DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i could really use some help, still pretty new

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
landan101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

i could really use some help, still pretty new Empty
PostSubject: i could really use some help, still pretty new   i could really use some help, still pretty new Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:50 pm

so ive been teaching my self to play guitar for almost a year now and i have some questions
Eb tunning, i think thats it, how do i do that with a standard tunner ?
and some of the songs, especially 1930 ( the one im dying to learn)
sound odd when i play them on acoustic, which is what i pay on, any help with this ?
thanks guys
and hopefully jukebox, because i mean, your amazing at guitar it seems
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: i could really use some help, still pretty new   i could really use some help, still pretty new Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:25 pm

There's usually some button on your tuner that you can press, I have a Korg GA-30 Tuner and it has a button that says "Flat" that you need to press on to get it to change to Eb.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: i could really use some help, still pretty new   i could really use some help, still pretty new Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:27 pm

well, all gaslight songs are played in D tuning when played live. with this, the chords for 1930 (Verse: Gm Eb Bb F / Chorus: Bb F Gm Eb) are played with the formations of these chords in standard tuning: Verse: Am F C G / Chorus: C G Am F

if you're playing in Eb tuning, play the chords with the same standard tuning formations as: Verse: Abm Eb B Gb / Chorus: B Gb Abm Eb

to get to Eb tuning, just tune each string down half a step. the name of the chord will be the same, though the formation shifts to the formation of the chord half a step higher than the actual pitch of the chord (Eb is played as E, Bb is played as B, etc.)

here's Eb tuning, just to make sure you're tuning it right:
e ---> eb / d#
B ---> Bb / A#
G ---> Gb / F#
D ---> Db / C#
A ---> Ab / G#
E ---> Eb / D#

when i did the tabs a few months ago, i did them individually, and just put them in the tuning that was closest to standard (usually Eb), so people wouldn't have to adjust the tuning much. i should have just done them in D tuning, since all the songs are actually played live in D tuning

hope that helped. ask me anything you need clarification on, as it's kinda hard to explain
Back to top Go down
landan101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: i could really use some help, still pretty new   i could really use some help, still pretty new Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:46 am

no that helps, i think i get it now thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rosstbh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rosstbh

PostSubject: Re: i could really use some help, still pretty new   i could really use some help, still pretty new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:56 am

Guess this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone know the strum patterns for "red at night"?

Just starting to learn guitar and that song has all chords I can play and i'd like my first proper song to be a Gaslight one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i could really use some help, still pretty new   i could really use some help, still pretty new Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i could really use some help, still pretty new
Page 1 of 1