DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum

Go down 
+5
StitchesOnTheRadio
Breanne
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steady now steady now
Harbortown
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:23 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
But they must not care since they already posted pictures of themselves in a PUBLIC forum. How is it more harmful this way than the other way?

Not entirely true. Believe it or not some people post stuff and have later regretted it, or others have posted personal information about other users on the forum and (the owner of said info) has asked me to remove it. Hey...some times you just post stuff and you regret doing so...

Anyone can search the forum and find those photos though. They would be gone if for some reason the person didn't want them up and John would not have been able to find them. People can look through all my posts on my profile and find every picture i have put up on here. I am just not getting how searching for someones name and finding their picture is different from just having every picture on one thread.

As an example, I tried to go back and delete what I'd posted in the picture thread, but it was in a locked thread so I couldn't. Because it's so far back I left it as it was because I didn't think anyone would bother to go and look. Now that it's here I'll have to ask for it to be deleted rather than having it left as it was.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:24 pm

As for the bonus picture, I can't do anything about that so I'm happy for that to stay. Razz
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:24 pm

John just copy your post so if steady now is fine with what you did you can repost it in seconds. I don't think we should go through with this until he has a final say - simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Debonair wrote:
Camus wrote:
Just because someone hasn't posted something against the idea doesn't mean that they're automatically for it. It goes both ways.

Yeah the one thing I've learned is alot of people on here just don't say anything and are actually against it. That's why you should usually give stuff like this a day or two before jumping ahead and doing something. Patients is a virtue....
If patience is a virtue, would it not be fair of you to wait a little bit before chiming the doomsday bells? We haven't even heard any real complaints yet.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Debonair wrote:
John just copy your post so if steady now is fine with what you did you can repost it in seconds. I don't think we should go through with this until he has a final say - simple as that.
steady now steady now wrote:
Your idea sounds fine

I don't see him telling me to wait.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Camus wrote:
Just because someone hasn't posted something against the idea doesn't mean that they're automatically for it. It goes both ways.

Yeah the one thing I've learned is alot of people on here just don't say anything and are actually against it. That's why you should usually give stuff like this a day or two before jumping ahead and doing something. Patients is a virtue....
If patience is a virtue, would it not be fair of you to wait a little bit before chiming the doomsday bells? We haven't even heard any real complaints yet.

Read above post, I'm not putting a complete end to it, I think this just needs to go up for further discussion.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Nothing like a little politics in a Gaslight Anthem forum.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Camus wrote:

Read above post, I'm not putting a complete end to it, I think this just needs to go up for further discussion.
Read above post. I already discussed it with him and he said it's okay.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Your idea sounds fine

Don't warp his words dude he was saying the idea of two threads was good.

Can people not simply be asked to (re)post pictures in the new thread?

Not to mention he hasn't responded in here yet.

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Your idea sounds fine

Don't warp his words dude he was saying the idea of two threads was good.

Can people not simply be asked to (re)post pictures in the new thread?

...the last part implying IF they wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:33 pm

I responded to that question of his at 2:37 pm (my time). The last he was seen online was 3:31 pm. I think if he really was that opposed to it, he would have said something during that hour.

Don't be so against this whole thing just because you're an admin. People haven't opposed it yet, so why should you?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I responded to that question of his at 2:37 pm (my time). The last he was seen online was 3:31 pm. I think if he really was that opposed to it, he would have said something during that hour.

Don't be so against this whole thing just because you're an admin. People haven't opposed it yet, so why should you?

Like I said just copy your post, it can be reposited in a matter of seconds, I've had many conversations with steady now in situations like this where he trusts my judgement and has told me to go ahead with out his permission, until he can get on and have a final say.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:39 pm

I think your judgement is silly and paranoid.

Again: If they didn't want their pictures online they would have taken them off themselves in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Again: If they didn't want their pictures online they would have taken them off themselves in the first place.

Youre 100% entitled to your opinion, I don't believe you created this out of any harm to anyone, nor do I believe this is a bad idea, I think there are just some kinks that need to be worked out first.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Harbortown wrote:
Don't be so against this whole thing just because you're an admin.

Be nice, John. I don't see a problem with these new threads either and I think they'll work out great, but Andrew is just trying to be fair and look out for everybody's best interest here. No need to get defensive.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 pm

You're entitled to your opinion too, but why would you change what people already seem okay with?
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Harbortown wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion too, but why would you change what people already seem okay with?

Because it's not clear that everyone is okay with it. That was the point being made.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:49 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Harbortown wrote:

Be nice, John. I don't see a problem with these new threads either and I think they'll work out great, but Andrew is just trying to be fair and look out for everybody's best interest here. No need to get defensive.
You're right. I apologize.

I'm just tired after having put that whole thing together for two hours, haha. And I think it's really unnecessary for him to want to delete the thread, even if it's just temporary, because he's just assuming that people will dislike the fact that their pictures are now organized (Not any less public or accessible than they were before) even though no actual complaints from posters have seen the light of day.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Camus wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Because it's not clear that everyone is okay with it. That was the point being made.
True, but that's just an assumption. Currently, the trend points toward people actually being okay with this.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Honestly we could go on and on, I could argue my point and you yours, and we won't see eye to eye. Let's just end it here, if steady now comes on and says I'm 100% wrong and you are right - cool. Good for you - I honestly mean that. But as Shannon pointed out I'm just watching out for this place, and something doesn't sit right for me.

Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Camus wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

True, but that's just an assumption. Currently, the trend points toward people actually being okay with this.

Based on a 3 or 4 posts agreeing with it? You need more of a sample than that.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Camus wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Camus wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Yep!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Camus wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Camus wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Hence why I usually leave a poll up for a few days, but guys just ended it we are all going to go around in circles. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Honestly we could go on and on, I could argue my point and you yours, and we won't see eye to eye. Let's just end it here, if steady now comes on and says I'm 100% wrong and you are right - cool. Good for you - I honestly mean that. But as Shannon pointed out I'm just watching out for this place, and something doesn't sit right for me.

Fair enough. Do whatever you want to do.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Harbortown wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Harbortown wrote:

You're right. I apologize.

I'm just tired after having put that whole thing together for two hours, haha. And I think it's really unnecessary for him to want to delete the thread, even if it's just temporary, because he's just assuming that people will dislike the fact that their pictures are now organized (Not any less public or accessible than they were before) even though no actual complaints from posters have seen the light of day.

Hug It'll be okay, John. Since Alexander seemed okay with it earlier, I don't know why he wouldn't be now. There's no reason to get mad at Andrew, though. Let's just have a peaceful forum! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum   A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A suggestion for the Introduce Yourself forum
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next