DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Empty
PostSubject: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm an hour early (UK time) but I'm at work all day tomorrow so I'm not sure I'll get a chance to post. I've put a mixture of my favourite songs from my favourite bands of all time.

Thanks! Very Happy

http://8tracks.com/sda_casl/through-the-years

TRACKLISTING IS:

The Courteeners - What Took You So Long?
The National - Slow Show
Slow Club - You, Earth Or Ash
Busted - Can't Break Thru
Frightened Rabbit - Poke
Passion Pit - It's Not My Fault, I'm Happy
Howler - 14 Days
Noah & the Whale - Blue Skies

Last edited by bringiton on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Surprised I misssed a band like The Courteeners. Love all that British Indie Rock from the mid-late 2000's. Loving this so far!
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:25 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Surprised I misssed a band like The Courteeners. Love all that British Indie Rock from the mid-late 2000's. Loving this so far!

Thanks! Yeah they're quite good. The second album was a bit of a let down though (Falcon), but it's still worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Good mix there, i also agree about courteeners second album, i was disapointed although still some good songs on there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Going to listen to that stuff right now! Smile
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:06 am

drifter69 wrote:
Good mix there, i also agree about courteeners second album, i was disapointed although still some good songs on there.

agreed.

Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Ok, I gave it a listen and I really enjoyed most of it. Nice one!

That Courteeners song is just fantastic. I have stumbled about the bands name a few times before, but never really listened to a lot of their stuff. I guess I'll try to do that in the next days..

Slow Show is also a good choice to put on the mix tape. I really like the National, Slow Show is one of my favourite songs on Boxer..I've seen 'em playing at Area4 Festival 2011, the show was quite good but they deserved a lot more attention (the crowd was relatively small). I guess that's because they are not a real Festival band, especially regarding their sound.

You, Earth or Ash is one of those songs that I consider as okay, but nothing special...it was good to relax though.

Concerning the Busted stuff...I used to listen to 'em when I was 8 or so, the song takes back some of my memories of that time.

Blue Skies by Noah and the Whale is my favourite on that mix. I absolutely adore that song when I'm in the right mood Rolling Eyes to listen to it. Took me through some weird times..

Poke was interesting to hear. Not sure when if I got to listen to that song before. Quite a good one..

It's not my fault, I'm happy is definitely something that I wouldn't necessarily listen to if I had the choice..anyway, it catched me somehow Smile

With 14 days it was nearly the same I thought about You, Earth or Ash...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Slow Show by the National is one of the greatest jam's ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape   'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Through The Years' bringiton's mixtape
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Mix Tapes-
Jump to: