DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's Instagram

Go down 
+13
jonester
bringiton_ty
jensomniac
thomas94
Harbortown
enola
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Last Jukebox Romeo
prettyontheinsidex
Jack
StitchesOnTheRadio
Anya_TGA
matkins
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 pm

His Instagram account seems to have been closed. So sad. After he deleted Twitter, I was afraid he might shut it down. It seemed like he was having fun with it, though. Sad 
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:32 pm

matkins wrote:
His Instagram account seems to have been closed. So sad. After he deleted Twitter, I was afraid he might shut it down. It seemed like he was having fun with it, though. Sad 
yeah Sad, I hope he'll come back
I think his twitter account is private, because when you go on his website brianfallon.net and click on twitter, there you can see that it's private
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:53 pm

I think his Instagram is private too because his profile pic is sti there but it says he has no posts yet, that usually means its private.

Edit: or maybe not because that would mean he deleted all (or almost all) his followers which would be a lot more pain in the ass to do than just delete it and start a new private one or something.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Really? Sad
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Meh. I always thought it was strange that he was fine posting pictures of himself on the internet. If he wants to take it down I completely understand and I'm not really surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 pm

bummer, i kind of enjoyed his presence online. He'll probably be back.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:23 pm

prettyontheinsidex wrote:
bummer, i kind of enjoyed his presence online. He'll probably be back.
I hope so
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:41 pm

I guess Brian and the internet is just something that doesn't go hand in hand
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:00 pm

I think he made his twitter and instagram private, maybe because the abuses.
After the concert in Luxembourg, he said that a lot of people abused him via twitter, when they didn't like the concert,or things like that....
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:05 pm

I had one Twitter heckler once and wanted to throttle him. But I just blocked him. I can't imagine what it's like to have bunches of people saying insulting things every day. You can block them of course, but you still have it in your mind what they initially said. Surely it gets annoying, especially if you're not in the best mood that day.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:06 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I had one Twitter heckler once and wanted to throttle him. But I just blocked him. I can't imagine what it's like to have bunches of people saying insulting things every day. You can block them of course, but you still have it in your mind what they initially said. Surely it gets annoying, especially if you're not in the best mood that day.
you're absolutely right, I can't understand why people do that Mad, it's so horrible :/
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 1:10 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
you're absolutely right, I can't understand why people do that Mad, it's so horrible :/
Also consider this, if you or I block them, then oh well they're blocked, sucks for them. If Brian blocks someone, that person could run on here or somewhere else on the internet and start going on about "Brian's such an asshole, a made a joke and he blocked me" and it won't matter what the person actually said to him, people will just be like "wtf he blocked you over a joke? what a dick." And before you know it, it's a big mess. No 
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 am

I think it's very difficult for a 'public person' to engage in fb, twitter, instagram and co, because either you just use only it for posting and ignore all replies or you have to have a very thick skin to laugh about the haters and appreciate the good feedback. But you have to be very selfconfident and strong to be able to do that.

And I know I couldn't do that. First I would be too curious to not to check the replies and I'd feel personally offended if some people (even if only 1 or 2) are constantly critising me / my work or make bad jokes which only they think are funny.

And I don't even talk about the media who will gladly jump on anything that's posted, write about it and most probably twist the words to make them sound more interesting / sensational.

So bottomline, I'm glad I'm not in such a spotlight where people feel the need to discuss my behaviour, successes and mistakes in public without even knowing me and I can totally understand Brian when he decides to delete or make his accounts private. I hope he finds a way to deal with the social networks so he can enjoy them or has the strength to stay away from them....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:02 am

Aw shucks. I really liked his Skeletor posts.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Also consider this, if you or I block them, then oh well they're blocked, sucks for them. If Brian blocks someone, that person could run on here or somewhere else on the internet and start going on about "Brian's such an asshole, a made a joke and he blocked me" and it won't matter what the person actually said to him, people will just be like "wtf he blocked you over a joke? what a dick." And before you know it, it's a big mess. No 
I had another incident last night because I posted a comment about Dave Chappelle's audience. I deleted it but it still showed up on someone's timeline and they got a major attitude with me (I don't even know who they are or if they even follow me). I explained myself with some humility but they ignored what I said back and gave me a bunch of attitude anyway. Some people on the web just want to fight or be negative and that's a fact. I can understand not wanting to be part of that or taking breaks from it when it's constant.

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:42 am

Harbortown wrote:
Aw shucks. I really liked his Skeletor posts.
And this!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 1:43 pm

enola wrote:
I think it's very difficult for a 'public person' to engage in fb, twitter, instagram and co, because either you just use only it for posting and ignore all replies or you have to have a very thick skin to laugh about the haters and appreciate the good feedback. But you have to be very selfconfident and strong to be able to do that.

And I know I couldn't do that. First I would be too curious to not to check the replies and I'd feel personally offended if some people (even if only 1 or 2) are constantly critising me / my work or make bad jokes which only they think are funny.

And I don't even talk about the media who will gladly jump on anything that's posted, write about it and most probably twist the words to make them sound more interesting / sensational.

So bottomline, I'm glad I'm not in such a spotlight where people feel the need to discuss my behaviour, successes and mistakes in public without even knowing me and I can totally understand Brian when he decides to delete or make his accounts private. I hope he finds a way to deal with the social networks so he can enjoy them or has the strength to stay away from them....
yeah, you're right.
I couldn't do it neither, you can ignore it, but it stucks in your mind...
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:15 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Absolutely agree here. It's just a really thin line between not offending people while trying to stay in contact with your fans, and keeping some privateness as a "public" person.Wink I think you just need some special kind of character traits to be able to go on with all the critics (/stuff that is told about you). I mean, there are many people who are much more famous/public, and use all these internet networks for their fans without having these problems. Maybe the attention Brian got on the internet networks reached a level, which was too much for him. I would completely understand if he abandoned instagram/twitter now, I hate getting very much attention/being kinda observed...
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:07 pm

thomas94 wrote:

Absolutely agree here. It's just a really thin line between not offending people while trying to stay in contact with your fans, and keeping some privateness as a "public" person.Wink I think you just need some special kind of character traits to be able to go on with all the critics (/stuff that is told about you). I mean, there are many people who are much more famous/public, and use all these internet networks for their fans without having these problems. Maybe the attention Brian got on the internet networks reached a level, which was too much for him. I would completely understand if he abandoned instagram/twitter now, I hate getting very much attention/being kinda observed...
yeah, I think it's something like that, because not everyone likes the attention...
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 4:50 am

And sometimes, social media becomes a racket not worth all the energy to keep up with. Whatever is shared in pictures or 140 characters, is analyzed, summarized, and deduced by everyone (intentional or not) what that person is thinking, feeling, or even what their whole life must be like. It's only glimpses! Sometimes it's just exhausting and sadly, is no longer fun.

He is definitely missed on Instagram; but dude's gotta do what a dude's gotta do.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:34 am

f*ck the haters Brian! Get back on instagram! I miss his posts Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:20 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
f*ck the haters Brian! Get back on instagram! I miss his posts Smile
I totally agree!!!!
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 pm

the skelator stuff was great
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 pm

It's such a shame that he deleted it, I hope he'll come back very soon
Back to top Go down
mely88
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mely88

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
It's such a shame that he deleted it, I hope he'll come back very soon
I agree, it's a shame and I HOPE the other guys don't follow him Neutral 
It's always the same when musicians post private things like pictures on the internet...sooner or later come some haters who just can't shut up and ruin it all.... Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brian's Instagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's Instagram   Brian's Instagram Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's Instagram
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next