DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club

Go down 
+13
Jerseyrain
enola
IKeeptheDiner
ral
njguy99
IrishNameAndAnInjury
SirBrad
StitchesOnTheRadio
jdc
JJW319
moonlight
A_Regular
CluckyB
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Empty
PostSubject: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm

We've waited two years. We can wait another seven days. Practice your patience and join in in waiting to hear Handwritten until we can hear it on proper medium, not some lameass stream Smile

pre-order had better come this weekend No waiting is hard...
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Why won't you click me, CluckyB Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:38 pm

High Five I can wait another week!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
High Five I can wait another week!
High Five
Back to top Go down
moonlight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moonlight

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 pm

here I am cheers
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 pm

I mean I'm gonna wait for the CD but yeah, sure
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Waiting another week!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:09 pm

JJW319 wrote:
I mean I'm gonna wait for the CD but yeah, sure

I'm waiting for whatever format it comes to me in first (CD, Vinyl, itunes)

***unless I find out they're playing new stuff at the shows between now and Webster Hall because I'm going to Cambridge 2 days before and I'm not going to that show and hearing them the first time that way.***

Of course that could happen with the Toronto steam tonight anyway.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh man, you guys are missing out. I am finally sitting down to listen to it straight though...it sounds great. The quality is pretty decent with good headphones. I imagine the iTunes DL will be of similar quality.

Anyhow, I respect those holding out...but you're still missing out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm waiting too! I think I'll get the deluxe CD on Friday, so I can wait four more days. It won't be easy, but I'm staying away from the previews, the stream, and any album leaks that may happen! cheers Sad
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 pm

i don't remember a single second of the previews (besides the ones in the making of) so to me those don't count.

I got fooled today! someone else sent me a package and even though it wasn't quite big enough i was hopeful.

Does anyone think our efforts will be in vain and they'll play new stuff tonight?
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 pm

I don't get it, the quality is good.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 pm

I understand waiting to hear it on vinyl... but waiting for itunes/cd?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm

SirBrad wrote:
Oh man, you guys are missing out. I am finally sitting down to listen to it straight though...it sounds great. The quality is pretty decent with good headphones. I imagine the iTunes DL will be of similar quality.

I listened to 45 and Here Comes My Man since we've heard them to check the quality and you're right. Glad you're enjoying it. We won't be missing out for long though!

@A_Regular I can only speak for myself but I'm waiting on CD/itunes simply because it's like this:
I think I enjoy the days leading up to Christmas the most. When it hits Dec. 20th that when the excitement and anticipation are the highest and you wait and wait and then it's Christmas morning and all the gifts are under the tree (not hiding in the closet) and there's something special about that. But if it's the 20th and it's 3pm in the afternoon and your mom comes over and says. "hey, you gifts are in the closet if you want to go play with them you can". It's just not as nice.

I see this the same way. I look forward to loading it on my ipod and putting the CD in the car for the first time. And the vinyl..well...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
SirBrad wrote:

I listened to 45 and Here Comes My Man since we've heard them to check the quality and you're right. Glad you're enjoying it. We won't be missing out for long though!

@A_Regular I can only speak for myself but I'm waiting on CD/itunes simply because it's like this:
I think I enjoy the days leading up to Christmas the most. When it hits Dec. 20th that when the excitement and anticipation are the highest and you wait and wait and then it's Christmas morning and all the gifts are under the tree (not hiding in the closet) and there's something special about that. But if it's the 20th and it's 3pm in the afternoon and your mom comes over and says. "hey, you gifts are in the closet if you want to go play with them you can". It's just not as nice.

I see this the same way. I look forward to loading it on my ipod and putting the CD in the car for the first time. And the vinyl..well...

Shelby, I couldn't agree more. These are my thoughts exactly! High Five
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Exactly. I pretty much always listen to albums for the first time in my car, and I cannot wait to do that with Handwritten.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Okay now remind me I said that if I get weak later Razz
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm with you!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:08 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:

Exactly. I pretty much always listen to albums for the first time in my car, and I cannot wait to do that with Handwritten.

Agree with you both. These is usually the first place I can actually crank it up to my liking and not disturb anyone. Plus, I usually buy it at a store and tear it open when I get to my car.

Think I saw an interview wear Brian says that's how he imagines a record being listened to when he records. Since living in NJ you spend way too much time in a car getting from Point A to Point B.

So even though I still listened to it, it will be a different experience next Tuesday morning when I'm driving to work with it blowing out my windows.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:32 pm

SirBrad wrote:

I thought the stream sounded a little off. It seemed really compressed and the cymbals seemed wonky. So I downloaded one of the FLVs and it contains a 128kbps mp3. Not exactly cd quality at all. The retail release via iTunes (and any actual cd rips) will sound much improved over the stream.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 am

ral wrote:
SirBrad wrote:

I thought the stream sounded a little off. It seemed really compressed and the cymbals seemed wonky. So I downloaded one of the FLVs and it contains a 128kbps mp3. Not exactly cd quality at all. The retail release via iTunes (and any actual cd rips) will sound much improved over the stream.

Definitely not CD but I said it would be similar to iTunes. There isn't a ton of difference between 128 and 256 but man it makes me appreciate not only my vinyls but even my CD's. Never loved the digital format.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 am

I'm listening to 45, Handwritten, and Biloxi. I've listened to Here Comes My Man a few times, but won't anymore. Other than that, waiting till my vinyl comes.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 am

SirBrad wrote:

Not to be rude or anything, but this is kinda like going to an AA meeting talking about how awesome last night drinking with friends was. Point of this thread is to try and hold off on listening to the album, we don't need people telling us how awesome it is here. There is plenty of that on the rest of the internet bounce
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:21 am

Totally support this group. I'm only too weak to join ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:49 am

Ive not been putting up with the starvation all these months only to be scuppered by some silly website. I'll listen to my own copy when it arrives thanks. I know what youre all thinking, if only comments had a like button underneath hehe
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next