DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 3 Happy/Sad Songs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Top 3 Happy/Sad Songs Empty
PostSubject: Top 3 Happy/Sad Songs   Top 3 Happy/Sad Songs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 am

Thought it would be quite cool to see what songs have a big impact on members - both songs that make you happy to be alive and songs that really hit you with sadness. I think it's a good way to turn people on to other music that they might not have otherwise found. Here's mine:

Happy Songs

1. Let's Dance by Chris Rea - this song is so upbeat and does what it says on the tin it just makes you want to dance.
Favourite line - 'we're caught in a world full of tears, so many sad times and fears, so while there's a chance and you're near well let's dance'

2. Patient Spider by Sharks - I could have picked any from their album No Gods but this is the one that really stood out for me from the first listen. It's just so euphoric.
Favourite line - 'glad now the days are getting shorter and that she doesn't bother me no more, I spent nights awake until the sunrise and that doesn't bother me anymore, not at all'

3. I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty - my favourite Tom Petty song. Just a great chorus you want to sing at the top of your lungs. Great message in the song too.
Favourite line - 'you can stand me up at the gates of hell but I won't back down'

Sad Songs

1. Blood Loss by The Horrible Crowes - such an emotional song it actually took a while for me to really connect with this song. I feel such a strong connection with this song it's maybe the saddest song Brian has ever written. Just breathtaking.
Favourite line - 'sirens they come sirens they leave, sirens they come and the sirens they leave'

2. One Step Up by Bruce Springsteen - sums up the feeling of moving backwards when you want to move forwards. There's almost a helplessness about him in this song which is very moving.
Favourite line - 'last night I dreamed I held you in my arms, the music was neverending, we danced as the evening sky faded to black, one step up and two steps back'

3. Storm by Lifehouse - so much emotion in this song. I'm not a big Lifehouse fan but there are a handful of really great songs by them which have so much emotion behind them. This is just one of them.
Favourite line - 'and I will get lost into your eyes, I know everything will be alright, I know everything is alright'

There are just three of each I could have gone on for hours! It will be cool to see which songs other people put as I'm always looking to discover great new music Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jables
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jables

Top 3 Happy/Sad Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Happy/Sad Songs   Top 3 Happy/Sad Songs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:07 am

Off the top of my head

Happy- Scar Tissue by RHCP - The song of my summer last year, brilliant with a good sunset (I know it's about drug addiction but still...)
Favourite line - 'With the birds I'll share this lonely view'

- Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts - It's just so lovely and makes my tummy feel all warm and fuzzy.
Favourite line - 'I'll love you forever if I ever love at all, wild hearts, blue jeans and whit t-shirts'

- Heart Attack By Sum 41 - I feel like I've known it forever and the chorus is just so great to bounce to.
Favourite line - 'Turn my head its back to bed with no delay, can't be bothered by the phone ten times a day, why get up my morning doesn't even start till two? Forget reality waking up is hard to do'

Sad - Crash by Sum 41 - Beautiful piano, it's about a guy who died in a car crash that Deryck saw, probably will be played at a lot of funerals.
Favourite line - 'Remember just to live every day like it's your last, and hold me now, cos I think it's time for me to pass'

- How to Save a Life by The Fray - Pretty much everyone knows it so shouldn't take much explaining. Is especially effective when played in Scrubs. Although despite its sadness, me and my friend always scream it out joyously whilst walking down the street.
Favourite line - 'Where did I go wrong I lost a friend etc...'

- SYD's cover of Dammit by Blink - Sad mainly due to it being used in a tribute video for Ryan Dunn, whom I love.
Favourite line - All of it
Back to top Go down

Top 3 Happy/Sad Songs
Page 1 of 1