DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with Alex L and Benny

Go down 
+6
JimmyB
White Man In Hammersmith
Harbortown
bringiton_ty
StitchesOnTheRadio
matkins
10 posters
AuthorMessage
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

Interview with Alex L and Benny Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Here is a recent interview with Alex L and Benny. Pretty interesting! They talk about their friendship, writing processes, and the live DVD. Benny says he thinks it will be part of a re-release of Handwritten. scratch My thoughts are similar to his. A re-release must be driven by the label (obviously).
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:38 am

I love Alex's eyeroll when they're talking about what the label might be planning regarding this re-release.

I'd love to get the DVD, but this re-release is gonna have to have more than a few covers to get me to buy it. I'm sick of gimmicky shit and clearly still bitter about wasting $60 on a falsely marketed, over-priced, "super deluxe" version of this album, haha. Also, the album's been out what..a year and a half? can we wait like a decade before we talk about a re-release? 10-year anniversary perhaps? or, like normal artists, 40 year anniversary?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:58 am

That sucks if it is part of a re release. Great idea..... re release it as part of most fans probably least favourite album. Yeah Shelby it's only been a short time since it was first released which makes no sense. Seems like a shameful ploy to rob loyal fans of money. This should be sold seperately and preferably with loads of features on the dvd
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:24 am

The idea of re-releasing Handwritten, especially this early, does sound like a really stupid idea. Honestly though I think Benny and Alex seem to agree with that sentiment, it appears to me that it's a label decision that's kind of out of their hands.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:31 am

If the DVD is only available by purchasing 'Handwritten' AGAIN, then count me out! Haha
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 am

I gotta agree. At least make it worth repurchasing, with more than just a DVD.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Interview with Alex L and Benny Mercury-stop-trying
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:29 pm

This sounds like a reboot of what they originally planned to sell for Record Store Day last year. If I remember right, they originally announced a special CD/live DVD combo for Record Store Day but ended up just selling copies of the "super deluxe" CD.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:29 pm

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
If the DVD is only available by purchasing 'Handwritten' AGAIN, then count me out! Haha
Green Day did the same for Europe, you have to buy their album "¡Tré!" again to get their DVD....
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
This sounds like a reboot of what they originally planned to sell for Record Store Day last year. If I remember right, they originally announced a special CD/live DVD combo for Record Store Day but ended up just selling copies of the "super deluxe" CD.
I had forgotten about that! I wonder if they originally thought it might be ready in time for RSD?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:58 pm

I hope it isn't a buy both or neither kind of deal, becuase then it might no sell that well and they (or the label at least) might think it's because we don't want the DVD. Although, if I'm being real, I don't know how well many of us will resist buying it just for the DVD. Unless it's outrageously priced.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 6:27 pm

i thought the part of the interview where they talked about their musicianship and wanting to improve their playing on the bluesy songs was really interesting and exciting
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:15 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
i thought the part of the interview where they talked about their musicianship and wanting to improve their playing on the bluesy songs was really interesting and exciting

Opposite for me haha If the new record is gonna be more heavy blues riffs then I'll be gutted. TGA for me are at their best on songs like 45, Howl, Handwritten etc at least as far as the newer stuff is concerned. Halloween was a great tune so I'm hoping they may go in that direction. Not a fan of the Pearl Jam type songs on Handwritten.

In truth we'd all love a 59 Sound part 2, right? Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Alex L and Benny   Interview with Alex L and Benny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with Alex L and Benny
Page 1 of 1