hey guys... good news... got word from Andy Diamond those sweet Molly and the Zombies posters will be handed out for free at the show in NYC!

Crap, I want one so bad  Sad 
Back to top Go down
redskynight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redskynight

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:05 pm

I will be there!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Get to merch fast!

Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Image10
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 7:56 am

where could i buy that one. is that a show exclusive? it looks like a s1d picture !?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 8:28 am

sinkorswimmydear wrote:
where could i buy that one. is that a show exclusive? it looks like a s1d picture !?

It's designed by Rockets Are Red (http://www.rockets-are-red.com/) and as far as I know there will only be a limited batch printed and sold at the show directly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 am

So will anyone be able to record and make a bootleg of tonight's show?

Im in upstate NY so I can't make it Sad
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:28 pm

I can not make it too... I live in Europe -.-
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:57 am

so nobody went? Razz no way!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:47 am

Haha people went. I was there, so was Laura (flannel), Andrew (Debonair), Lorraine (NeverTrustAJunkie) and probably more who I didn't see! It didn't appear to sell out though, or if it did it was long after doors because the place was maybe 1/3 full when Jared went on.

The show was truly wonderful. Jared had a nice short set. He's always a joy to watch and it was nice to see that he got a decent response from the crowd. Dave was fantastic and also quite hilarious. You know how when you take a week+ off from work or a hobby or whatever and the first day back you're kinda like "ahh" and so discombobulated but you just jump in anyway? He seemed kinda like that. But he was crazy energetic and interactive with the crowd. He played for just about an hour I believe and got quite a response from the crowd although I was totally disappointed with the crowd's lack of response to Pretty Good Year because I LOVE that song and no one seemed to know it. Still thrilled he played it.

MATZ was just awesome. Their set was, I believe, about 45 minutes, but they played a handful of covers (I'll post the setlist), a couple of Brian McGee's new songs, and then of course the MATZ songs. Every cover was an excellent choice. In fact I think the Bob Dylan cover they did was my favorite of the entire set because it was so well done and Brian was like "HorribleCrowes Troubadour show"-intense during it. No 7th and Union. I have videos. Those will be on youtube soon. No idea if they're good. Everything was just passionate and fun, and the whole band was making faces at each other and it was all kinds of entertaining.

Afterwards, we slowly got pushed out of the venue by security despite everyone (but Brian) milling around on the floor talking with people. Benny and Alex R. were there too. And actually a side door stayed open so we walked back in and chatted with Benny. A little while later we saw Brian finally come out and normally I'd let him go but it's been a year and a half since I've talked to the man so I stopped him. He seemed in kinda a rush but then the three of us got talking with him about fanclub stuff and what not (I'll let Andrew post about what was said) so we chatted for a little while. Also got to talk to the always charming Andy Diamond and accidentally threw him under the bus by mentioning to Brian that he told us the album would come out in September and Brian responded by saying Andy doesn't even know when it's coming out, haha. Brian did say it will "still be warm" when it comes out and we'll have a lot more info coming our way soon. Honestly, there was probably more that went on tonight that I'm forgetting but my brain is so fried right now from exhaustion.

Oh! and Jesse Malin popped outta nowhere and sang I Walked With a Zombie with the band at the very end of the set.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:15 am

I'm just soaking it all in still. Too blown away. Reconnected with jared, andy, Benny. Met jeff (el jefe rockets are red) and Kevin slack. The most chill and awesome people you will ever meet. Read Shelby's post for more. Might post more after it all sinks in. I did try to boot the whole show, (including jared and Dave) don't think it turned out well. I'll have to listen.

But All I have to say is thank you crossroads crew. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:19 am

Debonair wrote:
I'm just soaking it all in still. Too blown away. Reconnected with jared, andy, Benny. Met jeff (el jefe rockets are red) and Kevin slack. The most chill and awesome people you will ever meet.  Read Shelby's post for more. Might post more after it all sinks in. I did try to boot the whole show, (including jared and Dave) don't think it turned out well.  I'll have to listen.

