DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+42
Shrewsbury_Stars
zerb012345
Aregular_89
BossTime
MKULTRA
Blues With the Dogs
The_River
Halcyon
Paddy
Christophe
ThereIsAThunder
bringiton_ty
jonester
simo
loazis
Andy_
swimorsink
DeathoftheCool
redheadchick
Mr.Grieves
StitchesOnTheRadio
Holland
colmillionaire
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
Debonair
enola
CluckyB
A_Regular
steph
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Anya_TGA
TGAFAN25
Hanswurst
Labhras
Jack
rumham
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Last Jukebox Romeo
JimmyB
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:20 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
Just got back from Paris and Barcelona. What a long week, but so worth it.

and how was it?

my brother live in Barcelona  Very Happy 

Incredible. Nothing is like it. And that's awesome, maybe by some freak chance I saw him. (without knowing of course)

yeah who knows xD
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Just booked up a holiday with friends for July and didn't realize until just now that i'm due back the day before i'm off to see Neil Young in London. I've got a couple of months of solid praying that there aren't any flight cancellations when i'm out there.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:42 am

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Just booked up a holiday with friends for July and didn't realize until just now that i'm due back the day before i'm off to see Neil Young in London. I've got a couple of months of solid praying that there aren't any flight cancellations when i'm out there.

God be with ye my son
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:55 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:

God be with ye my son

Sure hope so...Neil Young & Crazy Horse supported by the National is just too great to miss.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:34 am

I gotta ask,,,Do I really suck at guitar, and music in general?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 am

I'm seeing the National on Friday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:39 am

Update: MY band kicked me out and said they would possibly take me back in 6 months. What's even the point? I'm never going to be good enough to play anywhere, so I think I may just stop play music for good.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:54 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I gotta ask,,,Do I really suck at guitar, and music in general?
Honestly I think you write some pretty solid lyrics but in terms of guitar playing and especially singing, you've got tons of work to do.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Update: MY band kicked me out and said they would possibly take me back in 6 months.  What's even the point? I'm never going to be good enough to play anywhere, so I think I may just stop play music for good.

Jimmy, I think you should continue to play music. I agree with Harbortown in that your lyrics are pretty legit; the singing and guitar work isn't great, but I can definitely see improvement. If you keep challenging yourself and improving you'll be happy you kept going. If you want to. And I think you do, it seems to bring you joy
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:53 pm

I don't know where else to post this, so I guess here is a good place. Thought I would link you because this issue has come up a few times on DSS.

http://www.themonolith.com/featured/hardcore-dancing-twats/

"Hardcore Dancing is For Twats".
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:43 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I don't know where else to post this, so I guess here is a good place. Thought I would link you because this issue has come up a few times on DSS.

http://www.themonolith.com/featured/hardcore-dancing-twats/

"Hardcore Dancing is For Twats".

This is great. I especially liked:

" Not only do people have to stay out of the way, bit they have to actively pay attention to the whirling dinguses to avoid getting clobbered. Which, naturally takes their attention away from the band."

I've definitely missed chunks of a bands set before because I had to pay more attention to the crowd and it sucks.

Also "whirling dinguses" hahaha.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 4:34 pm

While I haven't been injured by any moshers, I would have to agree that my biggest complaint is that it's a distraction I resent having to deal with. It helps if, when a pit is formed, that they keep activity within the boundaries of the pit, rather than deciding to bang up against everyone along the edges of it.

Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:21 pm

yeah. so many people like this at the gaslight show i saw last year. buncha fucks. like, I love an energetic crowd, but stop running into people like an idiot - imagine someone doing that in any other circumstance, they'd get their ass kicked. especially in a show when everyone else is trying to watch the show. i'm more of a singing along clapping and jumping type of guy.

like, gaslight isn't a very intense band, that type of dancing felt super out of place
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:30 pm

I also hated having to go into "protection mode" to keep the girl with me from having her face bashed in by some idiot. My wife is only tiny anyone hurling their body at her would definitely do some damage. Go bash into each other in the parking lot. Leave me to enjoy what I paid money for without distraction.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Bobul wrote:
I also hated having to go into "protection mode" to keep the girl with me from having her face bashed in by some idiot. My wife is only tiny anyone hurling their body at her would definitely do some damage. Go bash into each other in the parking lot. Leave me to enjoy what I paid money for without distraction.

Oh yeah, if i had went to that show with my girlfriend it'd be a fucking problem, wouldn't even be able to watch the show. idk how shorter people, especially girls, get by at punk shows. gotta be tough
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:50 pm

OMG!!!! I had a big spider in my room, I almost got an heart attack...

(I have an arachnophobia)
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 pm

I hate spiders as well. Oh, I also found probably the best motivational tool-being ticked beyond belief and giving it all you got at something, to prove somebody wrong. In this case, the drummer and every member that voted to kick me out of my band. I'm spending every single freaking free moment to know the 4 songs we had better than the actual musicians who created it. For example....I just spent the last 3 hours working on one song.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:45 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Bobul wrote:

Oh yeah, if i had went to that show with my girlfriend it'd be a fucking problem, wouldn't even be able to watch the show. idk how shorter people, especially girls, get by at punk shows. gotta be tough

As a short girl (5' 3") I can say it's not easy but I've never had a guy protecting me and I've survived just fine. The biggest difference I've noticed in whether or not a girl does okay, keeps her spot up front, etc. is whether or not she's prepared for it. I've seen girls get on the barricade and it's clearly their first time up front and they have no idea what they're in for. Those girls unfortunately are usually gone 5 songs into the show. But if you're ready and willing, the smallest of us can fight to stay up there.

