DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film

Go down 
+57
thomas94
Yozzy
Ghost
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Coma Girl
Jerseyrain
CluckyB
moconnell23
rem999
Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool
ral
onbackstreetsinbackseats
pauldt1969
turnitin2004
kevin_slack
Rizz
thevachon
NYYFAN523
El Jefe
matkins
19thirty
steady now steady now
SirBrad
prettyontheinsidex
Zach_Edelman
fatbench
rumham
f1schu111
NeverTrustAJunkie
bringiton
borrowedcar
Debonair
loazis
Shrewsbury_Stars
TGAFAN25
33RPMHero
DiamondSinatra
zerb012345
brucesboots
AngryJohnnyN1930
acousticbandit
AGoodTime
HorribleCrowe
TGAforLIFE
azlisa
CapedAvenger
StitchesOnTheRadio
CasanovaBaby90
bringiton_ty
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
njguy99
Down by the Mersey
enola
Labhras
Hanswurst
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
pauldt1969
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 pm

19thirty - you probably know this already but just in case you don't...

If you do get it framed, autographs shouldn't come into contact with the glass as it won't do them any good. A frame that provides a gap between the poster and the glass is essential.

Also, you should use archival glass - otherwise the autographs will fade even if the frame isn't exposed to direct light.

I learnt the hard way...
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Quote :
Cant figure out which alex is which.
I can understand about being upset about bends in the poster, but complaining about their actual handwriting? scratch

That was near the bottom of things I wasn't happy with. I understand autographs can be messy but these are close to illegible. But if the poster didnt come bent and also in black lettering i probably wouldnt have even mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:13 am

pauldt1969 wrote:
19thirty - you probably know this already but just in case you don't...

If you do get it framed, autographs shouldn't come into contact with the glass as it won't do them any good. A frame that provides a gap between the poster and the glass is essential.

Also, you should use archival glass - otherwise the autographs will fade even if the frame isn't exposed to direct light.

I learnt the hard way...

Thanks for the tips! I think I will frame this one much more carefully. I mentioned that I couldn't tell their signatures apart, but didn't mean it as a complaint. I was just wondering which was which.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:25 am

What a Face
mostly joking... mostly
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 am

They should at the very least let you return it, I'm sure they'll refund it and let you keep it since a damaged poster isn't worth their time. After all there theoretically shouldn't be any extras laying around...

In case you haven't found it, here is their store policy with contact information:

http://www.infinitemerch.com/pages.php?pageid=3
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 am

Wow I am very surprised that the guys signed in black ink on this dark poster. If they are selling for that much, I would have expected a silver sharpie/paint pen. Happy I didn't end up purchasing one in the long run. Guess I made the right call in the end.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

What a Face
mostly joking... mostly

Yeah, I pay 80$ for a poster and it comes with big creases in it, I guess i should be happy with that?

I contacted IM. They said I could return it for a refund, which is I guess all they can do as if they sold out 200 then presumably they can't replace it. I'll probably just keep it cause I'd rather have it with a crease than not have it at all.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:49 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

What a Face
mostly joking... mostly

Yeah, I pay 80$ for a poster and it comes with big creases in it, I guess i should be happy with that?

I contacted IM. They said I could return it for a refund, which is I guess all they can do as if they sold out 200 then presumably they can't replace it. I'll probably just keep it cause I'd rather have it with a crease than not have it at all.

I would absolutely be pissed off if I were you. Might I suggest that you get a refund and then use that money to buy SirBrad's poster, which he offered up a few posts above?

Win win if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Received my poster from El Jefe today... money well spent.

He sent along an additional poster for the band Converge if anybody would like it for free let me know.

http://fab.com/inspiration/converge-poster

Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:38 am

Mine is still available if anyone wants it for $80.

Also, I posted this before about other limited posters, when the run is such a low count they should really be individually numbered.

Anyhow, turnitin2004, if you are interested let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:53 pm

SirBrad wrote:
Mine is still available if anyone wants it for $80.

Also, I posted this before about other limited posters, when the run is such a low count they should really be individually numbered.

Anyhow, turnitin2004, if you are interested let me know.

Thanks for the offer. I already told the IM people i wasnt going to return it, so Ill probably stick with that. dont want to deal with any more mail troubles.
Back to top Go down
Navesink Banks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 pm

I accidentally bought two of the 200 edition, band signed poster. If anyone needs one, I can part with my extra.
Back to top Go down
Navesink Banks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm

I would also entertain any trade offers for vinyl/other posters.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 am

so who else is gonna be at the premiere tomorrow night?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:33 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
so who else is gonna be at the premiere tomorrow night?

I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 pm

The shirts that were supposed to only be on sale at the premiere tonight are currently available in the online merch store.

https://www.infinitemerch.com/product.php?productid=17967&cat=697&page
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 pm

I plan to be there tonight. See you guys then!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:16 pm

My plans fell through :/ Hope you guys have fun! Let us know how it was!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:08 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/gaslight-anthem-explore-musics-power-in-every-word-handwritten-20130219

you guys, the whole thing is streaming on rollingstone.com! hooray!!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Absolutely loved it... It took the music video and fleshed out the story a bit more... really incredble
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 pm

if anyone picked up an extra postcard and is willing to share it with me, that'd be rad.
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm

kind of disappointed with the video... anyone else agree? i feel like the music video did a better job telling the story, in a shorter amount of time, set to music. these guys are my favorite band and usually i love whatever they do unequivocally, but this is kind of weak.
Back to top Go down
moconnell23
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moconnell23

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 pm

I liked the music video better than this, but it's still pretty good. Kind of disappointed though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 pm

After all that waiting, I gotta say I'm a tad disappointed. I was hoping they'd expand on the stories presented in the music video. Instead all they added were shots that padded it out.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 pm

I thought it was a sweet film. Shelby- I'm pretty sure I saw your face right up close in the beginning!

I got there just in time. I had to take 2nd Ave cus of traffic on the FDR. That made me mental cus of all the traffic and crazy pedestrians, taxi drivers and people on bicycles who, I swear are on kamikaze missions. So because of all that delay, I ended up sitting in the 2nd row, which usually sucks when you want to watch a movie, but it was kinda neat cus I was directly behind the actor who played the musician and the band's manager was sitting next to him.

Gossip Girl Report: It was cute cus whenever the actor was on screen, his ladyfriend would nudge his elbow and smile at him. Ian and Andy Diamond were there as well as Alex Rosamilia and Alex L. They hung out after in the theater for a little bit. And that was that! Glad I went. Weird to go into the city and leave an hour and fifteen minutes later! Also weird to be home by dinner.

The Q&A didn't go on too long, mostly because I don't think people had much to ask. I didn't realize Alex R had done the score to the film til tonight.

I wasn't disappointed in the movie at all. It was what I expected.

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next