DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Penelope
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Penelope

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi fellow fans

Thought I would say a short hello as it well past my bedtime!

I discovered TGA by accident a few months back when I visited a friend of a friend's myspace ... I was immediately drawn to the background music and fell in love with it ... TGA of course.

I felt I was in Heaven when I managed to buy two of the last remaining tickets for their gig at London Astoria (a brilliant venue, soon to be demolished to make way for a new railtrack).

A week before the concert, and as my excitemnet was rising, I was asked to take a group of volunteers around my neighbourhood carol singing to raise money for charity. Without checking my schedule I volunteered. Yes you guessed it, it was the same night at TGA gig at The Astoria. I was faced with a dilemma - Christmas carol singing with a group of children raising money for local charities or TGA at the wonderful, soon to be demolished Astoria!

I guess there was no choice really ... we had a great night in the freezing cold singing our hearts out and rattling our collection cans! We collected just over £220! A great achievement for all involved.

I am now looking forward to the next TGA gig in February at the Shepherd's Bush Empire!

As some of the money raised for our Christmas carol singing is being donated to a local homeless shelter - does this count in the competition??

No harm in asking.

Penelope (my first name)
Fallon (my family name) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:06 am

The guidelines for the contest are really vague... helping out the homeless is what the contest is all about, so I would go ahead and enter it.

Also, glad to have you here... interesting last name
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:06 pm

Hello fellow UK person!
I also missed the gig at the Astoria, haha. My reason wasn't as good as yours though, I was just really ill.
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:08 am

I read in the other post that you are having trouble getting in touch with Volrocks@live.com you just need to send them an email and you will be entered...

...if you are having still having trouble just post about it here and I will get it entered for you (I am the founder of Volunteering Rocks!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: