DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Grushecky

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Awesome local musician from the Pittsburgh area. Has played on stage and written with Springsteen dozens of times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAuo3-a3Juw Goodbye Steel Town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj51DuSEmK4 Comin Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAf6KzrMsT8 Homestead. One of my personal favorites. Co-written with Bruce Springsteen. From the Album American Babylon
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Below is a recap of one of the most fun shows I've ever attended. It was the middle of a long summer studying for the bar exam and I needed to take a night off:

July 17 / Asbury Park, NJ / The Stone Pony
Notes: At the Joe Grushecky/Soozie Tyrell show at the Stone Pony on Saturday night, a certain Jersey Shore special guest was in the house: Madame Marie! Nah, just kidding -- MM is indeed back on the scene, but it was Springsteen who took the stage for an hour-and-a-half rave-up. For his first performance of the summer, after hanging out offstage with Sean Penn (the two reportedly attended soundcheck together), Bruce joined in midway through Grushecky's set for "Never Be Enough Time." Soon Bruce and Joe were trading off vocals on their co-written "Code of Silence." Joe's son Johnny was there on guitar, after a warm-up set of his own. Soozie and Patti Scialfa pitched in as well: Soozie (who closed her earlier set with a cover of Bruce's "All or Nothin' At All") grabbed her fiddle for "Johnny 99," and Patti came in on "Mustang Sally." Soloing like a madman as usual, Springsteen jammed with the Houserockers through the encores; "Murder Incorporated" wrapped things up around 2:15 a.m.
Setlist:
Never Be Enough Time
Homestead
Code of Silence
Johnny 99 (with Soozie on fiddle)
Pumping Iron
Mustand Sally/Walking the Dog (with Patti & Soozie)
Talking to the King
Down the Road Apiece
Encore:
Have a Good Time But Get Out Alive
Murder Incorporated
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 am

I was at the Nov. 4, 2011 show in Pittsburgh--incredible

Bruce Springsteen Plays Three-and-a-Half Hour Show in Pittsburgh
Joined by Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers, Springsteen performs a 32-song set

Joe Grushecky Main

It's been a long two years since Bruce Springsteen wrapped up his last tour, so when he announced a two-night stand at Pittsburgh's Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall with longtime friends Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers, fans traveled from far and wide to catch the show.

"People have flown to Pittsburgh from all across the world!" Springsteen said early on in the night. "That's almost as crazy as flying to Asbury Park! It's insane! People come from perfectly wonderful places, and they leave them! I met some people from Sweden, and Spain's here too. Even Italy. It's crazy, and the obligation weighs very heavy on my head."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-plays-three-and-a-half-hour-show-in-pittsburgh-20111105
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:27 am

I saw him at the Springsteen Bruce concert last year. I am seeing him again...outdoors IN MY HOMETOWN! I hope they allow cameras....
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 am

JimmyB wrote:
I saw him at the Springsteen Bruce concert last year. I am seeing him again...outdoors IN MY HOMETOWN! I hope they allow cameras....

Even if they don't, just bring yours anyway and take the pictures you'd like to have. You're not hurting anyone and that would probably mean a lot to ya
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:03 pm

I am planning on bringing my "point and shoot" camera. So with any luck that will be okay. I use that camera for railfanning,etc, so I really do not want to have it "taken away", as I hear happens from time to time.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 pm

If they take it away, you'll get it back.

They won't take it away, worst thign they'll do is ask you to either a) put it back in your car or b) not use it
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 pm

This is going to be the first one I try to take a camera to. I didn't dare take it to Springsteen (then again, section 221 in Consol....not a chance I could get photos.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joe Grushecky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Grushecky   Joe Grushecky Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Grushecky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: