DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra Empty
PostSubject: Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra   Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm

http://waltermitty1.bandcamp.com

Gaslight Anthem gets a shoutout! Sing-a-long folk with kazoos, ukeleles, guitars, and various other instruments. Super fun stuff. Some of it reminds of me of Plan-it-X records folk punk. Other songs remind me of Frank Turner (who I'm not a crazy huge fan of, but it works here).

On tour right now with Modern Baseball and Tiny Moving Parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra   Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:57 pm

These lyrics!!! UGHHHHH SO GOOD

"Cause we're all just twenty five words in the obituary section. And everyday is just the passing of time, I think they call this depression.
I'm not lonely, just kinda overwhelmed again. Cause I'm living proof you can still sing the blues in 2011."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra   Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 pm

kinda debating if its worth driving 45mins to see them with modern baseball and summer vacation....I've only listened to Summer Vacation before tho.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra   Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Highly recommend it bud. Tiny Moving Parts on that show too?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra   Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:04 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
kinda debating if its worth driving 45mins to see them with modern baseball and summer vacation....I've only listened to Summer Vacation before tho.

Its Modern Baseball. That should totally be a yes.

Still bummed Modern Baseball couldn't find a Seattle venue to play on Sunday. (at least, that is what I'm telling myself for why they aren't playing here in-between Boise and Portland Smile )

These guys sound pretty cool too at first listen
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra   Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:31 pm

great tune, definitely worth to keep an eye on these guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra   Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra
Page 1 of 1