DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack White New Solo Album

Go down 
+3
Jack
HolyBreakOfDay
zerb012345
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Jack White New Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Jack White just announced his new solo album Lazaretto today! First track can be heard here:

looks like a great vault package too:

Jack White New Solo Album V2070010

Sounds incredible. Man, this is gonna be a good year, between new Gaslight and this!
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:57 pm

I like this song a lot! I hope the whole album's gonna be as good as this
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:54 pm

It will probably be better, saying we'll have lyrics and such. And we know there'll be heavier songs and folkier songs along with badass solos. Will no doubt rival anything released this year.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Man, he lost me a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Another new song from the Album.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:41 am

Shit's gettin crazy. Blunderbuss took getting used to for me but I ended up loving it a lot.
Hopefully this album will be similar. Definitely kinda weird to me but I'm excited to listen to the full album
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 am

It's incredible though. I love it.
Did you realize how he referred to God as a she? Interesting he'd do that.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 4:59 pm

hmm. jack white has always struck a strange balance between feminist and misogynist. definitely makes his songs more interesting

EDIT: What I mean is, his relationship and view of women has always been complicated. The Blunderbuss album specifically makes it seem like his life is defined by women and at the mercy of women, so it actually kinda makes sense that he'd call God a she
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Now that you say that, you're right. He likes the controlling factor women have. In "Inaccessible Mystery" (a b-side from the Blunderbuss sessions) he says "a women is more powerful than a man, this I know, and I think you know this too" (in my opinion, that song should have made the record, but that's a different story.)

In other news, purchased that vault package above. So stoked, gonna be sweet.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Another new one. REALLY good, in my opinion.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lazaretto-premiere-hear-jack-whites-driving-blues-just-one-drink-20140516
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Not that anyone here cares, but my vault package (look above) just shipped. Will post pictures when I get it.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Just listened to this "Just One Drink" song. I think it has a really similar sound to "Langhorn Slim" - so if you enjoyed this Song i highly recommend this guy to you!

On another site somehow i really can't get into this Jack White Hype at all :DI like 7 Nation Army (as i think mostly anyone on this planet) and i listen to some of his songs every now and than but i just can't see his genius :(maybe i'm just to dump - so i'll look forward to the new LP to maybe lighten up my mind Smile
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:32 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Not that anyone here cares, but my vault package (look above) just shipped. Will post pictures when I get it.

Shit man, you really, really love Jack White don't you???
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:41 pm

I do. My username on a few other websites (like facebook, imgur) is actually TheJackWhiteAnthem. (Mixing Gaslight Anthem and Jack White. It even has the same sound to it haha).

And Hanswurst; not everyone does. It's alright Very Happy There's just something about what he does.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:49 am

The new record is currently streaming on iTunes. I just gave it a listen and I'm enormously impressed. I like Jack White but often his stuff doesn't blow me away; this time is different. There's a definite country vibe to much of this album: rolling piano, fiddles, subtle guitar work, etc. If anything it feels like a sequel to Get Behind Me Satan, which happens to be my favorite White Stripes album. I can honestly say I'm psyched for this one. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 am

Thunder Peel wrote:
The new record is currently streaming on iTunes. I just gave it a listen and I'm enormously impressed. I like Jack White but often his stuff doesn't blow me away; this time is different. There's a definite country vibe to much of this album: rolling piano, fiddles, subtle guitar work, etc. If anything it feels like a sequel to Get Behind Me Satan, which happens to be my favorite White Stripes album. I can honestly say I'm psyched for this one. Very Happy 

GBMS is my favorite Stripes album too! I agree with everything you were saying. It certainly is country with some heavier stuff thrown in there.

USPS just told me the Vault Package is at my local post office! Now just to wait till after I get out of school...2:30 can't come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Well, it's here. And while looking through the book I found a picture of Catherine Popper. Then, I looked through the credits and saw she played bass on 4 of the 11 songs on Lazaretto. Pretty cool.
They are:
Temporary Ground
High Ball Stepper
Just One Drink
I Think I Found the Culprit

If anyone wants pictures of either the entire package or of the few that are of Cat in the book let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack White New Solo Album   Jack White New Solo Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack White New Solo Album
Page 1 of 1