DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's eating Brian Fallon?

Go down 
+12
azlisa
Jeff
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
Rizz
steph
StitchesOnTheRadio
jzancan
Breanne
Jables
Labhras
lostintheflood
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 pm

lostintheflood wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Probably threads like this?

I mean fuckin a... Maybe sometimes we all get a little too wrapped up in the unimportant shit and need to just appreaciate the music?

Hold up. I think it's a perfectly valid question. Contrary to what other people have said, promotion is an important part of being a professional musician. He used to be good at it, but it strikes me now that since he has a big label to take care of the financial end of promotion, he's being lax and even disrespectful about it. It's easy to not be a dick to an interviewer… they're helping you promote your band, for free.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lostintheflood
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Resident comedian, I gather.
Back to top Go down
http://brailleclub.bandcamp.com
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 am

The band is also helping promote the interviewer's publication though so...

AND YES LABHRAS IS THE COMEDIAN HERE. WHAT ABOUT IT. Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 am

I think it's fair to say that if an artist is a flat out jerk for no reason to an interviewer and doesn't apologize for it then that's not cool. But I don't recall him being flat out jerk, from what I've seen, and when he is a bit short with them or messes with them it's usually because they're asking dumb questions, didn't do their home work, or are being rude themselves.

Most "celebrities" are media trained and they give the same formulaic answers that tell you nothing. They're like politicians. They say things that can't possibly be taken the wrong way by anyone. It's unbelievably refreshing to hear him say whatever he wants to say.

I feel like there's this crazy notion of "evil brian" that goes around sometimes. Like "oh no, brian's not being extra super duper awesome nice 24/7" so he must be mad and he needs to stop that because it's his job to be perfect all the time "like he was before". "he changed", or maybe he's now letting himself to be a real person OMG. <<that there was me being sarcastic and a bit of a jerk to make a point. it's something people do sometimes. doesn't make him a terrible person.

But to be fair, it is a valid question. I agree there. And yeah don't take Labhras seriously, you'll only get mad, haha.

Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Valid question but Brian's just human. good interview/being arsey interview is gonna happen with anybody. especially with a hectic shedule and same questions asked/answered everyday. depends on the day i guess. I mean who can ever for get that "incredibly intimate inteview with Brian Fallon" that still makes me laugh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:02 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

I mean fuckin a... Maybe sometimes we all get a little too wrapped up in the unimportant shit and need to just appreaciate the music?
Clap
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:42 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
I mean who can ever for get that "incredibly intimate inteview with Brian Fallon" that still makes me laugh Very Happy
I watch that on my bad days ahahha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

[quote="Breanne"]
bringiton_ty wrote:
I mean who can ever for get that "incredibly intimate inteview with Brian Fallon" that still makes me laugh Very Happy
I watch that on my bad days ahahha[/quote

haha brightens any day that video cheers ]
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Quote :
they're asking dumb questions, didn't do their home work, or are being rude themselves.

This happens so much! I'm often embarrassed for the interviewer when this happens cus you can totally tell when they're half assing it.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Breanne wrote:
bringiton_ty wrote:

That Red Bull interview gets me everytime (especially the Mayans and their shoes). I've never seen him like that! While absolutely hilarious, it is also a little odd. Was he having too much Red Bull ? Laughing bounce I think it should be required viewing for every fan. He certainly didn't hold anything back- hahaha
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Dont think ive seen that one! definately viewing soon as i get home
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:06 pm

matkins wrote:
Breanne wrote:
bringiton_ty wrote:

That Red Bull interview gets me everytime (especially the Mayans and their shoes). I've never seen him like that! While absolutely hilarious, it is also a little odd. Was he having too much Red Bull ? Laughing bounce I think it should be required viewing for every fan. He certainly didn't hold anything back- hahaha

Haha wasn't that interview where this all started? I remember watching it, cracking up, and then going on the internet and everyone was like "Bahhhh Brian sucks" and I was like "did I miss something?"

Still love that interview even if he was, as he put it, "a cranky baby" that day.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:08 am

lostintheflood wrote:
Resident comedian, I gather.
you're right sorry i'll try again.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:15 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
that's an interesting point. but i am of the opinion that after a long day of doing interviews talking about the gaslight anthem, doing in store acoustic shows to promote the gaslight anthem, playing gigs as the lead singer of the gaslight anthem and talking to fans of the gaslight anthem, brian fallon does not go home and decide to relax by checking out a website orientated around the gaslight anthem, and cry when someone makes an unflattering post about him on said gaslight anthem orientated website.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 am

lostintheflood wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Hold up. I think it's a perfectly valid question. Contrary to what other people have said, promotion is an important part of being a professional musician. He used to be good at it, but it strikes me now that since he has a big label to take care of the financial end of promotion, he's being lax and even disrespectful about it. It's easy to not be a dick to an interviewer… they're helping you promote your band, for free.

that is a respectable standpoint i appreciate your views both as a fan of the band and as a person. but i would like propose an alternative argument. maybe, in some instances, the interviewer is paid to be there? and doing interviews is conducive to his/her employers making money? i would go as far to say that it is the interviewer who owes the artist as without them they would have no one to interview, but without the interviewer the artist would have, well, his art i guess? given that making songs and performing them is what brian is paid to do perhaps, and this is just me spitballing here, but perhaps it's unfair of us to expect him to oblige us with a perpetual happy go lucky witty version of himself just so we can feel like he's actually one our friends saying hello to us through interviews because he's too busy to actually visit and hang out. but we know that he totally would if he had the time. but of course i stand to be corrected.

Last edited by Labhras on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:44 am

OH MOTHER OF GOD I FORGOT TO PUT IMHO. SHIT. HOW WILL YOU KNOW THAT'S MY OPINION? AND HOW WILL YOU KNOW HOW HONEST IT IS???
Back to top Go down
lostintheflood
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:56 am

Labhras wrote:

that is a respectable standpoint i appreciate your views both as a fan of the band and as a person. but i would like propose an alternative argument. maybe, in some instances, the interviewer is paid to be there? and doing interviews is conducive to his/her employers making money? i would go as far to say that it is the interviewer who owes the artist as without them they would have no one to interview, but without the interviewer the artist would have, well, his art i guess? given that making songs and performing them is what brian is paid to do perhaps, and this is just me spitballing here, but perhaps it's unfair of us to expect him to oblige us with a perpetual happy go lucky witty version of himself just so we can feel like he's actually one our friends saying hello to us through interviews because he's too busy to actually visit and hang out. but we know that he totally would if he had the time. but of course i stand corrected.

Much better Wink
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:02 am

steph wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Clap

Now, I read this thread twice and still don't know what the issue is supposed to be. So, I'll go with what 'rkirkpatrick25'* wrote and "steph" applauded to.

Last edited by Definitely_Josef on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 am

lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:

that is a respectable standpoint i appreciate your views both as a fan of the band and as a person. but i would like propose an alternative argument. maybe, in some instances, the interviewer is paid to be there? and doing interviews is conducive to his/her employers making money? i would go as far to say that it is the interviewer who owes the artist as without them they would have no one to interview, but without the interviewer the artist would have, well, his art i guess? given that making songs and performing them is what brian is paid to do perhaps, and this is just me spitballing here, but perhaps it's unfair of us to expect him to oblige us with a perpetual happy go lucky witty version of himself just so we can feel like he's actually one our friends saying hello to us through interviews because he's too busy to actually visit and hang out. but we know that he totally would if he had the time. but of course i stand corrected.

Much better Wink
don't you wink at me.
Back to top Go down
lostintheflood
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am

Labhras wrote:
lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:

Much better Wink
don't you wink at me.

How about a hug? You sound like you could use one.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:41 pm

lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:
lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:

Much better Wink
don't you wink at me.

don't touch me. nothing gives you that right.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Labhras wrote:
lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:
lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:

Much better Wink
don't you wink at me.

if it dresses like a slut, and talks like a slut...
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:01 pm

steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:
lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:
lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:

Much better Wink
don't you wink at me.

A little tense over here ... Suspect
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Definitely_Josef wrote:
steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:
lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:
lostintheflood wrote:
Labhras wrote:

Much better Wink
don't you wink at me.

A little tense over here ... Suspect

maybe you should get out of Lawrence's butthole Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

It's really too cold to get out of anywhere today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eating Brian Fallon?   What's eating Brian Fallon? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's eating Brian Fallon?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next