But All I have to say is thank you crossroads crew. Thank you.

The audio on my videos came out clearer than I expected so you might get lucky with your audio.

Aw I forgot about Jared. He's such a sweet guy. I wish I talked to him more but I never know what to say.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:15 am

Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Img_2410

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:37 am

Here's my footage from the Dylan cover (Ballad of a Thin Man). It's not the whole thing, but you get the idea. Sorry Brian's face is covered, I put the camera down and just pointed it towards the stage while I actually watched them. So great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB5SNMpewpM&feature=youtu.be

Also I'm just gonna say it- Cat's hot.  Cool
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:55 am

Dave by himself was worth that three dollar ticket price. So much heart in every song. Got to meet him for the first time at the bar real quick after his set. Still had his guitar on him because he went literally right from the stage to the bar. Such a cool guy. Also I didn't see the posters anywhere at the show then on the train home there people with like two or three. When/Where did they have them at the show cause I asked Danny at merch (rocking that NYR gear Lets go Rangers!) and he wasn't sure.

Luckily saw Rockets are Red are putting them on sale at noon so I'll get one that way.

Overall a great time.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:18 am

What time did the show end?
Back to top Go down
ACA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:39 am

Some video clips and photos from last night are here.

Long Drives
Red Lights
Lucky
Ophelia (The Band cover)
Hand in Hand (Brian McGee song)
Final Vow (Brian McGee song)
Sketchy
Ballad of a Thin Man (Bob Dylan cover)
Smoke
I Walked with a Zombie (Roky Ericskson and the Aliens cover)

Killer performance and a really fun time.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicawareness.net
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:47 am

Shelby nailed it -- but man, what a night and what a show.

I'll just add --that Ophelia cover? Wow. Brian F was channeling Levon Helm and Brian M was channeling Robbie Robertson. No, I'm not exaggerating.

Also -- when Brian F played lead guitar on Brian M's "Hand in Hand" -- and ended by shaking his fingers in pain, with a big smile on his face.

Edited to answer Eamon's question: it was done around 11:45 or so.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:33 pm

^^ Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Poster is up on Rockets are Red. 5 randomly inserted ones will have Brian's signature on them.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:56 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Shelby nailed it -- but man, what a night and what a show.

I'll just add --that Ophelia cover? Wow. Brian F was channeling Levon Helm and Brian M was channeling Robbie Robertson. No, I'm not exaggerating.

Also -- when Brian F played lead guitar on Brian M's "Hand in Hand" -- and ended by shaking his fingers in pain, with a big smile on his face.

Edited to answer Eamon's question: it was done around 11:45 or so.

I agree with all of this! It was actually awesome seeing Fallon play lead. He was fantastic. Covers don't usually excite me that much but these ones were awesome. And McGee's songs we a lotta fun.
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Sounds like it was pretty awesome. So what do you guys think will become of this band? They had to find a recording loop hole to release the five originals through Red Bull. Was it a packed house? Looking forward to hearing the audio. Cool to see them play some covers as well.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:59 pm

Keele wrote:
Sounds like it was pretty awesome. So what do you guys think will become of this band? They had to find a recording loop hole to release the five originals through Red Bull. Was it a packed house? Looking forward to hearing the audio. Cool to see them play some covers as well.

I mean, from what Brian said during the show, I got the impression that they're kinda playing it by ear but they enjoy playing with each other so maybe they'll make up some more songs down the road and maybe do more shows as opportunities arise.

It was not a packed house at all from what I could see, unless a lot of people came late. It did fill in more when they went on but I don't think it ever sold out. Also, I don't think they'd have the same issue down the road with recording. I mean, it depends on Brian's contract with Mercury, but he specifically had been contracted (I believe) to put out these songs on a solo record. That's why he had to work around it. So unless he has a deal with them where anything he produces has to go through them, then he shouldn't have an issue for future songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show   Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly and the Zombies 6/5 Brooklyn Red Bull Show
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next