DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Interview next Monday!

Go down 
+6
Labhras
StopAndSlideToTheRight
JimmyB
bringiton_ty
Steve70s
tyoac
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Gaslight Interview next Monday! Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:32 am

hey folks,

a friend of mine has the chance to interview the boys (benni and one of the two alex) next monday before their gig in vienna! he is a huge gaslight fan as well but has a pretty busy schedule going on thats why i ask here:
is there anything you really want to know? that maybe hasnt been asked before?
hes looking for questions but also for any input you can give for this interview. thanks!

cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 am

how long will they keep up their hectic touring schedule before they take a long break?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

1. After the mixed reactions with the release of handwritten will the band continue on the next album going in any direction musically that they feel or return to what alot of people seem to regard as the "good old days"?

2. handwritten has a different feel musically to the other albums. As fans we know a quite alot of who you state are your influences. Has any band in paticular contributed directly to this sound or is it a natural progression of your music?

3. Any plans when you come to the uk to cross that little border and make all your Welsh fans day Razz perhaps a date at the city that Brians favourite poet lived in. For this i will provide a tour of landmarks related to him
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:45 am

What City/venue would you like to play at, that you have never played at before?
Some musicians have "rituals" they do before going onstage (IE, Group huddle) do you guys do anything similar to that?
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Will Perkins ever become an "official" member?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Well in a past interview Brian said there are 5 in the band so he may aswell just announce ian is in
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm

when you take a long walk with bruce springsteen what is your favourite part of new jersey to go to?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Labhras wrote:
when you take a long walk with bruce springsteen what is your favourite part of new jersey to go to?
haha this^^^^ Razz
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:32 pm

thanks for your input guys, ill let you know when the interview is over/gets published Smile
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:15 am

Can we expect headlining tours next year?? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 am

BUMP! Was this interview ever posted? thanks!
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 am

yup, last week. sorry for the delay. here it is: http://www.thegap.at/musikstories/artikel/raise-the-dead/
its in german though.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 am

Cool interview thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
rotmitweißenpunkten
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:30 pm

hahahahahaaaa Very Happy awesome interview!! so funny! i wished i could have heared them sing Laughing
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 am

Translation:

Raise The Dead!
by Kevin Reiterer

During the indoor tour promoting their new album "Handwritten" The Gaslight Anthem also took hold in Vienna. Patrick made ​​it Munnich photos for The Gap and met drummer Kevin Reiterer Benny Horowitz and bassist Alex Levine in a brief but amusing conversation. What the two have to say about Raise Dead, life on tour and the Beach Boys, you read the following interview.

You are now more or less continuously for five years on tour and have played in many cities. Is there a particular city or venue in which you want to appear more important?

BH: Of course there are a number of cities where we have not played yet. While we're touring a lot, but mostly in the U.S. and Canada, Central Europe, Japan and Australia, that is very much for us but on the other hand, a very small part of the world.

AL: Israel, Greece come to mind. Countries where bands play not normally.

BH: I really want to play time in South America, so yes, of course there are many places where we should go there.

Your last album "Handwritten" sounds compared to the last album, something different. You have declared your various influences many a time, but is there a particular artist or a certain band that has contributed to this new sound, or is it the design, you do as a band?

AL: Sure, we have to "Handwirtten" trying to find more and more our own sound and let our influences at the door.

BH: I think it's both. As a band, of course, you're trying to produce something new that you have not done before. Everyone is moving in different directions and this should be exciting for the listener. We do not make the same album again and again. So we would indeed satisfy a small group, but as a band we would move towards nowhere. On the album, we are again a little more 90s, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, etc. But of course, everyone else is listening music, thus it's hard to bring that whole thing in a nutshell.

Since your last album you're on a major contract. Did you still have full control over your releases like artwork, etc.?

AL: Yes, definitely. We would also not allowed to us someone takes away these areas.

BN: If this were not so, we would still be on an independent label.

Many bands have a ritual before going on stage. The Gaslight Anthem have something similar?

BH: We make this Gruppenseancen, we draw on habits and try the dead to life. (Laughs) And that person that we awaken tells us then, that we should set play.

And the special tote or simply are what results?

BH: We're not really good at it, we just try it and then are happy with what is happening. Once we got lucky and the former center of the New York Knicks was awakened.

AL: Patrick Ewing?

BH: Patrick Ewing is not even dead yet (laughs) Dave DeBusschere's it.

That was probably my fake answer. But honestly, people do anything interesting before their gig. Everyone has heard his own operations with stretching, music, etc.

Imagine for a minute that you're not a band, but a festival organizer. Who would be your three headliners?

AL: We've's actually very good, because we've played with a lot of bands, bands that you do not often see, like The Cure or Refused, with whom we have played a total of nine times. David Bowie I'd like to see 'once, The Who also.

BH: If I could go back in time, probably Led Zeppelin and The Clash in the prime of their work and something soulful, like James Brown.

So you'd have something to work on your Resurrection arts.

BH: Yeah, I've only through half the book. (Laughs) Do you know who gave me this, Eddie Vedder! When I think about it, it was really a crazy year. (Laughs)

What was the first album that you bought?

BH: Actually, it was for me a cassette of the soundtrack to the movie "Cocktail". A movie from the 80s with Tom Cruise, horrible, but because a song by the Beach Boys had it, " Kokomo ".

(Alex and Benny sing the first few lines of the song)

But I think we should stop singing, otherwise the end here, as in " Spinal Tap ". Sing during an interview, how far it has come with us. (Laughs)

Since you're so constantly on tour, what exactly are you doing in order not to die of boredom?

AL: A lot of reading and watching movies. I've recently started a Ghostbusters comic book to read and look at the way "The Wire," a show that was already a ten years old but still pretty cool!

BN: I read also like to listen to music and write fanfictions. And of course, video games, we all play FIFA. Recently we have four controllers and can play as two against two.

If you marry a member of The Gaslight Anthem'd have to, who would it be?

BH: I was divorced three times. (Laughs) That's a weird question to answer, but the fairest would be a "Mormon" solution, just marry all three. I am more of the diplomatic type.

Thank you for the interview.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 9:39 am

The last thing...was a joke, right? Surely Benny isn't a three-time divorcee at his age haha.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:26 am

glad a question i posted and wondered about was asked Smile haha awesome they play FIFA remember Ian talking about that at birmingham
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Interview next Monday!   Gaslight Interview next Monday! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Interview next Monday!
Page 1 of 1