DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arliss Nancy

Go down 
+4
eagles1139
The Angry Johnny Revue
HolyBreakOfDay
bringiton_ty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 5:32 am

Anybody listened to these guys? I am really enjoying this band. Bought the album "Simple Machines" it's awesome! very southern/rock/punk with a lot of heart and soul. Typical I get into this band like a couple of months after they have left the UK on their tour
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 4:41 pm

I listened to them a while ago but I thought they didn't release anything scratch I'm gonna look for Simple Machines 'cause I was waiting for an album of this band, thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Bar a couple of songs don't really rate the new record but last year a mate and I trecked up to see them live. There were only a handful of people there and I was the only one singing along to all the words but they are such top blokes we got to hand out with them for the rest of the night until they had to bail to New Jersey. The drummer even bought us all pizza. Simple Machines is the perfect combination of Lucero and Gaslight. That whiskey stained vocals with singalong chorus hooks. Definitely worth checking out for anyone on this forum.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:44 pm

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
I listened to them a while ago but I thought they didn't release anything scratch I'm gonna look for Simple Machines 'cause I was waiting for an album of this band, thanks!

They've got a new album Wild American Runners, way better than Simple Machines IMO
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:23 pm

Aw man Damian from the Mostly Harmless podcast loves these guys and was their tour manager. you guys should check out that podcast it has some great interviews with bands like the wild, the menzingers, bouncing souls, lucero, chuck ragan, and frank turner
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 6:57 pm

Listened to Wild American Runners for like 3 days and kinda forgot about the guys than because they've got nothing which caught my ears - all songs sounded more or less the same to me..

but i think i'll give them another listen in the near future Smile
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:09 am

Glad to see some other fans of this band on here Smile "The Angry Johnny Revue" that is awesome you got to see them and share a pizza! I got into Simple Machines much more than I did Wild American Runners to be honest. That album is something I had been searching for in a band for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 1:13 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
Glad to see some other fans of this band on here Smile "The Angry Johnny Revue" that is awesome you got to see them and share a pizza! I got into Simple Machines much more than I did Wild American Runners to be honest. That album is something I had been searching for in a band for quite some time.

just found these guys yesterday thanks to Spotify. They touring Europe right now but when they hit the east coast next I would love to see them.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 7:04 pm

I reviewed their last album and really loved it
https://thesoulofaclown.com/2016/03/14/arliss-nancy-great-divides/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arliss Nancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arliss Nancy   Arliss Nancy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arliss Nancy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: