DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA Vinyl Master List

Go down 
+16
ExitEnglish
steady now steady now
PFREEZY
azlisa
IKeeptheDiner
ral
waytansea27
tdawg
Tim
kcdc
ksupilot
Stalls_Standing
Asleepontheforestfloor
geezfools
nightmre1225
e7c
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

TGA Vinyl Master List Empty
PostSubject: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:20 am

TGA Vinyl Master List Tga_co10

ADMIN EDIT by steady now steady now:

The original post was by e7c and was a copy of geezfools' vinyl list, which is now out of date, but from which the above image is taken. Rather than updating that vinyl master list as pasted into e7c's post, I have now deleted it. In its place, people are refered to the vinyl list on my own Gaslight Anthem fansite, which is updated continuously. You can find the page at

http://www.gaslightanthem.org/vinyl.htm
Back to top Go down
nightmre1225
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:14 pm

OMG what a beast
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:06 am

yeah Geezfools list is amazing.. it is the second best collection that I know of.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:02 pm

hey cool, no worries. I've actually been selling off my collection slowly. I just have a ton of things going on in my life and as much as I love the band and the music, just have some other priorities in life right now and record collections are below a couple other things. Anyways, the site is still being updated, mainly for the vinyl news and updates. As far as I know, the discography page is up to date and was edited this morning with the addition of the 4th US press, which will throw a pretty big wrench in TGA collectors...
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Hey geezfools, what is that new clear vinyl pressing?
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Quote :
So every couple days or weeks, whenever I remember or am really bored, I cruise through the no idea site and see if they have anything new I missed or new presses. Well, the sink or swim description had changed and instead of the usual green or purple vinyl words, it said now on clear vinyl. I emailed them real quick and this morning it was confirmed that it is a new press on clear vinyl. Very interesting they would do it on clear since gunnar already did a press on clear. So yeah, figured I would let you know. I was told all US presses would be /1000 from now on, so I’m assuming it’s /1000, but will update once I get word on that. You can grab these at no idea right now and I’m sure vinyl collective will have some soon and any where no idea sends vinyl to.

edit: this press is /500 and is supposed to be the last color for the US pressings, they will continue to do clear “Forever” according to the email I just received. Very interesting…

PS. Telling the difference will be easiest by the logos on the back of the LP, if you don’t trust that for some reason, check the etchings…
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:34 am

how exactly do you decipher an etching on the vinyl
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:31 am

It's the writing on the inside of the vinyl. Here's a few pictures:
TGA Vinyl Master List 59soundetch
TGA Vinyl Master List Dsc01298
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:45 pm

I understand it is the etching but is there a standard system that they use? does it refer to a catalog code, can you tell which pressing it is?

In other words, on my SOS White it says: "FLV-205 813"

I am guessing FLV is the place that made the record, 205 is the catalog number and 813 is the record number? does this sound right?
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:36 pm

e6c wrote:
I understand it is the etching but is there a standard system that they use? does it refer to a catalog code, can you tell which pressing it is?

In other words, on my SOS White it says: "FLV-205 813"

I am guessing FLV is the place that made the record, 205 is the catalog number and 813 is the record number? does this sound right?

It's different for ever plant. Just I think their own way of keeping track of things.

This is what I saw on a site online "Matrix
Number/Vinyl Etchings
- Matrix
numbers are alphanumeric codes stamped or scrawled into the run out
groove (inside rim) of a record that indicates one or several of the
following: record label catalog number, mastering codes, stamper codes, name or initials of the mastering
engineer, and/or ciphers indicating the pressing plant or mastering house
used. Sometimes there are inscriptions or phrases (often humorous in
nature) written in the run out groove. These are scribed or stamped by
the mastering engineer as directed by the record label or the band."
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:34 am

Are the black vinyl SOS's only the first pressing? Because I picked up SOS at the Asbury Lanes show in May of 08 and it is on black.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:04 am

yep... you really lucked out there!
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Wow...paid $10 for it. I couldn't believe it when I got it, I was like woah, these are going for like $50 on ebay
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:19 pm

There was a Sink or Swim on Black Vinyl on ebay that went for $200 like a week ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:58 am

yep... I bought it. I have wanted the SOS on black for so long and the day the auction ended was the same day that I got promoted, so I considered it a gift to myself
Back to top Go down
Tim
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:30 pm

i am a black SOS and a white SATQ away from a full collection. so basically $400 from now ill be set haha
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:19 pm

wow, that is pretty awesome... good luck on that black sos... sorry I out bid you on it earlier, if I hear about one going for auction/trade I will make sure to contact you
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Waaaa, wish I had money to buy that stuff! Oh well, I'm happy for the rest of y'all Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Tim
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:46 pm

the white S&TQ is the only thing im missing now
Back to top Go down
waytansea27
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:58 am

Hey I have a Sink or Swim on Hellbent/XoXo records on clear. It's not on the list, the clear sink or swim you show said it was a euro variant put out by hellbent/gunner records, that's not the one I have, I bought mine at a US record store and it's put out by Hellbent/XoXo on clear. Could you help me with the pressing info? I also have '59 sound on Black, is that 1st press /2000? It's not the euro variant.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 pm

the clear sink or swim on hellbent/xoxo is the latest (4th) US pressing. it's out of either 500 or 1000. supposedly all future US pressings will be on clear.
Back to top Go down
waytansea27
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:01 pm

Does anyone know the exact amount it was pressed on, 500 or 1000?
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 pm

waytansea27 wrote:
Does anyone know the exact amount it was pressed on, 500 or 1000?

You can check http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com/discography/ for the most up to date stuff.

I believe it is 500, but more will likely to be pressed if they sell out.

Because the `59 Sound on Black is the standard edition this could be any number.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:13 pm

2 things

One- I feel like a little kid haha. All I got is 59 Sound and SoS(Clear) on vinyl.

Two-The track-listing on mine is messed up in relation too listing on the vinyl playing. I can't remember off the top of my head but it was something I think with 1930 and We Came to Dance. I'll check later. Has this been a thing since the first pressing. I can't compare it to the track-listing on the back of the cd cause I got SoS off of iTunes.:-/
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:20 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
2 things

One- I feel like a little kid haha. All I got is 59 Sound and SoS(Clear) on vinyl.

Two-The track-listing on mine is messed up in relation too listing on the vinyl playing. I can't remember off the top of my head but it was something I think with 1930 and We Came to Dance. I'll check later. Has this been a thing since the first pressing. I can't compare it to the track-listing on the back of the cd cause I got SoS off of iTunes.:-/

The track listing is wrong... and not just on the first pressing! When I was in Germany Brian told me that it was because they let a friend do the track listing figuring it could not be messed up... not only did he get the order wrong, but somewhere (iTunes or the id3 info for SOS lists the NavesAnk blues!)

I have always thought that the backside of SOS (iffy photo and messed up track listing) was not up to par with the beautiful art on the front, the playbill layout and of course the wonderful music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA Vinyl Master List   TGA Vinyl Master List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA Vinyl Master List
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next