DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+21
Christophe
A_Regular
Camus
Labhras
White Man In Hammersmith
HorribleCrowe
Klown
ThisMachineKillsFascists
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Breanne
Mr.Grieves
plugga
saltandburn1967
JimmyB
Yozzy
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
Harbortown
steph
IrishNameAndAnInjury
DeathoftheCool
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:42 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Why are you nervous?
Same thing as last week. I am having the constant "Do I wait to see where are are, or do I jump now, and risk losing her as a friend" thing between me and a girl. I mean between all the signs she has given off, (moving up to the front row for my open mic performance, talking with me for about 3 hours, hanging with me for three hours, saying that I have always been someone to be proud of, stroking my upper arm to get my attention when she was going home after my set)....I mean- I want to be sure we have mutual feelings.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 pm

This advice goes for everything in life. You'll never know if you don't try. Life is scary and stressful and nerve-wracking, but nothing good comes to those who never go out and try to find it. It's hard advice to follow and I know I don't even follow it myself all the time, but I should. We all get scared and nervous, Jimmy. That's normal. But sometimes we have to just push through the fear and the anxiety and see if something good comes out of it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 pm

only one way to find out, dude.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Just from your last post, I'd say go for it man! And if she says no, well then you have a really wonderful friend right there, who really cares about you.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Do you only see her at open mics? If so, ask if she wants to do something besides that. Food, a walk, whatever.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:59 pm

MattL wrote:
Just from your last post, I'd say go for it man! And if she says no, well then you have a really wonderful friend right there, who really cares about you.
at the risk of turning this thread into romance issues part duex....I am worried if I do make a move and she is not interested, would I end up losing her as a friend over it? and I like her, and would want to stay friends if nothign else. Plus everytime I try to say something, my mouth stops working.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:01 am

Anyway, I am going to bed. night all. I am still trying to work up my nerve. But I do feel like this might be me and her feeling the same. I mean. I said on facebook in general before "If you like me, make the first move and show me" and the next time afterwords she does all that I posted...The stroking my arm with one of her fingers is what really surprised me.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:02 am

Why would you lose her as a friend? She says no, no. You don't have to end your friendship over it, bud! Sure, it'll sting for a while, but if you really care for her as a friend, there's no reason you guys can't still be friends!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:04 am

MattL wrote:
Why would you lose her as a friend? She says no, no. You don't have to end your friendship over it, bud! Sure, it'll sting for a while, but if you really care for her as a friend, there's no reason you guys can't still be friends!
I mean, I tried this before with another girl, we haven't spoken since then. I don't want that to happen again-since she is the most amazing, smart, funny, beautiful, and lovely girl I have ever met and have had as a close friend.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:07 am

JimmyB wrote:
she is the most amazing, smart, funny, beautiful, and lovely girl I have ever met and have had as a close friend.

This answers your question! Go for it, man!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:08 am

Jimmy, has she ever given you the signal? Any long, lingering glances? Anything like that?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 am

She felt up his arm, I think that's pretty close.

Especially because I read on cracked that that's a totally sure-fire way of conveying symptoms of romantic attraction. I think.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:13 am

All the signs are there and you know it, Jimmy. Just ask her out. If she's really your friend, she'll still be your friend whether or not she wants to go out with you, but I'd bet money on it that she will say yes.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 am

Don't mean steal the subject, but that stalker I mentioned a few pages back on tumblr made me a fanpage.

Like, a literal fanpage. With pictures of me, and my dog, and all of my Facebook statuses as "inspirational quotes". And a bunch of pictures of stuff I liked (like The Gaslight Anthem, Nintendo games, NJ Devils, etc.)

It's gone now, but for time it was up, it was perhaps the funniest/most disturbing thing I'd ever seen in my entire life.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:19 am

MattL wrote:
Don't mean steal the subject, but that stalker I mentioned a few pages back on tumblr made me a fanpage.

Like, a literal fanpage. With pictures of me, and my dog, and all of my Facebook statuses as "inspirational quotes". And a bunch of pictures of stuff I liked (like The Gaslight Anthem, Nintendo games, NJ Devils, etc.)

It's gone now, but for time it was up, it was perhaps the funniest/most disturbing thing I'd ever seen in my entire life.

