DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 pm

http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2014/01/14/262485987/a-long-road-to-high-hopes-an-interview-with-bruce-springsteen

Interview that Bruce has done which Brian has posted on his Instagram. He mentions the band and says how, even though influenced, they created their own thing with it. It's a good read. Also, he mentions Against Me's new record and Jason Isbell's which is pretty cool  Very Happy

BS: "I know Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem, he was a fan but he does something, he just manifests something that's completely his. I've played with his band onstage a few times and I love doing it. It's just wonderful. We played in Asbury Park at Convention Hall one night and we did 'American Slang' and it was just great. You hear little bits of [your music in other songs] but then they take it to another place. They take it to a place where you wouldn't have taken it, you know. And that's what you hope for. When you're playing, you hope that somebody hears your voice, is interested in what you're doing and then gathers whatever they think might be of value in it and then moves it down the line."

Last edited by The Last Jukebox Romeo on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: NPR interview: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 pm

yeah I saw it on this instagram Very Happy firstly I read the other article and afterwards I saw the comments beneath ^^ where he said that it was the wrong link ^^
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:35 pm

ahh I see a new thread has been made from this. I was debating whether I should or just post it in Bruce's thread.

....I made the wrong choice.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:29 am

I like how the interviewer mentions Arcade Fire and Bruce blows right past that to mention Brian and TGA  Razz . Probably not an intentional diss on the part of the boss, but it would kinda suck to be a member of Arcade Fire and read that article, haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 am

Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA 01ca095635d57ef43965c3c6a68707efae2aef8b28d24e8315d61a6ed9f7a7ef

Sorry for all my recent meme postings, I feel like a dork, but it's pertinent.

Also, Bruce is probably as disappointed as I am with Arcade Fire's last album  Neutral 
Those passionate Canadians don't need any help
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:02 pm

I read in a Rolling Stone interview recently with Bruce talking about High Hopes - apparently, while they were recording, Brian called him to let him know he planned on doing a cut of Bruce's song The Wall. I got the impression that isn't going to happen though as Bruce "told him we actually just cut that for the album."

If Brian/TGA does a Bruce song, I really hope it isn't The Wall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:04 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA 01ca095635d57ef43965c3c6a68707efae2aef8b28d24e8315d61a6ed9f7a7ef

Sorry for all my recent meme postings, I feel like a dork, but it's pertinent.

Also, Bruce is probably as disappointed as I am with Arcade Fire's last album  Neutral 
Those passionate Canadians don't need any help

Haha, that meme is usually how I feel with this site.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:17 pm

I saw an other article where the journalist wondered why Bruce didn't already record an album with The Gaslight Anthem. Unfortunately the interview is in Spanish and I don't understand it, a friend of mine told me about it.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
I saw an other article where the journalist wondered why Bruce didn't already record an album with The Gaslight Anthem. Unfortunately the interview is in Spanish and I don't understand it, a friend of mine told me about it.

Do you mean the journalist was wondering why Bruce and Gaslight haven't done an album together? If that's the case, I really can't see Brian doing that for long, long time.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:54 pm

I think so, she ( friend of mind) wrote me that the journalist wondered why Bruce does not record an album with a younger band such like The Gaslight Anthem. I'm not sure that the translation is right, but she wrote sth like that.  
so here's the link , maybe she had understood sth wrong... but be careful she also wrote me that it is a bad review about Bruce's album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA   Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen comments on Brian Fallon & TGA
Page 1 of 1