What sucks is, I don't wanna deal with that shit at a Gasllght show, it's just plain dumb. I've missed some of my favorite songs at their shows because people got tooo crazy and when security sucks at catching crowd surfers and they land on your head, it makes for a bad night. And don't get me started on push pits. Moshing, I get (and sometimes enjoy) if you're not a jerk about it, but push pits? no. Who wants to be shoved against the barricade until their ribs break?

Crowds make or break shows much more than the band in my experience.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:15 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Bobul wrote:

As a short girl (5' 3") I can say it's not easy but I've never had a guy protecting me and I've survived just fine. The biggest difference I've noticed in whether or not a girl does okay, keeps her spot up front, etc. is whether or not she's prepared for it. I've seen girls get on the barricade and it's clearly their first time up front and they have no idea what they're in for. Those girls unfortunately are usually gone 5 songs into the show. But if you're ready and willing, the smallest of us can fight to stay up there.

What sucks is, I don't wanna deal with that shit at a Gasllght show, it's just plain dumb. I've missed some of my favorite songs at their shows because people got tooo crazy and when security sucks at catching crowd surfers and they land on your head, it makes for a bad night. And don't get me started on push pits. Moshing, I get (and sometimes enjoy) if you're not a jerk about it, but push pits? no. Who wants to be shoved against the barricade until their ribs break?

I feel like I always end up next to the hugest guy in GA when I go to shows. Like for Gaslight, I swear to god the guy in front of me was 7 feet tall - like at least 6'7". he was cool though
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 6:19 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Bobul wrote:

I feel like I always end up next to the hugest guy in GA when I go to shows. Like for Gaslight, I swear to god the guy in front of me was 7 feet tall - like at least 6'7". he was cool though

At the concert of Rammstein, it's horrible, they punched each other in the face, you arent able to see anything from the show
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Luckily the show I went to in Boston back in 2012 was fine. I was right up front in front of Alex R and had no problems. I would've not enjoyed myself if people started doing that to me.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Once I had a guy protect me and it was awesome. It was Velvet Revolver's first NYC show back in 2004 when they just came out. Roseland was totally packed, probably over capacity illegally because they were the "hot" band of the moment #AncientTimes. Anyway, people were acting insane with their shoving and it was hot as hell. That was the only time I thought I might have to leave the front row. But then out of nowhere, this scary looking metalhead—tall, built like a linebacker, long crazy hair, spiked leather bracelets and all—took pity on me and stood behind me while put his arms on each side of me on the barricade (like a blockade from behind). At first I was nervous, but honestly there was absolutely no funny business from him. Afterwards, I shook hands and thanked him and he just said "Glad to help!" Then he went off into the NYC night. My metalhead guardian angel.  Hug
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:36 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Once I had a guy protect me and it was awesome. It was Velvet Revolver's first NYC show back in 2004 when they just came out. Roseland was totally packed, probably over capacity illegally because they were the "hot" band of the moment #AncientTimes. Anyway, people were acting insane with their shoving and it was hot as hell. That was the only time I thought I might have to leave the front row. But then out of nowhere, this scary looking metalhead—tall, built like a linebacker, long crazy hair, spiked leather bracelets and all—took pity on me and stood behind me while put his arms on each side of me on the barricade (like a blockade from behind). At first I was nervous, but honestly there was absolutely no funny business from him. Afterwards, I shook hands and thanked him and he just said "Glad to help!" Then he went off into the NYC night. My metalhead guardian angel.  Hug

Haha that's an awesome story! Yeah, can't say I'd object to a dude helping to keep the crazy people away but girls aren't always as helpless as one might think. Not gonna lie though, I wish I'd had someone to help me out at the Handwritten album release show. I was front and center on the barricade and was flat out pulled off it at one point. I got back there though. That show was wild and I pretty much only remember 2 songs off the setlist, Mae because it was first and incredible, and Too Much Blood, because it was the one time the crowd completely calmed down. For the rest, I was distracted by the crowd.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Luckily the show I went to in Boston back in 2012 was fine. I was right up front in front of Alex R and had no problems. I would've not enjoyed myself if people started doing that to me.

Are you talking about the one at the Middle East? because that show was great and when Brian told people not to crowdsurf it made my night. Only drag of that show was it was soooo damn hot and you couldn't hear the vocals at all.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:52 pm

zerb012345 wrote:

Are you talking about the one at the Middle East? because that show was great and when Brian told people not to crowdsurf it made my night. Only drag of that show was it was soooo damn hot and you couldn't hear the vocals at all.

Nah it was the House of Blues show in November. They played Halloween for the first time that day. Did you go to that show?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next