Oh my gosh, Matt, is this girl a total wacko or was she just being silly and trying to get you to notice her? That's extreme!

...You don't have a pet rabbit she could kidnap and boil do you? Shocked
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 am

Oh my gosh, Matt, is this girl a total wacko or was she just being silly and trying to get you to notice her? That's extreme!

I'm going to be completely and totally honest when I say that I have literally no clue whether or not she was being serious.

My gut says she was. Which is really, really terrifying. Neutral

In other news, my friend created a new fansite in honor of the old one.

Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 am

Not a problem stealing the subject. I just wanted to ask for some advice then I was going to probably change the topic anyway.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:28 am

MattL wrote:

I'm going to be completely and totally honest when I say that I have literally no clue whether or not she was being serious.

My gut says she was. Which is really, really terrifying. Neutral

In other news, my friend created a new fansite in honor of the old one.

If a guy created a fansite like that for me, I would be so freaked out, I'd stay as far away from him as possible. It just seems too extreme to me. But I don't know this girl, so that's why I thought maybe she was harmless and just wanted your attention. Maybe you could ask one of her friends what they think about this, if you think they'd be honest with you. And it's always best to follow your gut.

Oh man, what is your friend's new fansite like? I bet it's hilarious!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 am

If a guy created a fansite like that for me, I would be so freaked out, I'd stay as far away from him as possible. It just seems too extreme to me. But I don't know this girl, so that's why I thought maybe she was harmless and just wanted your attention. Maybe you could ask one of her friends what they think about this, if you think they'd be honest with you. And it's always best to follow your gut.

This girl is anything but harmless. She's a nymphomaniac. It's really terrifying, and it's awful because she's in my musical casts, so I'm going to have to see her again when school starts up and musical season begins.

And when I say, "see her again", I mean, "I have to spend days on end with her at practices, stage buildings, and in dressing rooms" Neutral

The fansite's pretty funny, actually. My friend is posting a bunch of silly, "i luv matt" posts, and the blogs title is "Matt Love 5ever (instead of forevr)"
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 am

What possesses people do be that insanely creepy? I had to half-deal with a very stalker-esque dude recently and it just boggles the mind...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 am

MattL wrote:

This girl is anything but harmless. She's a nymphomaniac. It's really terrifying, and it's awful because she's in my musical casts, so I'm going to have to see her again when school starts up and musical season begins.

And when I say, "see her again", I mean, "I have to spend days on end with her at practices, stage buildings, and in dressing rooms" Neutral

The fansite's pretty funny, actually. My friend is posting a bunch of silly, "i luv matt" posts, and the blogs title is "Matt Love 5ever (instead of forevr)"

Oh jeez, you need to stay as far away from this girl as you can. It stinks that she's in your musical casts though. That will make things much tougher! Just try to ignore/avoid her at all costs and watch your back! Haha, maybe you should hire a bodyguard. She sounds dangerous! Razz

It sounds like your friend has a great sense of humor! That must be hilarious!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am

JackStreetcar wrote:
What possesses people do be that insanely creepy? I had to half-deal with a very stalker-esque dude recently and it just boggles the mind...

I have no idea! People are just weird and complicated and sometimes SCARY! What happened with your stalker? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 am

Matt, I'd say you need to pull off an effective peter out with this girl. Just slowly (but surely) start to cut your ties with her.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:46 am

JackStreetcar wrote:

I have no idea! People are just weird and complicated and sometimes SCARY! What happened with your stalker? Shocked

Wasn't mine. See, I would've been fine with that. It's the girl I've been seeing. Luckily he seems to have backed off a bit, but he was very...how do I put this delicately...date rapist-y? Trying to get her to come to a sketchy party and he literally said "don't bring your boyfriend" and was getting super-clingy and saying bizarre shit that you would never say to anyone, let anyone someone that you've never met in person. Yup, that's right...he literally had a couple mutual friends on facebook and added her and I guess got her phone number from someone.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 am

Haha, maybe you should hire a bodyguard.

Last time I hired my best friend as a "girlfriend/bodyguard" to keep her from advancing on me. She pretended to be dating me within the cast to keep her away. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next