DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)

Go down 
+10
matkins
Jack
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Vibes
Holland
eagles1139
BuddyHolly
TGAFAN25
steady now steady now
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Sami wrote:
I of course wouldn let him of the studio before he had play all the songs I want, random covers selected by me, answered all the questions about his dog, personal life, admitted that he was so wrong when he said The Replacements arent that good, promise me backstage to all their concerts, put my name on the record sleeve before Jesus, call Dave Hause and get drunk with us. That would Be the show you would listen...or call the police to my station....

Hahaha I'd watch that.

I get the perspective of "this is the most marketable/known thing they've had happen so it only makes sense to ask the question" but why not say something like:

"So a lot of people know you for Springsteen joining you onstage, but you guys have released two albums since that performance in Hyde Park. Tell me about the direction your band is going in stylistically."

or start with

"You've had Springsteen and Vedder join you on stage, your latest album reached #3 on the Billboard charts, what does the next year look like for you guys?"

That gets in the Springsteen plug without asking them to talk about that connection, it acknowledges that they've done a lot since then. and it allows them to talk about their other influences and musical choices. Ideally I'd like them to leave the Springsteen thing out completely (and I'm sure they would too) but that's a least a better compromise.

Additionally, I know these stations aren't considering diehard fans so much as random music listeners but I'm still gonna guess that a hell of a lot of the people who actually listen to these interviews are real fans, because even with bands I like, I usually couldn't care less what they have to say in an interview. So unless I'm a diehard fan, I'm changing the station.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 am

LOL @ brian totally ignoring his question about playing with Bruce. bahahahaha. this was an interesting interview. painful at times, and very funny during others. laughed at the "so much for the afterglow" bit!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa

Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2