DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon solo in Berlin

Go down 
+12
redheadchick
Shrewsbury_Stars
matkins
Rizz
StitchesOnTheRadio
eagles1139
borusse09
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
NeverTrustAJunkie
henn
enola
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:07 am

I think there is gonna be some swearing on the next gaslight album
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

Yes, I think we can safely say that! His voice is sounding great. I just wish the people talking would shut up Mad You are seeing Brian solo. Realize how lucky you are and give the man some respect. If anyone has the rest of the songs, please pass them along!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:15 pm

borusse09 wrote:
I have Old white lincoln, she loves you and national anthem on video. will upload and post links the next days

Hey did you ever get a chance to upload those?

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 am

matkins wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

Yes, I think we can safely say that! His voice is sounding great. I just wish the people talking would shut up Mad You are seeing Brian solo. Realize how lucky you are and give the man some respect. If anyone has the rest of the songs, please pass them along!

Amen to that. I think there's plenty of us who would gladly take those people's spots and not talk. I mean seriously, what could these people possibly have to say that was more interesting than just listening to that! This is worse than the talking in the video where he played the Bright Eyes cover. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:40 am

It's called alcohol and it generally turns people into jerkfaces. Not all the time. But most of the time.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:07 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
It's called alcohol and it generally turns people into jerkfaces. Not all the time. But most of the time.

I never got that. Having a drink or two to loosen up and have fun, I get, but that doesn't make you a jerk. But getting drunk, how do you appreciate the show when you're like that?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:42 am

Saturday night I was front row center for a show that had no security down front. I had 3 morons next to me crazy drunk, swaying back and forth, throwing their fists in my face while shouting to the music (one of them hit me in the side of the face by accident-least he apologized), and one of them kept putting his arm around me trying to talk to me (he was completely incoherent). Then two people away from me, this guy shoved his way up front while flipping all of us off. He ended up getting choked by some girl after a different girl dumped her beer on his head. One of the girls between me and that guy said she shoved him back and said when she did that, he threatened to punch her.

Alcohol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:03 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Saturday night I was front row center for a show that had no security down front. I had 3 morons next to me crazy drunk, swaying back and forth, throwing their fists in my face while shouting to the music (one of them hit me in the side of the face by accident-least he apologized), and one of them kept putting his arm around me trying to talk to me (he was completely incoherent). Then two people away from me, this guy shoved his way up front while flipping all of us off. He ended up getting choked by some girl after a different girl dumped her beer on his head. One of the girls between me and that guy said she shoved him back and said when she did that, he threatened to punch her.

Alcohol Rolling Eyes

I'm laughing but only because I wasn't the one in the midst of that. That's awful. Ugh I hate when people are uncontrollably drunk.

But seriously at an acoustic show? people Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:16 am

There is nothing that any of those people are saying that's as remotely interesting or funny as whatever Brian has to say.

I'm just going to start bringing duct tape to shows and taping people's mouths shut. I think it's only right.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:30 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
matkins wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

Amen to that. I think there's plenty of us who would gladly take those people's spots and not talk. I mean seriously, what could these people possibly have to say that was more interesting than just listening to that! This is worse than the talking in the video where he played the Bright Eyes cover. Evil or Very Mad

The all time worst are the videos from Brian's solo show at the Court Tavern in May 2010. The people talking in those are the worst I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:48 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
matkins wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

I agree with you! But what I understand from my sister was that this was a press show with the aim to do a bit of marketing for Harley Davidson and some other companies so the people invited weren't all necessarilly Gaslight fans. They should still show respect and all but I think booze was free too so people were likely a bit drunk.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:57 am

One of my favorite Brian videos from YouTube is titled 'Brian Fallon destroys douchebag in crowd'. This thread and loud crowds reminded me of it. I can't post the link right now but check it out. Truly hilarious and a great Brian moment.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:11 pm

redheadchick wrote:
One of my favorite Brian videos from YouTube is titled 'Brian Fallon destroys douchebag in crowd'. This thread and loud crowds reminded me of it. I can't post the link right now but check it out. Truly hilarious and a great Brian moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSkAoOUiDsI

This is the one your on about, I thought of the same thing whilst reading through the thread High Five
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

The all time worst are the videos from Brian's solo show at the Court Tavern in May 2010. The people talking in those are the worst I've seen.

The girls screaming for We Did It When We Were Young (I think that was the song, it was something off AS right after the album had leaked online) when Brian obviously wasn't going to play were pretty bad too. I don't know them but I'm pretty sure I hate them.
Back to top Go down
visible_karma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
visible_karma

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:31 pm

At this show in Berlin, there weren't any real fans, it was a private event, most people there were guys from the musicbizz! They weren't really interested in what was going on on stage!
Still disrespectful!
Back to top Go down
borusse09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi guys!
Yes, it's a shame that so many guests were not really interested in his music and real fans had no chance to get in (at least officially). But as already mentioned this was actually a promotion event from Harley-Davidson for the press and Harley Davidson employees.
I also had no invitation but just passed the entrance into the atrium without looking at someone and nobody asked me for an invitation or something Very Happy

Here's my videos:
Old white Lincoln

She loves you

National Anthem
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:17 pm

borusse09 wrote:
I also had no invitation but just passed the entrance into the atrium without looking at someone and nobody asked me for an invitation or something

That's awesome! Good work.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:32 pm

Haha that's awesome. Good job, and thanks for the videos!
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:10 pm

I think this is one of his best solo sets I've been in awhile. Thank you so very much for filming. Last fall, his voice was getting pretty rough, but the break has done wonders for him. Just listened to Old While Lincoln and was really happy to hear him add a snippit of Sweet Carolina by Ryan Adams!!
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:03 pm

The topic isn't that up-to-date anymore, but I just found that video on youtube where you can see Brian talking and a few seconds of his performance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OotIcwz8ox8 I'd die to hear that version of High Lonesome Mad . Even if it's improbable I hope they'll upload the entire performance somewhere. I mean, they seem to have filmed (at least parts of) the concert..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon solo in Berlin   Brian Fallon solo in Berlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon solo in Berlin
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2