DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)

Go down 
+5
HorribleCrowe
NeverTrustAJunkie
colmillionaire
CluckyB
DeathoftheCool
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Empty
PostSubject: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Hey there boys and girls!
Here's Chris Farren's side project with his friend Jeff Rosenstock, Antarctigo Vespucci. This first song is pretty bananas, I like it a lot. And guess who's playing drums?? It's Benny from our favorite band, the Gaslight Anthem! Woo hoo! Reminds of those pop-punk bands from the 90s and 2000s, very cool

https://soundcloud.com/user3105090/antarctigo-vespucci-im-giving
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:23 pm

JESS ROSENSTOCK IS THE MAN.

but seriously...where is the new Fake Problems record?

also I love this band name
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
JESS ROSENSTOCK IS THE MAN.

but seriously...where is the new Fake Problems record?

also I love this band name

If the whole album is as phenomenal as Im Giving Up On U2 then honestly I'm okay.

Of course, if Chris wants to release a new Fakey P album as well and have the two *top* albums of the year, I'd be okay with that too.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm

http://www.avclub.com/article/antarctigo-vespucci-goes-all-out-fuzz-soulmate-stu-203120

album streaming. give it a listen dummies. two songs in and already love it.

finished the whole thing.  Clap 

will of course have to see how much staying power it has but really this is probably going to be my AotY. Amazing from the first song to the last song.

All I wanna do is fade out with you
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap excellent
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Every song but 100 Years 2: 200 Years is amazing. (100 Years 2 is still pretty good, but I like the arrangement the first time better. Love the name though).

Bang! is probably my favorite though. Like Brian, Chris's best stuff are when he slows it down and gets soulful.

Tempted to fly out to NYC for their show but know better.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:26 pm

I'm in the camp where I'm more of a fan of Chris Farren's Internet personality rather than his music. This is ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:27 pm

the beginning of guest list spots sounds like a song off of Graceland  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:45 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
I'm in the camp where I'm more of a fan of Chris Farren's Internet personality rather than his music. This is ok.

Only "ok"? Fine go listen to your Iron Spraynard records I'll keep loving this  Smile Do you like BtMI? (I don't love them as much as I like Fakey Ps, but they are still pretty good and I think this record takes the best parts of both bands)

Probably listened to Bang! like ten times now (normally its rare if I listen to the same song more than twice in a day, even for new music). I think it might surpass HeartBPM as my favorite song of Chris's.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 pm

Haha, will do. Glad I gave it a chance though. BtMI! is great, I just think this is okay (I have the same opinion about Fake Problems as you already know).
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:56 am

this is cool and all but BtMi! does more to me than this.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:03 am

My first reaction is that it's very bubble-bum pop rock and I don't know what to do with it. But sometimes your day calls for bubble-gum pop rock. It reminds me of Weezer, which isn't a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 9:41 am

This record made my week, last week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 3:19 am

I really like the two 100 years song...but mostly cause of the lyrical content.

This is a good placeholder till the new Fakey Ps album I guess.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 3:52 am

Honestly like this more than any Fakey Ps album ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:22 am

I've just moved this from 'Other Bands' to 'Side Projects', so that more people realize that the one and only Benny Horowitz plays drums on this.

download and vinyl from http://quoteunquoterecords.com/qur072.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks for the bump! I like it.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 10:36 am

New stuff out. Album 7/24

http://www.stereogum.com/1813972/antarctigo-vespucci-impossible-to-place-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:16 pm

The new song is very summery, I'm feeling it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 10:25 pm

They have a show in Brooklyn in December just wanted to make sure Benny was still playing with them? Was thinking of going and checking them out if he still was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)   Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Antarctigo Vespucci (feat. Benny)
Page 1 of 1