DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm

Go down 
+5
TGAFAN25
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
matkins
dmcraig
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dmcraig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Empty
PostSubject: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 1:12 pm

http://www.sonic1029.com/2012/10/12/layne-mitchell-show-podcast-176/

features acoustic versions of 45, DESIRE, & The '59 Sound
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:39 pm

can someone separate into individual tracks as MP3s?
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks for the link. Just listened and found the interview pretty funny. He is definitely tiring of the New Jersey references/questions. And, his dogs don't like questions about New Jersey either Laughing
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:59 pm

The only good thing about the New Jersey questions is Brian keeps getting more and more creative with his methods for responding, haha. "Yeah I like pizza too. I don't wanna BE pizza." I liked those interview bits, they were funny.

I like the '59 Sound out of the songs he played, wasn't to crazy about how 45 sounded, and I couldn't figure out out what was going on with Desire. Is it just me? Idk I was trying to figure out what the beat was that he was following and then I just gave up. I'm no music expert but it seemed...weird? Idk maybe I was just not a fan of it but did anyone else have a similar reaction?

Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:34 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
The only good thing about the New Jersey questions is Brian keeps getting more and more creative with his methods for responding, haha. "Yeah I like pizza too. I don't wanna BE pizza." I liked those interview bits, they were funny.

I like the '59 Sound out of the songs he played, wasn't to crazy about how 45 sounded, and I couldn't figure out out what was going on with Desire. Is it just me? Idk I was trying to figure out what the beat was that he was following and then I just gave up. I'm no music expert but it seemed...weird? Idk maybe I was just not a fan of it but did anyone else have a similar reaction?

I don't think you are the only one with that reaction. I'm no music expert either, but I thought the '59 Sound was much better than the other two. I still think 45 is a difficult song acoustically. It definitely helps when he sings lower. I don't know if he felt rushed, just wasn't used to Desire acoustically yet, etc.. I would still take him singing over anyone else, though.

The comment about his mom giving birth in NJ was great.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:02 pm

matkins wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

I don't think you are the only one with that reaction. I'm no music expert either, but I thought the '59 Sound was much better than the other two. I still think 45 is a difficult song acoustically. It definitely helps when he sings lower. I don't know if he felt rushed, just wasn't used to Desire acoustically yet, etc.. I would still take him singing over anyone else, though.

The comment about his mom giving birth in NJ was great.

I'm not referring to his vocals I'm referring to the his guitar playing. His vocals, good or bad, very rarely bother me. But I feel like his guitar playing was just off. I'm figuring it's largely due to the fact that he's played 59 sound a bajillion times and he was trying something new with 45 and desire and finger picking is really freakin hard.

Oh man that comment was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Brian's almost becoming a 1965 Bob Dylan with these interviews. Awesome.
I thought the performances were cool
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:48 am

I think the finger picking sounded great. nice to see him trying new things on the guitar and growing as a musician!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:49 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I think the finger picking sounded great. nice to see him trying new things on the guitar and growing as a musician!

I agree it is always nice to see him trying new stuff. I'd rather he try new things and completely fail at it (not saying he did that here) than stay the same. Idk it just sounded weird.

I listened again, I think it's because (at least on my shitty laptop speakers) the high notes are basically all that come through and alone they sound weird. But I'm listening with better headphones now so I can hear the other notes and it sounds way better. Still not my favorite version but I like it better now.

Laptop speakers really suck, haha.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 am

"i don't want to be a slice of pizza"

"this songs called 45 and it's not about nostalgia"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 am

also that's a great version of that song
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 am

and the pause before the outro of 59 sound. class.
Back to top Go down
rdghst
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rdghst

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:33 am

Loved when he said "i'm just gonna go home and play with my dogs... who also don't like questions about New Jersey" Just an awesome interview, and beautiful playing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/josh.mcardle.7?ref=tn_tnmn
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 am

I don't know, when the 59 sound came out there where a few acoustic sessions done by brian that were so good, he (almost [it wasn't perfect but that's ok as it's live]) naild it. but these last few sessions are pretty bad, it seems like he has a hard time to keep "in tune" with his voice. and the playing is not too good either.

anyway, it's nice of him to keep doing this stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 am

pfugly wrote:
can someone separate into individual tracks as MP3s?

Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:18 am

Finally listened to the interview. i really liked it. he sounds tired, but the songs still sound beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm   Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian performing on Sonic 102.9 fm
Page 1 of 1