DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Concerts

Go down 
+5
HolyBreakOfDay
redheadchick
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Last Jukebox Romeo
colmillionaire
9 posters
AuthorMessage
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Hey guys,

What shows are you seeing this summer! Pretty curious if you are doing any festivals, arena shows, club shows, house shows, or whatever. Here is my list. I'm sure I'll be at more houses in Philly because most of the summer has not been announced as of yet.

Menzingers/Fakey P's/Restorations/Captain, We're Sinking - Asbury Lanes
Make Do And Mend/Cheap Girls/ Captain We're Sinking - Barbary
Hostage Calm/Pentimento - Michael Jordan house
The Wild - Wonder Bar
Front Bottoms/The Wild/Cold Fronts - World Cafe Live
Sundials - Siren Records
Masked Intruder/Timeshares - The Fire
Ted Leo/Waxahatchee - Morgans Pier
Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z - Citizens Bank Park
Kid Dynamite/Joyce Manor/Swearin'/Red Hare - House of Vans
Made in America Fest - In front of the art museum in Philly

What are you guys hitting up?

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Man I hate living in the middle of nowhere, literally no one comes near me Sad Anyway so far all I have is:

Hard Rock Calling - Bruce Springsteen, Black Crowes and others
Reading Festival - Chuck Ragan, Alkaline Trio, Frank Turner, Frightened Rabbit, Sharks and others

Man I need to go and find some more concerts...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:04 pm

I went to Governors Ball with mixed results.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Heard it was not the best, and that the weather made it hard for people to enjoy themselves. I only wanted to see Fucked Up and Dinosaur Jr though. From the pictures Fucked Up still looked like they were having a great time.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:52 pm

There are so many great shows this summer:
Yeah Yeah Yeah's
Allen Stone
Walk the Moon
Alabama Shakes
Best Coast
fun w/ Tegan and Sara
The Killers
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:44 am

I don't really likes festivals and all the venues are gonna close for summer in July and August. Maybe the Black Angels le 1st of July in Lausanne.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 am

I normally love festivals, even when I don't know the music of every band on the bill. But to be honest, I wasn't excited about this one and sadly it was cus the weather just defeated me. I don't care about standing in the rain (have stood in a thunder/lightning storm for a show before), but the mud really was a problem. Like it was at a point where I chose not to see a band just because I didn't feel like crossing the giant field and dealing with the mud. Also, I ended up leaving sets like The Lumineers and Nas just because the field that stage was on was a total mess and the vantage points weren't great because everyone was huddled on whatever remotely normal patch of ground they could find.

I saw Fucked Up, who were pretty cool, but missed Dinosaur Jr. They played on Friday, and because the weatherman said it was a bit too dangerous to go out driving, I didn't go down to the show.

Guns N' Roses were awesome! That was my highlight. Also Gary Clark, Jr. was awesome.

I was front row for Kanye, but then he went to the middle of the crowd and I couldn't see. I was afraid to leave my spot in case he came back to the front, plus there were just too many people for me to all of the sudden find a new spot. He was in front of the soundboard, which also obstructed a lot of people's view, and he used the TV screens to show distorted images of himself singing or nonsense graphics of airplanes and runways. As compared to every other band at the fest who used the screens to show what was happening on the stage. So that was a total downer. I was ready to get crazy for him too. But instead I was totally sulking.

I wrote a review of the festival (and got some photos) if you want me to link it.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:38 am

I'm starting the summer/festival season this weekend at Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands. And then:

Gaslight - Dublin
Beady Eye - London
Tim Vantol - London
Gaslight/Killers - Wembley Stadium
Tim Barry - Bristol
Die Toten Hosen/Bad Religion - Cologne
Gaslight - Bielefeld
Apologies I have None - Bochum Total
The Menzingers - Oberhausen
John Allen - Münster
Gaslight - Würzburg and Bochum
Chuck Ragan - Hamburg, Stuttgart, Cologne
Highfield Festival
Reading Festival
Frank Turner - Germany and The Netherlands

Looks like a good summer! Smile Just hope the weather will not be too bad...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 am

Already started last weekend:
The Hillbilly Way/Justin Fabus band

Coming up
Raise your voice show: Local musicians
Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers
SYDNEY HUTCHKO
And anything else that comes up
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:51 pm

I typically always hate outdoor festivals. But I couldn't pass up the chance to see Beyonce for 50 bucks. Wasn't Governors Ball at Randall's Island this year? I went there for Rock the Bells in 07 and got poured on the entire day, it was an absolute nightmare. Did not even stay for Rage Against The Machine.

Link it up, I wanna check em out.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Postal Service/Jenny Lewis at The Mann Center in Philly
Night 1 of This Is Hardcore at the Electric Factory in Philly w/ Kid Dynamite and Boy Sets Fire
As far as festivals go it begins and ends with Warped Tour. I went to my first one in 1996, and have only missed 3. Always fun regardless of the 100 degree weather.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 pm

so far:

gaslight - Luxembourg
ben howard - cologne
lumineers - hanau

still hope for some more shows to go but i gotta see how to manage this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
I typically always hate outdoor festivals. But I couldn't pass up the chance to see Beyonce for 50 bucks. Wasn't Governors Ball at Randall's Island this year? I went there for Rock the Bells in 07 and got poured on the entire day, it was an absolute nightmare. Did not even stay for Rage Against The Machine.

Link it up, I wanna check em out.

Yep-Randall's Island!

All Points West was in Liberty Island Park (I think that's the proper name) and was a mudfest too (in '09), but at least there they had some concrete pathways that helped make it less miserable. Even then, they had to cancel Gaslight and basically anyone playing before 3pm on the Sunday of the festival because it was so bad.

http://www.examiner.com/article/concert-review-governors-ball-kanye-west-guns-n-roses-and-more-rock-nyc The review
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157634054585929/ Photos (including some of Fucked Up)
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Was going on holiday but cant go now so hopefully i'll be going to the Neil Young and Crazy Horse show at the 02 Arena instead in August, just trying to grab myself a ticket from someone that cant go at the moment.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Might have to go to the first night of TIHC to see Kid Dynamite one last time. I dunno if I can make two NYC trips in a months time. I spent 80 dollars yesterday just being in NYC, I've NEVER done that before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Concerts   Summer Concerts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Concerts
Page 1 of 1