DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new TGA website front page with lyrics

Go down 
+10
DaleCooper
eagles1139
DiamondSinatra
Shrewsbury_Stars
IrishNameAndAnInjury
plugga
steady now steady now
Holland
SubconsciousRitual
NYYFAN523
14 posters
AuthorMessage
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

new TGA website front page with lyrics Empty
PostSubject: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:09 pm

http://www.thegaslightanthem.com/handwritten-lyrics/
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 pm

This is so cool!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Now i dont have to worry about losing the booklet!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:46 am

NYYFAN523 wrote:

looks pretty, but it's just so fake; they get someone else to handwrite the lyrics and insert pretend alterations, that don't even match the real manuscript alterations

new TGA website front page with lyrics HWhw
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:16 am

yeah I think the point was just giving the lyrics page the "handwritten" feeling, I like it!

I seriously hope that at some point we get a scan of that notebook though.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:40 am

The notebook homepage is great! I agree with Ilaria, I think they were trying to bring the Handwritten feeling into the website, and it worked. I love having the lyrics right there too. Maybe they'll eventually put up the lyrics for every album.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:14 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
The notebook homepage is great! I agree with Ilaria, I think they were trying to bring the Handwritten feeling into the website, and it worked.

I'm sure that was the intention, but as a historian I consider it a serious falsification of the historical record, not because the handwriting is wrong, but because it falsifies Brian's creative process.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:33 am

steady now steady now wrote:
The notebook homepage is great! I agree with Ilaria, I think they were trying to bring the Handwritten feeling into the website, and it worked.

I'm sure that was the intention, but as a historian I consider it a serious falsification of the historical record, not because the handwriting is wrong, but because it falsifies Brian's creative process.

Easy there fella Wink , I think it's just intended to be a bit of fun for us fans as opposed to creating a historical record.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:39 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Easy there fella Wink , I think it's just intended to be a bit of fun for us fans as opposed to creating a historical record.

study I'm clearly too bookish for this; but it won't be long til someone 'snips' one of these pages, and they do the rounds as Brian's handwritten lyrics, and then some college kidor even prof analyses Brian's method of lyric revision, and on from there we go; but ok, it's a fun idea

oh, and as for handwritten ...

new TGA website front page with lyrics 45hw
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:30 pm

The notebook homepage is great! I agree with Ilaria, I think they were trying to bring the Handwritten feeling into the website, and it worked. I love having the lyrics right there too. Maybe they'll eventually put up the lyrics for every album.

you can find lyrics for the other albums when you go to http://www.thegaslightanthem.com/music/ , pick an album and then a song
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:52 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:

looks pretty, but it's just so fake; they get someone else to handwrite the lyrics and insert pretend alterations, that don't even match the real manuscript alterations

new TGA website front page with lyrics HWhw

Its actuallly a font they used.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:53 pm

If you pause at the right times during the Making of video you can get good looks at Brian's actual notebook....Songs I noticed that they showed were Too Much Blood (multiple times), Handwritten, Mulholland Drive, Teenage Rebellion, National Anthem.......and some other song that we don't know ("this is not an exit", "I'm sorry about the weather, how it rains in your heart")
Back to top Go down
DaleCooper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
DaleCooper

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:31 pm

A lot of these lyrics are completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathanhawkins.net
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:39 pm

DaleCooper wrote:
A lot of these lyrics are completely wrong.

Yeah.... It's a really neat page and well done, but if they paid someone to copy those lyrics, why are they wrong?

(looking at 45 and Handwritten....)

Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:20 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
If you pause at the right times during the Making of video you can get good looks at Brian's actual notebook....Songs I noticed that they showed were Too Much Blood (multiple times), Handwritten, Mulholland Drive, Teenage Rebellion, National Anthem.......and some other song that we don't know ("this is not an exit", "I'm sorry about the weather, how it rains in your heart")

I was hoping those lyrics that didn't make it were teenage rebellion, but they werent. They sound like an amazing song.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:57 pm

My favorite thing about the Springsteen exhibit at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame were the notebooks and handwritten lyrics. That kind of stuff is so fascinating
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:46 pm

plugga wrote:
yeah I think the point was just giving the lyrics page the "handwritten" feeling, I like it!

I seriously hope that at some point we get a scan of that notebook though.

How much do you think it would sell for? haha
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 am

I thought Shelby got the notebook? Oh wait, that was a dream Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new TGA website front page with lyrics   new TGA website front page with lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new TGA website front page with lyrics
Page 1 of 1