DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+17
TGAforLIFE
NYYFAN523
Labhras
A_Regular
plugga
Camus
HorribleCrowe
Klown
azlisa
steph
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Mr.Grieves
Try Me
StitchesOnTheRadio
IrishNameAndAnInjury
saltandburn1967
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Quote :
my girlfriend of the time was pissed at me since it was cold outside and I didn't feel like leaving

I've yet to meet a couple where it's actually the female who wants to stay and the guy is rushing them out the door.

Haha I've met a ton. Jealous boyfriends for the win (no homo) cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 pm

paging mr. herman, mr herman you have a telephone call at the front desk.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I'm going to finally go watch the Handwritten video. I'll be back and I'm going to be a sobbing mess, I'm sure. Just warning you guys! Embarassed

NO. SHANNON! DON'T GIVE IN!!! Sad Ah, alright. You's gonna do what you's gonna do. Rolling Eyes

Haha, I never said I wouldn't watch the video! I have already heard most of the song because of the making of video, so I gave myself this one. OH. MY. GOODNESS. SO MANY TEARS!!! This song, this video, have turned me into an emotional basketcase. I will never be the same after hearing this song. It is perfection. I love you
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:04 am

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Matt L wrote:
The video made me sad. Sad

I've decided that Brian is a sadist.

But it's a good kind of sad. I cried a lot of much need tears to this video tonight. I'm telling you guys, this album is going to save me this summer. I can't even put into words how much I love this song. I just can't. And now I'm crying again.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
I'm going to finally go watch the Handwritten video. I'll be back and I'm going to be a sobbing mess, I'm sure. Just warning you guys! Embarassed

NO. SHANNON! DON'T GIVE IN!!! Sad Ah, alright. You's gonna do what you's gonna do. Rolling Eyes

Haha, I never said I wouldn't watch the video! I have already heard most of the song because of the making of video, so I gave myself this one. OH. MY. GOODNESS. SO MANY TEARS!!! This song, this video, have turned me into an emotional basketcase. I will never be the same after hearing this song. It is perfection. I love you

It took you about 35 minutes to watch a 4 minute video..... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:06 am

Yeah I can't wait. From the few things I have heard I think it's going to be something I won't stop listening to...ever.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:06 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Matt L wrote:

But it's a good kind of sad. I cried a lot of much need tears to this video tonight. I'm telling you guys, this album is going to save me this summer. I can't even put into words how much I love this song. I just can't. And now I'm crying again.

Shannon.....I'm going to need you to relax.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:15 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
I have never seen The Garden State! Embarassed *covers head awaiting frying pan* I think I need to now!

You have one of the best tattoos on DSS. It's amazing, and I love that line. It's so great to hear how much these songs mean to other people too. It's not just me who feels this music so deeply. These songs have saved me more than once, and I will always keep up with them too. I don't think there will ever be a better songwriter in my lifetime than Brian. He just gets how we all feel and what we all go through, and articulates it so brilliantly. I love that guy!

Thank you! <3 I'm probably a little too proud of it. I get a serious amount of enjoyment getting to look at it every day. I can't wait to get my Gaslight tat on my left arm...I would have done it a lot sooner if I haven't had so much trouble deciding what lyrics I love the most to put in it. haha. I'm about ready to break down and just use River's Edge since that's the album where it started with me. I really love "Pages bleed forgiveness, every word handwritten", but I'm gonna wait until my birthday before I make a decision. I take a really long time to boil over my tattoo ideas.

Brian definitely makes me have the hopes that I can reach people the way he does one day. It's seriously mind-blowing when I think about all the different things that he's given to us all. He's my hero. Absolutely #1.

And yes, PLEASE WATCH THAT FILM. So many feels. Amazing cast. Probably the least corny romantic comedy you will ever see. Plus the soundtrack is one of the best I've ever heard.

I'll watch The Garden State the first chance I get. I promise! Smile

Brian is definitely one of my heroes too. And not just because of the music, but because of the kind of person he is. He's just such an all-around great guy, and more brilliant than he will ever know because he's so humble.

You should take a really long time deciding over tattoo ideas. They're permanent, haha! I think tattoos are awesome, but I am a huge wimp when it comes to pain and needles, so I can't bring myself to get one. If I ever did, it would absolutely be TGA/THC lyrics though. No doubt about that! Are you thinking of using "No retreat, no regret?"

Oh, he's such a great guy to talk to. The few times I've had a conversation with him, he's always just been super-nice and warm to me. He and Benny even offered dating advice the last time we met because my girlfriend of the time was pissed at me since it was cold outside and I didn't feel like leaving. It was kinda hilarious, and I would have taken him up on the offer had I not caved in at the last minute since she was bitching so much. She never understood. Rolling Eyes hahaha.

Yeah, that's the line I wanted to use. For a while I've been drawn away from using it since so many have already done so thus far, but I'm getting to the point where I really just don't care anymore. That lyric definitely stands out as one of perseverance, which will mirror the crow that I already have, and it's off of the album that got me hooked in the very beginning. I just love that song utterly, even if the verse is used a ton. I love the idea of getting to carry these things for years, and being able to see them when I'm older as an image of something that meant a lot to me at a certain point in my life. Even so, I'm limiting myself to one a year in the beginning just so I assure myself that I'm doing it with an honest mind. The pain actually isn't that bad, depending on where you get it. The foot and the hand are definitely the worst, but where I got it, it was more like a really heavy scratching than anything else. In some parts it actually felt really good, to be honest! haha.

Here's a trailer for that film in case you're interested! The premise of the story is kinda like this: This guy named Andrew gets a call from his father about his mother passing away, so he goes back to his hometown in New Jersey for her funeral. He's seemingly detached both socially and emotionally, and his time back in Jersey manages to open him up to things he missed out on for all the years he'd been alive up to that point. It's really heartfelt and honest, which is why I'm so attached to it. Kinda the same reason I'm so head over heels for Gaslight!

https://youtu.be/u82n0e1mgmQ

I just watched the trailer and that looks fantastic! I'm going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow, so maybe I'll just buy it if it's in stock. Smile

I think the Meet Me By the River's Edge lyrics are fantastic, and who cares if other people have used those lines for their tattoos? The design can still be original and the song has a lot of meaning to you, so I think it sounds like a great idea. And I have never heard someone say that getting a tattoo actually felt good! I have absolutely no tolerance for pain at all. I'm a big chicken.

Whoa, Brian and Benny gave you dating advice? How cool is that?! And your girlfriend wanted to leave when she had the chance to meet them?! Is that why she was your "girlfriend at the time"? If so, totally justifiable reason to dump her. Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:

It took you about 35 minutes to watch a 4 minute video..... Suspect

I watched it a bunch of times and was crying too hard to see the computer screen. I'm a mess! Crying or Very sad Embarassed I love you
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:17 am

Spam - Page 39 Cute_Emoticon_Blushing_by_vbrigitta just watch handwritten music video! Spam - Page 39 Cute_Emoticon_Blushing_by_vbrigitta

So sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:18 am

I thought...in a way...it was actually a happy music video.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 am

Crosby Stan wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Shannon.....I'm going to need you to relax.

Haha, you don't know me yet, Shawn. I don't calm down! I am just a little bit crazy. geek But really, when it comes to stuff like this, I'm a goner. I am going through a lot of crap right now and music like this is just what I need to hear. it's like deja vu from when American Slang came out (long story, but that album saved my sanity back then), only these songs are even more emotionally charged.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:21 am

i feel like the few songs i've heard i can relate to them more than american slang.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:22 am

How are you guys watching the video? That Tunnelbear thing didn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:22 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
I thought...in a way...it was actually a happy music video.

There were a few happy moments, but it was heavy and definitely sad overall. It hit me so hard. WOW. I love it. I really do. I'm listening/watching on repeat.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:23 am

simo wrote:

http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/browse.php?u=Oi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhdGNoP3Y9TGYtckVzbHVwblkmZmVhdHVyZT1wbGF5ZXJfZW1iZWRkZWQ%3D&b=13&f=norefer
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
i feel like the few songs i've heard i can relate to them more than american slang.

American Slang is MY album, I feel each of those songs so much and I relate to them so much, I honestly never thought anything would top it for me. And then I started to learn about Handwritten and after watching this video...I think this album is going to be the best ever. How does Brian do it? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:

American Slang is MY album, I feel each of those songs so much and I relate to them so much, I honestly never thought anything would top it for me. And then I started to learn about Handwritten and after watching this video...I think this album is going to be the best ever. How does Brian do it? Shocked

magic.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:28 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

magic.

That's gotta be it. These songs are going to hit me like a ton of bricks, and I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:28 am

simo wrote:

http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/browse.php?u=Oi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhdGNoP3Y9TGYtckVzbHVwblkmZmVhdHVyZT1wbGF5ZXJfZW1iZWRkZWQ%3D&b=13&f=norefer

Great, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

magic.

That's gotta be it. These songs are going to hit me like a ton of bricks, and I can't wait!

samesies!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 am

simo wrote:
simo wrote:

Great, thank you!

You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:36 am

It got quiet around here!
Back to top Go down